Saving Him

Shikamarus pov

It was just a regular day. Ino dragged us away on a shopping trip when choji tossed over the bread stalls. Ino scolded him while I rolled my eyes. Man what a dra-

My thoughts were cut off by someone hyperventilating behind me. I turned around and to my surprise it was neji!

He was holding his hands over his ears as he let out choked sobs. What scared me the most is the clear blood stains on his left arm. Is he self harming? I have to talk to him!

I walked up and placed a hand on his shoulder "are you ok" I asked with a gentle smile.

He looked up at me fearfully before giving me a forced smile "yeah I'm fine. I'm sorry for making you worry. I really should get back to my shopping" he turned away to grab the milk.

I frowned. There's no way I can let him leave "hey kid you want to come back to my place-"

"no thanks!" he said quickly "a kind offer but I really must get home"

"at least let me patch up your arm"

He hid his arm as soon as I said it "please just leave me alone" he whispered with tears in his eyes "I need to get home. He'll be angry if I'm late"

Then it hit me. Its not self harm at all. It's domestic abuse..

I placed my hands on his shoulders and made him look at me "please neji" I said gently "I just want to help you. Just come home with me and I promise we'll find a way to keep you safe"

"ok" he covered his mouth as tears ran down his cheeks. I pulled him into a hug, being careful not to hurt his injured arm.

"your so brave" I muttered softly into the boys ear "I promise I'll keep you safe from now on"