Found In A Barn

Tw: implied rape, torture

Shikamarus pov

I was walking home after a long day of work. Its a drag holding a stable job but I'm nineteen now and my parents insist on me "growing up" as they so kindly put in. Argh I can't wait to get to bed-

I stopped at the sound of quiet sobbing. It was coming from our family barnhouse. Odd. There shouldn't be anyone around here. Did mom get hurt while feeding the deers? Shit I better go check.

I ran up to the barn and threw the doors open. I expected to see my mother but instead I was met with the frightened eyes of a young boy.

The boy was small with pale skin littered with dark purple burses and scars. It looked like he was being beaten on a daily basis! long brown hair that reached his waist, covering his mostly naked body. He looked like a delicate doll that could break if not careful..

"please don't throw me out" he whimpered "I don't have anywhere else to hide"

I slowly approach the boy as to not frighten him "what are you hiding from?"

He averted his eyes "bad people. I'm sorry its too painful to speak of.

"that's ok" I said softly "do you have any family I can contact sweetheart?"

"umm well-" he was cut off by the barn doors slamming open. We turned around to see my parents.

"who's this" dad gestured over to the boy.

"I don't really know his name" I muttered "but it sounds like someone's hurting him"

My mother's eyes softened "the poor child isn't even wearing anything"

The boy looked down in shame "I'm sorry that I look indecent. I was only able to grab the bedsheets before I left"

"oh there's no need to feel ashamed love. You've clearly been through hell" she held out her hand with a gentle smile "come on darling. Let's get you changed"

He hesitantly took her hand. She gave him a reassuring smile before gently guiding him inside. Me and dad looked at each other in bewilderment.

Guess he's staying with us!