Learning To Live As A Human

Shikamarus pov

"alright here's my home" I announced as I led the deer boy inside.

He nodded and slowly walked up to investigate the couch. I watched him in amusement. Has he never seen a couch before?

I took a seat on the couch. He watched me in amazement before taking a seat next to me.

"it's very soft" he muttered as he pushed at the fabric with his hands.

"Well that is the idea buddy" I chuckled.

"is everything in your house this soft?" he asked.

"not everything" I explained "but the things we sit and lie on are soft so that we don't get back pains"

"ah that's very clever" his eyes lit up excitedly. I couldn't help but smile. The kids surprisingly cute!

Everything about this kid is a mystery to me. He can speak perfect English and let he doesn't know what furniture is!

"do you have a name kid?" I asked.

He nodded "my names neji"

"I see" I muttered "well my names shikamaru and I'd like very much if you could live with us"

"I can't!" he shook his head frantically "the herd is my family. I can't leave them!"

"I'll take you to visit them anything you want" I insisted "please darling you can't spend your whole life away from your own kind. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

He nodded slowly "I do but I'm scared to live with people. People are scary"

"Well am I scary to you?"

He shook his head.

"see" I smiled at him "Not all people are scary. Will you promise to give it a chance?"

".... Ok"