upset Hyuga

Hinatas pov

"gentle fist!"

Today I was training with nii-chan. I was pretty excited seeing as not only is it a great chance to bond with neji but it was also a chance for me to get stronger. Only problem is...

"gentle fist!"

Nejis not taking it easy on me at all!

"neji please don't go so fast. I'm not as strong as you!" I begged.

Nejis eyes widened as if he just realised something "sorry hinata. I've just had alot on my mind" his eyes looked distant.

"Well would you like to talk about it? I'm a pretty good listener" I smiled gently at him.

He sighed "it's shikamaru. He won't even tell his family about me. He even said that his parents would hate me!" he started pacing "why would they hate me? Am I that terrible of a person!?" I see. He's had a argument with shikamaru.

"neji" I took him by the shoulders "I'm sure shikamaru didn't mean that. Men are just... complicated. We don't always understand why they do the things they do. I'm sure shikamaru doesn't mean any harm by what he's doing"

"I-I know that" neji yelled in frustration "but sometimes I can't help but feel like I don't matter. I mean shikamaru doesn't care about most things. Why would he care about me?"

Before I could answer shikamaru came out of the bushes "neji!"

I quickly stood in between him and neji "shikamaru if you plan on hurting my cousin again I suggest you walk away!"

His eyes turned soft "I'm not going to hurt him hinata. Please just let us talk" I nodded and stepped aside.

"leave me alone!" neji tightened his fist in rage.

"neji" he slowly pulled neji in a hug "I'm sorry I made you feel like you didn't matter hun. That wasn't it at all. I was just being lazy. I didn't want to tell my parents that I was in a relationship. It had nothing to do with you sweetheart"

I could see the tension fade away from nejis body as he lay against his boyfriends chest.

Shikamaru chuckled slightly "tell you what. Tomorrow I'll introduce you to my parents"

"really?" neji looked up.

"yeah. It will be a drag but I want to make you happy"

"thanks shikamaru" neji wrapped his arms around shikamarus neck.

"no problem babe" he said leaning in for a kiss.

I smiled at them happily. They really do make a great couple. I only wish me and naruto could have that kind of relationship.