Meeting Team Asuma (fem Neji Au)

Shikamarus pov

It was just another normal day for me. I was sitting in a diner eating barbecue meat with my team when..

"hey ino your not eating as much" choji pointed out "you feeling sick or something"

"ugh don't you know anything choji" ino scolded him "I'm on a diet. I'm going to lose weight so that sasuke-kun will notice me" she said dreamily.

"your a fool if you think that will work" I muttered.

"Well at least I'm trying!" she yelled "your too lazy to ever try getting a woman's attention. I bet your going to end up sad and alone when you're older"

"ino don't you think you're being a little mean" choji said trying to defuse the situation.

"no! He has to hear this for his own good" ino insisted.

I glared at her. How dare she say what I need to hear. I wish I could prove her wrong right now-

Suddenly neji hyuga herself walked through the door holding a book I lent her. I smirked to myself. Nows the perfect time to prove ino wrong!

"hey shikamaru I came over to return-"

"hey babe I haven't seen you in forever" I pulled her onto my lap.

"shikamaru what are you doing!" neji glared at me. Crap I should have known she wouldn't play along. Running out of options I pulled her into a passionate kiss.

"ehh!" was all the hyuga was able to say as we pulled away. Her face was completely red. I gotta admit it was pretty cute!

"ah you brought my book back. Your such a good girlfriend neji" I took the book out of her hands.

Thankfully neji was very flustered so all she did was nod and silently walked out the door.

Ino and choji stared at me in disbelief. I smirked at her. That will show her!