Striving For Peace (omegaverse)

Shikamarus pov

I sighed as I dragged my feet towards the hyuga household. The Hyuga and nara have been at war for years now and after all that bloodshed my parents think it's a good idea to strive for peace between the clans.

"I don't know why we're doing this" I growled "the hyuga clans only looking for peace cause they're losing!"

"don't be a fool boy" dad growled "we can't go on killing each other just cause we don't like each other"

"then why don't we just get them to surrender and leave them in a cell to rot!" I suggested.

"because unlike the hyuga clan we're nice people" mom smiled at me "now get moving!"

"nice people my ass!" I grumbled as we arrived at the hyuga estate.

*time skip*

My parents sat with the head of the hyuga clan while they discussed things. I wasn't sticking around. The Hyuga clan piss me off more than anything.

I was wandering down the hallway looking to kill time when heard a soft sobbing coming from one of the rooms.

I peaked inside and to my horror I saw a boy with long brown hair sobbing with dark bruses covering his pale skin.

I slowly approached the boy as to not scare him. He seemed too wrapped up in his own misery to notice me.

I decided to speak "hey there"

The boy jumped and looked up at me. He started trembling "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cry. P-please don't tell uncle" there was such fear in his eyes. I've never seen anything like it before.

"hey easy now. I'm not going to tell him anything. I wouldn't want to talk to that dickhead anyway" I muttered the last part to myself.

His eyes softened at my word "I just assumed that you would since everyone has such respect for my uncle. I'm sorry if I offended you" he bowed apologetically.

His long brown hair covered his face. It looked so soft that I couldn't help but reach out and touch it. He looked up in surprise. We spent a moment in silence with just me stoking his hair.

"I can't remember the last time someone's been this gentle with me" the boy mumbled.

It's then that I remembered the dark bruses on his body. Shit. It's pretty clear that this kids getting battered by his own family. I have to help him out somehow.

I petted his head with a conferting smile "you stay right here kiddo. I'll be right back to help you out"

"ok" he looked confused but alot less scared than he was before.

It's up to me to help him out.