Kitsune Neji Au

Shikamarus pov

I was walking through the forest at night. As the new leader of the nara clan it was my responsibility to protect the heard from any trespassers. I kinda miss when this was dad's responsibility. Too bad the old man got himself killed in war.

My thoughts were cut off by a soft whimper. It sounds like a injured animal. I better go check it out.

I followed the whimpering and sure enough there was a brownish coloured fox caught in a bush. His collar was caught in the bush and seemed to be causing him a great deal of pain. Damn hunters always hurting innocent animals like this!

I stepped forward. The fox immediately growled at me, his teeth beared. He clearly feels threatened.

"easy buddy" I said softly "I just want to get this collar off your neck. Must be uncomfortable right?"

I reached towards the collar, trying my best not to get my hand bit off in the process. On closer inspection I noticed that the collar the young fox was wearing was a shock collar. Danmit! No wonder the poor things so freaked out!

I eventually managed to get the collar off. Once I did the most bizarre thing happened. That fox transformed into a boy!

The boy was unlike anything I've ever seen. He had pale gray eyes that looked like tiny moons and long flowing brown hair. If it wasn't for his fox ears and tails I would have thought he was a angel!

The stared at me for a second before passing out. I quickly caught him before he hit the ground. It was a little embarrassing to hold him considering he was completely naked. Nethertheless I can't leave him like this..

Guess he's coming home with me!