New Neighbours

Nejis pov

I held my bags close to my chest as I nervously walked into the building. This would be my new home. Uncle was against the idea of me moving but I'm eighteen now and want my independence. So here we are.

"here you are sweetheart" the receptionist said as he handed me my keys "I'm gonna enjoy having eye candy like you around"

"umm ok?" I muttered feeling slightly uncomfortable.

He licked his lips suggestively. Ok time to leave!

I walked upstairs with the bags in my arms. I couldn't really see well thanks to the bags so I used my biakugun to find my way around. Unfortunately I couldn't see the loose floorboard and ended up tripping.

"whoe" I felt myself get caught my someone. I looked up to see a handsome man with a ponytail.

"thanks for the rescue" I muttered with a slight blush.

"no problem darling. Couldn't let a cute thing like you get hurt" he smirked at me.

I felt my face heat up as I looked to the floor. It's then I noticed that I had dropped my bags!

"ahh how did that happen" I yelped as I fell to my knees trying to pick them up.

"it probably happened when you fell into my arms" he chuckled as he bent down next to me "here let me help you with that"

"you don't have to" I muttered in embarrassment.

"aww but I want to" he smiled warmly "we're neighbours after all. We should try and help each other out whenever we can"

I nodded timidity as he picked up some of my bags and helped me carry them to my room. He even helped me put my clothes away. What's up with this guy!?

As he was leaving he turned to me and said "I'm shikamaru by the way. You got a name princess?"

"I'm neji and don't call me princess" I glared at him.

"noted" he chuckled as he waved to me "see you around neighbour"

"see you" I said as he shut the door.

I immediately placed my hands on my warm cheeks. Why do I feel so strange?