Getting Some Shopping

Tw: domestic abuse

Nejis pov

"you worthless little brat!"

I walked down the streets with my head lowered. My uncles harsh words were still ringing my head.

It's not the first time he's yelled at me and it's certainly not the first time he's hit me. As messed up as it sounds I'm actually quite used to this treatment.

You see I accidentally broke a vase during my training session. He proceeded to cut my left arm using the vase pieces, scream about how useless I am and send me out for the shopping as punishment.

I held my arm close to my chest. I wasn't given time to clean up my wound so I'm afraid that the blood might be visible against my white shirt.

I don't want anyone to know about my abuse. It would only shame the hyuga clan.

I walked into the shop and looked through the list that uncle gave me. I nodded as I took the information in and was about to grab from the milk when...

*crash*

I jumped at the sound of one of the stalls falling over. I slowly turned around to see choji on the floor looking dazed with ino and shikamaru standing over him.

"jeez choji why do you have to be so clumsy" ino scolded him.

"sorry I just tripped" choji chuckled nervously.

"be more careful next time"

I covered my ears as tears streamed down my cheeks. The screaming, the banging. It's too much like home. I felt my breathing pick up. Please help me. I can't take this anymore!

My thoughts were cut off by a hand being placed on my shoulder. I looked up fearfully, expecting to see the angry face of my uncle but instead I saw the gentle face of shikamaru.

"are you ok kid?"