Meeting Someone In the Woods

Nejis pov

I tredded carefully through the forest. I didn't believe in that nonsense story Lee and tenten told me but I should still be careful. There could be wild animals around this area.

I bent down and started picking up any spare sticks and logs I could find and placing them in the basket on my back. It was nearly full when I heard a twig snap behind me.

I turned my flashlight to the direction of the sound and to my surprise stood a boy with a ponytail. I dropped to my knees. Those stories were real!

"Well well well. It's not often someone around my age wanders in here" he walked towards me. I started trembling. I mean I heard such terrible things about the shadow clan. I have a right to be scared!

He bent down and gently cupped my cheeks "dont be scared little rabbit. I just want to get a better look at you" he inspected me for a moment before grinning "white eyes. You must be part of the hyuga clan"

I nodded "is that bad?"

"Well it's not good for you sweetheart" he chuckled "you see the hyuga clan banished us here when I was just a baby so any hyuga that wanders into our woods are to be killed on sight.

My eyes widened. Kill on sight!?

He stood up and shadows-like hands sprouted from the ground. I flinched back, thinking he was going to rip me apart with those hands but instead he used them to put some spare logs in my basket.

He bent down and petted my head "get out of here before the others find out" with that he walked away.

I watched him leave in disbelief. He spared me. Maybe they're not as scary as I thought...