Prisoner Of War

Shikamarus pov

I ran through the prison halls, taking out any guards I ran past. My teammates choji and ino were creating a distraction while I release our people that were being kept prisoner here.

You see lady tsunde sent us on a mission to rescue some shinobi from our own village that were captured by the enemy nation just a few days ago. Hopefully they'll be in one peace.

I was most worried about neji though. He took the fall for me. If I had been more capable than he wouldn't be in this situation!

I kicked down the nearest door. The inside seems to be a torture chamber. Several of our own people were chained up and beaten within an inch of their life. Some of them didn't seem to be breathing anymore. It angered me to see them like this but I have to keep my eyes on the prize.

I have to find neji!

I search the blood stained room until I found neji tied to a chair blindfolded. He was covered in deep cuts and even had his fingernails pulled out. I gritted my teeth. Those basturds!

I bent down and gently took off his blindfold. His eyes widened.

"shikamaru your really here" he muttered with tears in his eyes.

I bent down and gently kissed him on the lips "I'm here darling and I'm never going to let anyone hurt you again"

I cut him free and carried him back home. We were both in rough shape but still greatful to be in eath others embrace again.