First Date

Shikamarus pov

Today's the day. I'm going on my first date with neji. I have no idea if I'm ready for this but there's no going back!

"shikamaru are you ready?" neji called up.

"yep I'm just getting my scarf!" I yelled as I put my scarf on and ran out the door. Neji stood outside wearing a black coat over his regular clothes.

"sorry I look a little scruffy I just got out of a long talk with this village leader" the young hyuga apologised.

"it's fine. You look nice" I read in a dating book that you should compliment your partner at the start of the date.

"thanks. You look nice too" he said smiling nervously "come on I have a great place for our first date"

He took me to a hillside where the sun was setting. He had a picnic basket with him.

"surprise! We're going to have a picnic here where its just you and me" neji said.

"that's great" I smiled at him.

We set out the picnic and ate our bentos in peace. Nejis a surprisingly good cook. At least I know I'll be fed well!

After a while the sun began to set.

"wow its beautiful" neji gasped.

"not as beautiful as you" I said as I kissed his cheek, making him blush.

He inched closer to me with a slight blush. I smirked and wrapped an arm around his waist. I don't know much about dates but I'd consider this date successfull!