Black Space (inspired by Omori)

Tw: depression, loss of a loved one

Nejis pov

"come on nii-chan come play with us!"

My life has gotten so much darker since the day hinata died. We used to be a happy group of friends. Me, naruto, kiba, sakura, shikamaru and hinata. It all went away the day hinata died.

Naruto went into a state of depression. He lossed the Love of his life so it only natural. His brother kiba helped him through it and eventually he went off to train to be hokage.

Kibas been trying his best to get through it. He's a positive guy but even he's struggling behind that bright smile.

Sakura has distanced her from us. She joined a gang of bullies which annoyed kiba to no end. They've been butting heads constantly!

Shikamaru has took it the best out of all of us. He's taking up gardening and has even made some new friends.

And as for me? Well I haven't been able to get out of bed. I keep imagining a blank space where we're all kids again and everything's right in the world. I know I'm delusional but I can't help it. I just want to be happy again. Is that so much to ask?

My thoughts were cut off by a knock on the door. My eyes widened in surprise. No one ever visited me. They were always too busy with their own lives.

I dragged my feet towards the door and opened it. I expected to see kiba who was normally trying to get the gang back together but to my surprise standing there was shikamaru.

"hey there neji" he chuckled lightly "I just grew the most marvelous catus and immediately thought of you. Prickly on the outside but soft and juicy on the inside. So what do you think?"

I felt my eyes tear up. He was.. talking normally. There was no pity or fake sympathy in his voice. He sounded the same as he did when we were kids.

I ran into him and cried into his chest. He smiled as he petted my head.

"there we are" he said softly "there's no need to hold back those tears. There's no shame in it. Cause no matter what happens I will always here for you.."