Living With A Kitsune

Shikamarus pov

I read through book after book trying to figure out what the boy laying in my bed was.

He clearly wasn't human. The fox ears, three tails and the fact that he can shapeshift makes that clear as day. I assume that he's a demon like the tailed beasts but he's nothing like then. He's far too Human-like. What a pain!

My thoughts were cut off by a soft whimpering coming from the bedroom. Looks like my mystery guest is awake!

I opened the door. Once the young boy caught sight of me he yelped and curled up in a ball shaking. I stared at him in disbelief. He got that scared just by the sight of me?

I slowly approached him as to not scare him off. I took a seat on the bed. Once I did the boy panicked and tried to run away.

"stop!" I grabbed him by the wrist. He tried desperately to pull away as tears rolled down his cheek. Poor baby's really scared. I need to calm him down somehow....

Hesitantly I reached out and gently stroked his ears. He looked nervous at first but eventually he leaned into my touch, purring softly. I chuckled to myself. He's acting just like a house cat!

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the boy laying his head on my lap, still purring contently. I felt my cheeks turn red. I mean its not exactly normal for a boy I bearly know to cuddle into my lap like some kind of pet! I suppose he's not exactly normal.

The boy started whining. I guess he wants me to pet him again. I chuckled and rubbed behind the boys soft ears, making him purr blissfully.

I smiled softly at the boy. He surprisingly cute for such a strange boy...