Surviving Together

Nejis pov

We ran to shikamarus house with hannabi in my arms. She had a high fever and shikamaru had the first aid nesasary to help her.

"are you sure he's trustworthy nii-chan?" hinata asked nervously.

"he seemed trustworthy" I muttered "he can help us so we have to take the risk"

"your right" she nodded as we reached his home.

He opened the door and gasped "holy shit she's just a kid"

"please sir you have to help her" hinata begged.

"of course I will" he nodded as he took her out of my arms and took her upstairs.

We sat opposite her and shikamaru worked on her. Hinata burst into tears at the sight of her little sister. I wrapped an arm around her as I tried not to cry. I had to be strong for the girls.

Shikamaru stood up with a smile "I've disinfected the wound. She should recover from her fever in no time"

"thank you" we both bowed greatfully. Thank goodness our hannabi is going to be alright!

*time skip*

It was nighttime. The girls were sleeping together while I watched over them.

This whole thing is so overwhelming. Always trying to survive and keep the girls safe. I have to stay strong though. This isn't about me! I have to think of them!

Shikamaru stepped in and took a seat next to me "I can tell you need to vent" he said gently "the girls are sleeping. Go ahead I won't judge"

Once he said that I felt the dam burst. I clung to his shirt crying.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me "good boy" he muttered softly "your not alone neji. I've got your back"