Chapter 13: brother and sister

I saw Xu Zimian hugging his legs, huddled on the sofa like a cat, watching the silent TV program.

Xu Jinming felt sour in his heart, but it didn't feel right at all.

Thinking back on the conversation with your sister, is your tone too resolute and ruthless? She was so frightened that even if she was watching TV, she dared to turn her voice down to zero, lest it disturb her.

Xu Zimian glanced at Xu Jinming who was going downstairs, and asked suspiciously, "Is Brother Ming hungry?"

Xu Jinming sat beside Xu Zimian, hesitated for a few seconds, and still hugged his soft and glutinous sister on his lap.

Thin lips parted, and asked in a slightly hoarse voice, "Why don't you turn on your voice while watching TV? Yes... Did I scare you?"

Xu Zimian shook his head, and replied obediently, "This is what I saw, and it looks good without a sound."

Xu Jinming turned to the TV and found that the animal world was playing on the TV.

Thinking that her sister is only six years old, what she is watching is not the science of animals, but all kinds of cute animals, and it's okay to have no sound.

But it is undeniable that the reason why my sister turned her voice to zero was because the words she left before returning to the house were too harsh.

Xu Jinming pinched her sister's bony arm, presumably she had not had a good life in the two years she lost, and she was used to the trembling life.

Is my sister afraid of causing her own unhappiness, being kicked out of the house, and being alone again?

Full of apology filled Xu Jinming, and he was almost breathless. He slowly tightened his hands, feeling his sister's warm body temperature.

"elder brother?"

Xu Zimian noticed the lingering sadness around her brother, and stretched out her little hand to hug her brother back.

Xu Jinming will not express his guilt with gorgeous words. If he wants to be good to a person, he will only express it with actions.

He rolled up his fat sleeves, looked energetic, and said with a smile: "It's twelve o'clock, Xiao Mian, do you want noodles? Or should we order takeaway? I can't cook other dishes, but tomato and egg noodles are a must. try it?"

Xu Zimian nodded happily and replied, "Okay!"

Xu Jinming, who hadn't cooked for a long time, was in a hurry to cook the noodles.

After finally making two bowls of warm tomato egg noodles, he looked at his sister expectantly, and asked nervously, "How is it? Is it delicious?"

Xu Zimian picked up the noodles, snorted, and rolled them into his mouth.

The soup is wrapped in noodles, with the sweetness and sourness of tomato, and the fragrance of eggs, and the deliciousness dances on the tip of the tongue.

Although this bowl of hot noodles is simple, Xu Jinming's intentions are everywhere.

Xu Zimian gave a thumbs up, with dazzling stars in his eyes, and exclaimed, "Delicious!"

With the approval of his sister, Xu Jinming slowly exhaled.

Sitting across from my sister, I also started to enjoy noodles. But compared to the food in the bowl, he felt that just watching his sister enjoying the food was enough to eat.

The well-fed brothers and sisters collapsed on the sofa in the same posture, occasionally looking at each other, not knowing why they were happy, and giggling in unison.