I Forgive You

Shikamarus pov

I collapse onto the soft grass feeling the urge to vomit. This is crazy. I've never felt so stressed and guilty in my entire life!

I deserve this feeling though don't I? I deserve nothing more than to drop dea-

"shikamaru!" I looked up in shock standing behind me was none other than neji himself. He was a little shaky on his legs but still very much alive!

"your alive" I muttered in disbelief.

"of course. It would take more than some freaky spider to keep me down" he said jokingly.

For a moment I felt relieved before I realised something.

"what are you doing out of bed!" I yelled startling the boy slightly "your just after an operation! You should be resting"

"I heard you yelling outside my room. I felt worried for you" he said truthfully.

"why do you care!" I looked away with tears in my eyes "my poor leadership skills is what got you into this state"

"no my choice to fight for one of my own is what got me into this state" neji said firmly. He placed a hand on my shoulder with a gentle smile "shikamaru you mustn't feel responsible for what happened. Sure your inexperienced as a leader but you did best you could in that situation and no one could ask any more from you"

I lost control of the dam as I hugged neji tightly. He said exactly what I needed to hear. It only when he started winching in pain that I let him go.

I chuckled as I picked him up "come on kid let's get you back to bed"