Protected By The Nara Family

Shikamarus pov

I whistled to myself as I walked through the woods. This area of the forest was owned by the nara clan, my clan. So its up to me to make sure no troublesome folks trespass here.

I heard some rustling in the bushes. I turned around to find a sleepy eyed boy curled up in a corner. He was wearing a strange white gown and was clearly shaken up.

"please don't tell them I'm here" he choked up "I don't want to die"

I was shocked by his words. He's afraid to die. Is someone trying to kill him? This just got serious!

"easy kid. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. Now let's get you somewhere warm" I picked him up. He had cuts all over his legs but I imagine that's just from running in the woods barefooted.

I carried the boy home and placed him on my bed. He was still shaken up. I sighed. My parents aren't home so I guess he's my responsibility.

He put his hands over his ears and muttered "I don't want to die" over and over again while rocking back and forth. This kids clearly traumatised but what exactly has got him into this state?

"hey easy kid" I took his hands away from his ears "it's going to be ok. Whoever is trying to hurt you I will keep you safe"

"even from my family?" he looked at me with teary eyes.

My eyes widened. I thought he was being targeted by a assassin. I never in a million years though it was his own family!

"your familys trying to hurt you?"

"yes" he yelled "they want to slit my throat and watch me bleed to death to appease their god" his breathing picked up "my cousin helped me escape but their looking for me and I-I"

"hey breath" I took him by the shoulders and leaned my forehead against his "close your eyes and breath"

He nodded and did what he was told. Once he was calm I said "I promise you will be safe sweetheart. I will protect you"

He nodded as he lay against my chest. This kids in alot of trouble and its up to me to take care of him.