Boy In The Woods

Shikamarus pov

I whistled a tune as I walked through the forest. As a member of the nara family it was kinda my job to watch over the deers. It's a drag but someone's gotta do it.

"ok yuko come here" I called to the head deer. Every member of the herd had a name and I've had to memerise those names since I was a child.

He slowly walked up to me and sniffed my hand. He bowed his head and the rest of the herd quickly followed suit. I counted each member of the herd. Everyone seems to be accounted for-

I stopped in my tracks. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Behind one of the deers was a shirtless boy with long brown hair and deer fur around his belt. What the hell is he doing out here!

I took a step towards him. He backed away nervously.

"easy buddy I'm not going to hurt you" I said gently "do you understand what I'm saying?"

He nodded slowly.

I smiled at him "that's good. Do you live out here?"

He nodded again "this is my herd" he petted the doe with a gentle smile.

"Great" I thought to myself "I'm dealing with a real live tarzan"

"Well buddy my family the nara clan looks after these deers. So why don't you come back to my place"

I held out my hand. He hesitately took it. I smiled and slowly led him back to my place.

Guess he's my responsibility now.