Crappy Lives

Shikamarus pov

I sat on my bed listening to my parents argue as usual. I groaned in annoyance. Why can't they just get along like a normal couple!

What did I do to deserve this?

* ringgggg*

My thoughts were cut off by my phone buzzing. I opened it up to see that my boyfriend neji was calling. This was enough to bring a smile to my face. Neji always knew how to make me feel better.

I answered the phone "what's up baby"

"shikamaru come you please come meet me at the park? They did it again" neji sounded like he was crying. That doesn't sound good.

"I'll be right there darling just hold tight" I hung up. I then climbed down the tree next to my window and ran to the park.

Hold on neji I'm coming!

*time skip*

I reached the park slightly out of breath. I didn't normally run but the idea of neji being in the park alone at night left me feeling nervous. Anything could happen to him out ther-

"shikamaru!" I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I could tell from the voice that it was neji. I smiled warmly at him. That is until I saw his face.

Neji had a black eye!

It wasn't rare for nejis family to hit him but they've never struck his beautiful face before.

"it's pretty bad huh? Uncle was pretty mad at me today" neji looked like he was going to burst into tears again.

I gently cupped his face and kissed his eye.

He giggled adorably "thanks shika. You always know how to make me feel better"

I looked at him firmly "neji this has gone too far. We have to run away"

"run away!" neji yelped "isn't that a bit extreme?"

"no. Our families have treated us like crap since day one!" I held my hand out to him "come on neji. Let's run away together"

He nodded nervously before taking my hand "I'll go anywhere you go!"

I smiled and pulled him into a hug. This is the start of the rest of our lives together!