Spending The Night At The Hyuga Household

Shikamarus pov

"come on shikamaru let's get you inside. You must be freezing"

I let neji drag me to his house. My clothes were dripping wet and my ponytail had come undone. It was cold but conferting in a way. It was a distraction from the war inside my head.

Once we arrived inside the house neji yelled out "everyone we have a guest. Please make him feel welcome"

Hinata and a small brown haired girl who I assume is hinatas sister ran up to us.

"shikamaru" hinata gasped "how on earth did you get so wet!?"

Neji sighed and turned to me "shikamaru go take a shower. Your going to catch your death of cold"

I smiled at the boys scolding. It's nice to hear how much he cared about me.

I walked over to the shower. I could see the girls muttering to neji about something. Great now they're going to know about my attempted suicide too!

I stepped into the shower and turned the hot water on. I let out a gasp as the hot water run down my back. It feels nice. I might stay in here for a while..

I eventually got out of the shower and dryed myself with a soft white towel. Trust nejis clan to have such fancy ass towels!

I put on some pyjamas neji left out for me. They were a bit small on me so my stomach ended up showing a bit. It's better than nothing though.

Once I went out neji led me to his bedroom. He had a mattress and a blanket layed out beside his bed.

"sorry about that. Your visit was a little last minute" he chuckled.

I nodded "it will do" I muttered as I lay down on the mattress. Neji walked around me and lay in his own bed.

We lay in silence. I knew he was trying to sleep but I couldn't help but ask...

"so what did you tell the girls?"

"I told them you accidentally fell into a river" neji said simply.

"really?" I looked up in surprise.

"of course. It's none of their business after all"

I teared up slightly. Wow. That hyuga has a real way of making me feel better.

I climbed into bed with him and held him in a spooning position. He chuckled and snuggled into my chest.

"goodnight neji.... I love you"