Meeting A Cop

Nejis pov

"get down!"

I looked over to see a young looking cop holding a gun. I quickly came to my senses and ducked. He fired a bullet at the man, killing him instantly.

"that was a close one" he huffed "you alright sweetheart?"

"yeah I am" I said shakingly "and my name isn't sweetheart its neji!" I said remembering what my family said about not taking shit from city folk.

"whatever you say princess" he smirked "your lucky I came in here for a coffee. So what exactly happened between you and this guy?"

"I came in here for a snack and he randomly attacked me" I explained.

"I see" he nodded as he bent down to inspect the body "fuck he looks sickly. Does he have rabies or something?"

"don't know. He looked like some kind of living corpes" I shuttered at the memory.

"a living corpes eh?" the young man muttered.

Before we had a chance to speak any further we heard a bang outside. We turned around to see a group of people banging on the window. They looked just as sickly as the man from before.

"fuck" the cop muttered under his breath "stay close to me sweetheart. I'll get us out of here"

I nodded and followed him outside as he shot his way through the herd. We jumped into the police car and drove off.

"shit that was a close one" the cop sighed "I can't believe all this crap happened on my first day on the job. What a draaag" he let out a sigh before turning to me with a smile "I don't believe we've been properly introduced sweetheart. I'm shikamaru nara and I'm a rookie cop"

"neji hyuga. I came here searching for my father" I explained.

"Well good luck finding your pops in this mess" shikamaru sighed "seems we both picked a pretty crappy day to start out fresh in the city"

"tell me about it" I sighed as I leaned against the chair. God it feels like this day can't get any worse.

On the bright side at least I have someone to share this awful experience with.