The Shoji Player With Scars

Tw: implied sexsual abuse

Shikamarus pov

I've been recently playing shoji with a boy from the older class and he's surprisingly good! I haven't had this much of a challenge in a long time but one thing about him desturbs me...

His scars.

I always had a habit of being too observant. I noticed things that most people would overlook and I've noticed alot of scars around nejis body.

I've noticed a dark purple burse around his collar bone. I've noticed small scaring around his wrist. It kinda looks like someone dug their fingernails deep into him. Most disturbing of all all is the dark purple bruse on his face that he's clearly hiding with make-up.

It was conserning but I chose to ignore it. It wasn't any of my damn business after all. But when neji suddenly looked pained whenever he sat down next to me I knew I had to say something.

"neji can we just talk for a moment" I said pushing the shoji board away.

"ok" neji nodded "what would you like to talk about.

I took a deep breath "neji I've been noticing alot of scars and burses around your body and I've grown conserned for you. Is someone hurting you?"

He looked horrorfied before forcing a smile on his face "you have nothing to worry about. I'm simply very clumsy"

"and why would you hide it with make-up?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I don't like to worry people" his voice became shaky. I think I'm close to a breakthrough.

"and what about that pained look you had when you sat down? How on earth could you have hurt yourself in that way"

He stayed silent.

"neji answer me-"

"please don't do this" he muttered nervously "I like spending time with you. I don't want to lose you"

"hey your not going to lose me" I said gently "whatever your going through I can hel-"

"no you can't!" he screamed before limping away.

.............