Finding Out The Truth

Shikamarus pov

We walked upstairs to where the kid was staying. I tried to open the door but there was something blocking the way. I guess he heard us.

"kiddo please open the door" I said softly.

"no!" the boy yelled "your going to let them hurt me!" even without seeing him I could tell he was in serious destress. I sighed. This isn't going to be easy.

"I don't want to hurt you darling" I said gently "I just want to talk. Can we please talk?"

I heard a chair being moved away before he poked his head through the door "ok but I don't want you all coming in"

I sighed "alright then. It will just be you and me then"

He nodded at let me in. Mom really dolled the kid up last night. He was wearing a blue kimono with white clouds (one of mom's favourites) and he had had his hair tied up with a blue ribbon. He looks even more like a doll than before!

Could such a delicate looking boy really be capable of murder?

I sat down next to him on the bed "ok sweetheart I want to hear your side of the story now"

He took a deep breath "my family never treated me well. I figured it would be best if I just ran away. It turned out to be a terrible mistake though. I-I was kidnapped a-and forced to marry the son of the tojo clan leader" he began trembling "H-he was so cruel to me. He beat me around a-and v-violate me. I tried to run away one night that they were sleeping but... "

*flashback*

I ran through the forest with only some bedsheets to cover my body. I didn't have time to grab my clothes. I have to get out of there before-

I was cut off by a punch to the face. I didn't dare look up. I knew he'd be towering over me.

"you little bitch" he growled "you really thought you could run from the tojo clan?"

"I'm sorry" I whimpered.

"oh you will be" he pushed me onto my back, forcing me to look into his eyes "I think it's time for a little punishment~"

I was frozen in fear. No please I can't go through this again!

"stop it!"

*end of flashback*

"I hit him in the chest with my gentle fist. I remember how he coughed up blood and started twitching before he went limp" he burst into tears "I didn't mean to kill him. I swear!"

"hey I believe you darling" I muttered softly as I pulled him into a hug "that basturd had it coming. You did nothing wrong"

"thank you" he sobbed quietly into my chest "my names neji by the way"

"nice to meet you neji" I smiled gently "I'm shikamaru. Your new guardian"