The Shadow Family

Nejis pov

"neji are you going up to the woods?"

I looked behind my shoulder to see my good friends Lee and tenten with worried expressions.

"yes. My family has run out of firewood so I offered to go get more" I muttered.

"you can't" they both yelled at the same time.

"why not?" I raised an eyebrow.

"those woods are haunted by the wrath of the shadow clan" tenten explained.

"those who enter the woods alone never return" Lee shuttered.

"guys I'm not in the mood for ghost stories" I placed my hands on my hips.

"it's not a ghost story neji!" tenten insisted "the shadow clan is alive and very dangerous!"

I sighed "guys I appreciate your concern but I'm going to be fine. I'm just gathering some wood and leaving. I'll see you soon" I turned to leave.

"he was a good man" I heard Lee sob. I rolled my eyes and continued on.

My name is neji hyuga. I live in a rich house in a poor village. It makes me sad to think that we have so much but give so little. Well hopefully things will change once lady hinata takes charge.

I froze once I reached the forest. What's wrong with me? Is Lee and tentens Story getting to me?

I shook my head firmly. Get a hold of yourself neji! There's no such thing as the shadow clan. With that I stepped forward...