A Day Out At The Hyuga Household

Shikamarus pov

"I can't believe you're making me do this" I groaned as naruto dragged me down to the hyuga household.

"oh come shikamaru. Hinatas lonely. She needs a few friends over" naruto insisted.

"Well if you're so conserned then why don't you just go over" I glared at him.

"I can't go over to a girls house on my own!" he yelped "that's creepy!"

I rolled my eyes. I can't believe this guy. Dragging me around a strange house just cause he doesn't want to go alone. Well I guess it's my fault for letting him.

We arrived at the house. We knocked on the door and hinata answered.

"n-naruto-kun" she gasped "I wasn't expecting you and shikamaru-kun to visit"

"yeah I thought you could use the company" he smiled at her "can we come in?"

"yes of course" she nodded as she let us in.

I looked around the house. Damn it's huge. I looked back to see naruto and hinata chatting. How those two aren't a couple is beyond me.

I wonder what the garden looks like. I bet its huge like everything else in this place. I peaked outside to see a boy in a kimono reading a book. He looked around hinatas age. Are they siblings?

He stood up to walk away when he spotted me. He let out a startled yelp.

"sorry for startling you" I muttered "my name is shikamaru nara. I was invited here by hinata"

"ah I see. You are a guest" he bowed to me "my name is neji hyuga. I'm very grateful that lady hinata has made friends"

"lady hinata?" I raised an eyebrow.

"yes she is my cousin and I am devoted to her" he said calmly. I noticed that he had a scar on his forehead. I remember dad telling me that the main family basically treat the branch family like slaves using that mark. Creepy.

"hey kid. Have you ever thought of just doing what you want to do?" I asked.

"what do you mean?" he asked.

"Well it looks to me like you spend most of your time inside? Dose that make you happy?"

"I've never thought about it" he muttered "I suppose I'd like to go outside but I don't really have any friends so I have no reason to leave"

"you don't need friends to go outside. Just do what you want to do. Your your best company after all" I shrugged.

He looked at me for a bit before smiling "your very interesting shikamaru. Will you be my friend?"

"huh" I turned red at his statement. It was such a innocent question that it kinda threw me off! "sure thing. I don't mind being your friend"

He stared at me with a blank expression before nodding "excellent. Then I shall be on my way" with that he picked up his book and walked away.

I scratched my head. What a strange kid. Is that what happened when you're home schooled?