On The Rooftop

Tw: attempted suicide

Shikamarus pov

I was sitting on the rooftop humming a soft melody. This is the place where I practice my song writing. I used to do it in the dinning hall but my friends would make fun of the whole song writing thing and even beg me to sing so I became insecure. Its more peaceful up here anyway so songs lyrics come to me more easily.

"oh that sounds good!" I muttered as I wrote down my newly thought song lyrics.

I was cut off by someone slamming the rooftop doors open. I quickly ran and hid. The last thing I need is someone blabbing my secret to the whole school!

"mmm what am I doing? I've got friends down there. I've got a loving family. I shouldn't want to die!" his voice sounded anxious. It made me scared for him.

I peaked out to see a long haired boy standing at the eage of the rooftop. Shit is he going to comitt suicide?

"stop!"

He turned back at me in shock. He must not have known I was there. Poor kid looked so scared. I need to help him.

"look I don't know what you're going through right now but I promise you killing yourself is not the answer. Your just going to pass on that pain to the people you love and I'm sure you don't want that" I tried to reason with him.

"I don't" he whimpered as he tried and failed to wipe away his tears "but I don't know what else to do. I can't tell anyone. I'll just end up causing  trouble for the one's I love. But no matter how hard I try I can't get rid of these awful feelings!"

I sighed. Sounds like this kids in a real tough spot but I have to convince him to stop or he'll end up dead!

"please kiddo let me help you. I don't want your love one's to suffer cause of this" I held out my hand. I slowly took it and fell to his knees.

"I'm such a horrible person. I'm so sorry!" he sobbed uncontrollably.

"hey shhh baby your not a bad person. Your just sick and I'm going to make you feel better" I said gently rocking him in my arms.

Poor kid continued to cry in my arms. He doesn't have anyone else who knows about this.

Looks like he's my responsibility now.