Blind Prisoner

Shikamarus pov

I ran through the prison halls, taking out any guards I ran past. My teammates choji and ino were creating a distraction while I release the civilians being kept prisoner here.

You see lady tsunde sent us on a mission to rescue some civilians from our own village that were kidnapped by the fire clan just a few days ago. Hopefully they'll be in one piece.

I reached the cell that they were being kept in and opened the door. They immediately ran out of the cell, knocking me on my ass. I rolled my eyes. So much for gratitude!

"mmm" I looked up in surprise. There was a whimpering sound coming from inside the prison cell.

I peaked inside to see a boy standing shakily on his legs, looking around in confusion. I stared at him. Why isn't he leaving like the others.

I took a step forward "hey-"

He immediately freaked out "n-no please don't hurt me" he looked at me nervously. Well rather looked in my direction. I noticed how blank his pupils looked. It finally hit me.

He's blind!

I slowly made my way towards him "easy darling" I said softly "I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to rescue you"

"really?" he reached out and clung to my shirt "please help me. I want to go home!"

"hey that's exactly what I'm going to do" I said as I picked him up. He immediately wrapped his arms around my neck "come on kid. Let's take you home!"