Milk Part 1

Shikamarus pov (aged eight)

I walked down the streets without a care in the world. Why should I? I'm a kid that doesn't have to go through any responsibilities that adults have.

Those kids that wish they could be adults already just so they don't have to be told what to do anymore don't have a clue. I'm in the prime of my life and I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest.

"*hic*"

My thoughts were cut off by soft sobbing coming from the alleyway. Curious I decided to check it out.

I wandered down the alleyway till I came across a boy cradling something.

"are you ok?" I asked.

He turned to me with teary eyes. I couldn't help but think those eyes were very pretty.

"please help. I think she's hurt" he whimpered. It's then I noticed that he was cradling a kitten.

"ok follow me" I took his hand and ran down to my secret clubhouse which was really just a abandoned house.

Before we went in I turned to him and said "you need to promise not to tell anyone about this place"

"I promise" he nodded and with that we stepped inside.

We sat down and inspected the kitten. I gently petted its stomach. It let out a soft mew in response.

"it doesn't seem hurt" I muttered.

"how can you tell?" he asked.

"my family works with deers so I can tell when a animal was hurt" I explained.

"wow that's cool" he gasped "so what's wrong with her?"

I thought for a second "maybe she's hungry. I've got some milk in the fridge"

I ran to the fridge, pulled it out of fridge and poured it into a rusty dish. The kitten mewed in excitement as she jumped out of the boys arms and ran to the milk.

"she all better" he clapped his hands excitedly. I found that really cute.

We watched her in silence until...

"she's like our little baby huh?" he giggled.

"hmm I guess so" I muttered "then who's the mommy and who's the daddy?"

"I'll be the mommy since I'm the nice one and you can be the daddy since your the strong one" he replied.

"ok that makes sense" I nodded with a small smile. I like this boy and I like our fluffy baby too.

I think we'll make a good family.