Chapter 4

"Greetings to Madam." Li Yaonan gave a proper salute.

Ma Shi was kind, glanced at him a little reproachfully, and said angrily: "You child, you are just right, why are you so

polite, get up quickly." The stereotype of a sour scholar is vividly played.

Ma pointed to the chair next to him and said with a smile, "Hurry up and sit down. You are very precious now, so you must not make any mistakes."

"Mrs. Xie." Li Yaonan just pretended that she didn't understand what she was saying, and didn't intend to feel wronged. , sat down in the direction she pointed, and then began to look at the step-wife in memory, Ma Yulian was really beautiful, with a melon-seed face, phoenix eyes, a small and exquisite chin, red lips and shyness, skin like snow, willow slender waist , even if he is over thirty, but from the perspective of a man, he looks more charming. No wonder he was able to fascinate Mr. Li back then, stepping on Zhang's bones and climbing up, as a concubine , she was quite successful.

"It's just you." Li Shuzhen whispered, not concealing the contempt for Li Yaonan on her face.

"Don't talk nonsense." Ma scolded with a smile, but he didn't have any blame, and obviously agreed with his daughter's words.

"It was originally!" Li Shuzhen pursed her lips, turned her body around, pretending to be angry, and saw that her cherry lips were red without a touch, her cheeks were delicate and dripping, and there was a faint blush on her cheeks, not to mention how cute she looked.

The more Ma Shi looked, the more satisfied she became. Her daughter was beautiful, and she laughed and joked: "Are you still reasonable? You are so sharp and sharp, how will you find your in -law

's family in the future." , holding Ma Shi's arm and swaying straight.

"Go, go! Don't shake it, your mother is old, but she can't stand the toss."

"Where is my mother, she is still so glorious."

"It's your sweet mouth." For

a while, the room was full of their laughter and laughter, and the mother and daughter both forgot the existence of others.

Li Yaonan didn't move, just pretended he couldn't hear it and was treated coldly. It didn't matter, if he was serious, he would lose.

Like him, there is also his second sister, Li Shuyun. Seeing his gaze, she smiled lightly on her tender face, and then she sat still, as if the friendly scene just now had never happened.

Li Yaonan was stunned, sighing in his heart, reaffirming that the ancients could not underestimate, even nine-year-old children were so secretive.

Time passed bit by bit, and after a while, Ma Shi seemed to remember him, patted his daughter's hand, signaled to talk to her for a while, turned to look at Li Yaonan, and asked with a smile, "Nan'er But I'm dissatisfied with the marriage."

Li Yaonan rolled his eyes secretly, isn't this nonsense.

Before he could answer, Ma continued to say, "Your elder brother is also thinking of becoming a good relative for your own good. Now you have failed the imperial examination and you are weak, what will you do in the future? Me and your father While alive, I can still take care of you for a while, until we are all gone, how can you do without someone who knows hot and cold around you, doesn't this make us feel uncomfortable when we leave?"

Li Yaonan sneered at her words, if it was true For his own good, why can't he get married at the age of seventeen, the children in ancient times are precocious, the children of ordinary people start dating at the age of twelve or thirteen, get married at the age of fifteen or sixteen, and can be a father at the age of seventeen. If the marriage was made early, there would be nothing to do with the Lin family, and the original owner would not have died in despair.

"The madam is serious, Yaonan must obey the words of the matchmaker ordered by his parents." Li Yaonan replied sternly, neither saying it was good nor bad, anyway, no matter what the marriage was, he was filial. Son, obey the orders of your parents, if there are any bad rumors in the future, with his words, there will only be unkindness of parents, but there will be no unfilial piety.

Ma Shi was choked for a moment, and became suspicious in his heart. When did Li Yaonan speak like this, but thinking about his pedantic temperament, he felt it was normal, and turned to smile and said: "You can figure it out, the new yard has been arranged. Okay, you see what is still missing, I will have someone fill it up. After you get married, you will be an adult, so don't be self-willed anymore, you know?"

"My wife doesn't agree with me, although Yaonan doesn't agree. Talented, but he is determined to gain fame, how can he be self-willed?" Li Yaonan retorted, Ma Yulian was really talking nonsense with her eyes open, the original owner could bear it, but he couldn't bear it, since the two sides were doomed, why should he swallow his anger.

"You child..." Ma Yulian frowned, and the smile on her face finally faded.

Li Yaonan's eyes drooped down, covering the sarcasm hidden in his eyes. He had a measure in his heart, such a scene of a mother's kindness and filial piety, to see how she could continue to act.

It has always been like this, Ma Yulian has always been kind to him, and her words are always for his own good, but every word is a trap, don't think he doesn't know, how can he be famous now, gloomy, withdrawn, rigid, stupid, weird-tempered, beating and scolding subordinates, disrespecting brothers and sisters, one after another, which one is not Ma Yulian's self-talk, which is based on his head, and now he has to add a willful huwei , as if he had nothing to gain except filial piety.

"How did you talk to your mother? When your mother is busy with your marriage, you are not only ungrateful, but also contradicting you?" Li Shuzhen looked hostile and felt injustice for her mother.

Li Yaonan sneered, in today's society, Baishan puts filial piety first. If it wasn't for the fact that the original owner was rigid, sour and rotten, and he paid attention to rules and filial piety in everything, Ma Yulian had no chance, and I am afraid he would have been regarded as unfilial by now. He was swept out of the house for the crime, and he really had the reputation of being unfilial, and his life was ruined.

"Shut up, women should be quiet and quiet, act in a lawful manner, do not speak ill of words, be friendly to sisters, respect eldest brother, it is for the sake of women's virtue, sister be careful with words." Li Yaonan shouted angrily, not expecting that a sour scholar would have such benefits , dragged the original owner's blessing, and he was open to the rules and etiquette of the ancients.

"What did you say? It's just because you are such a useless bastard—" Li Shuzhen was furious, and her anger grew even more. She never expected that her second brother, whom she usually despised the most, would call her unvirtuous.

"Shut up!" Ma Yulian looked stern, gave her daughter a stern look, and swept her dark eyes around, she was relieved to find that there were no outsiders, Li Shuzhen didn't understand it didn't mean she didn't understand, if Li Yaonan's words got out today, What does the daughter say about others?

Looking at Li Yaonan coldly, Ma Yulian no longer concealed the maliciousness in her eyes, and said with a stern tone: "Brother Nan is serious, Shuzhen is your sister, no matter what, you are a brother, and you are a good teacher. That's it, how can you be so insulting, how do you let her meet people in the future? Since you are familiar with the sages and sages, you know how to write the word filial piety? If you don't treat your sister today, will you be unfilial to your parents another day?"

"Madam— —" Li Yaonan was heartbroken and looked like the sky was falling, as if Ma Yulian had said something unbelievable, and hurriedly stood up to argue, "How dare you disrespect your parents, because there is no outsider in the house to teach your sister how to In other words, if I get married in the future, my younger sister will still be like this, not to mention the reputation of our Li family, my younger sister's lifelong happiness... ah! That's all... Madam says what you want, Yao Nan will not dare to say more in the future, please ask Madam Punishment." Li Yaonan said the punishment, but stood there motionless, whoever can't act, just depends on who can act well, Ma Yulian will ruin his reputation in the name of being good for you? He just repays the people with the way of the people.

Ma Yulian was so angry that her heart and stomach hurt. She never knew that Li Yaonan was so eloquent, and the words were incomplete, covering half of them and leaving half of them, leaving some suspense. What does it mean to dare not teach her sister, what does it mean to ask She punished, doesn't this indicate that she is not kind?

Ma Yulian quickly calmed down, her eyes flashed away, she stared at Li Yaonan carefully, she always felt that this child was different today, yes, this child is not so gloomy today, between her brows. She was not so depressed, her whole person showed a kind of indifference that looked down on the world. Ma Yulian thought about the reason for his change, but she was relieved. She only thought that Li Yaonan was so aggrieved, so she lost her temper. The child's sudden outburst of resistance was not taken seriously.

Li Yaonan's mind was tense, but he didn't show anything on his face, and he let him look at it generously. The reason why he said nothing today was also a decision after careful consideration. He had no place in this mansion. If he just kept a low profile and forbearance, then What is the difference from before, it will only be suppressed even more so that you can't lift your head up. He was just recovering from a serious illness this time, he vomited blood and fell into a coma.

"You kid, if you don't want to punish you, even if you do something wrong, your mother won't blame it. It's good if you know what you're doing and can correct it." Ma Yulian smiled lightly, her eyes full of tolerance. matter.

Li Yaonan didn't care about this. From the game with his stepmother in his previous life, he knew that everything can't be reasoned with women, because you can't tell them. Several sets of reasons to come.

"What Madam taught is that Yaonan was taught." Li Yaonan did not change his face, bowed and saluted. His mind was never in the inner courtyard of the back house. If Ma Yulian wanted to make a comeback with just a few words, she could fight. Miscalculation.

"If you have anything else to do, just say it. Your body is not good. If you have nothing to do, go back and rest early. You don't have to come over to ask for peace in the next few days." Ma Yulian was a little discouraged. On the cotton, this feeling is not to mention depressing, and even the expression becomes a little sullen.

Li Yaonan smiled lightly, he waited for this sentence, otherwise it would not be in vain to do so much foreshadowing.