Love Notes

Nejis pov

"sakura-chan must be this way. Come on!"

I sighed as I was dragged around by Lee and naruto. We had just arrived in the land of mist and were instructed to stay in groups of three. Unfortunately I got stuck with these idiots. It's not too bad though. At least it gives me a chance to get closer to shikamaru.

We rushed into a perfume shop. Sakura wasn't there but naruto had the bright idea of buying her perfume and now him and Lee are competing over who can buy the most perfume.

I rolled my eyes as I sat by the window. To my surprise shikamaru, choji and ino walked past. I got excited for a moment. Here's my chance to talk to him!

I looked through the note I carefully wrote out in order to get closer to the boy I love. The first thing on the list was strike up a friendly conversation. I nodded before walking up to him.

"hi shikamaru" I waved nervously.

He turned to me and smiled "oh hey neji. Where's dumb and dumber?"

"in the perfume. They're buying a mountain of perfume for sakura"

"fools" shikamaru sighed "I can't imagine ever being that down bad for a woman"

"yeah me either" I said dreamily.

Shikamaru smirked at me "wanna ditch them?"

My eyes widened. Shikamaru wants me to join his team! "I would love to-"

"ok we're done neji come on!" Lee yelled as he dragged me away with several bottles of perfume in his arms.

I sighed. Maybe next time.

*time skip*

I've tried time and time again to get closer to shikamaru but I'm always dragged away by either Lee or naruto in their quest to find sakura. I'm not giving up though.

I read through my notes on how to win shikamaru over. Strike up a friendly conversation, talk about something of interest to him, ask about hobbies. All good advice that I somehow forget when I'm actually talking to him.

"come on neji keep your head in the game! We need to find sakura!" Lee slapped me on the back. When he did so the notes fell out of my hands and into a puddle. I stared at the notes in horror. I can't believe it. My chances of winning shikamaru over are gone.

"oh no" naruto muttered.

"p-please don't be angry neji" Lee stuttered "It was just an acci-"

"waaa!" I burst into tears and ran away.

It felt like everything had just gone wrong.