A Cabin In The Woods

Nejis pov

I woke up in a strange place. I slowly sat up when I felt a sharp pain in my head. That must have been from when I banged into a tree.

Honestly my whole body was covered in aches and pains. God panic attacks suck!

"I see your awake" I jumped at the sound of a voice "easy kid it's just me"

"s-shikamaru" I muttered nervously. Oh yeah he rescued me from the woods last night. Now that I'm not having a panic attack I feel pretty embarrassed.

He took a seat next to me with a smile "how are you feeling?"

"mmm fine" I muttered with a slight blush.

"that's good" he petted my head. I looked up in surprise. It's not like shikamaru to treat me this way.

"now that you're feeling calm you think you can tell me what you were running from?" he asked gently.

I sighed. I'm not getting out of this one "I was running from the hyuga clan. They were planning on giving hannabi the curse mark and I stood in the way. She ran away and I got in trouble" I felt tears brimming in my eyes "I was so scared shikamaru-kun. I really thought they were going to kill me"

"you poor kid no wonder you were so scared" shikamaru muttered as he pulled me into a hug. I sobbed helplessly into his chest "don't worry darling. Your safe in this cabin. I will keep you safe"