Chapter 92

Li Yaonan rested for a night, and went to the yamen to report the next day. He Zhifu was very generous to him and gave him any information he wanted.

From the files of previous years, down to the population and household registration, there are everything. Li Yaonan looked dizzy and was completely speechless to He Zhifu. He really didn't know what to say when he was an official, but it was no wonder that Dali, Ningzhou and other places changed. Several prefects, but Mr. He can be steady, this is also a kind of ability.

Three days passed in a blink of an eye, and Li Yaonan gradually got started on the affairs of the government office. This was also thanks to the cooperation of Mr. He. Tongzhi seemed to have other opinions, but he did not dare to openly express his opposition until he found out the details of Li Yaonan. .

Li Yaonan's life in the yamen was very smooth, but it was much easier than in the Hanlin Academy. If he wanted to be stable, he believed that he would have no problem integrating here, and he could make a lot of money.

In the past few days, he couldn't be too good. He got cramps when he received gifts, and the storeroom for gifts at home was almost too full. It really made him feel what a corrupt official is. Facing the gifts sent by local wealthy households, it is not good to return them. , it's not good to accept it. Although he is not a person who sees money, he is still in a panic when he sees the valuable things in the room. For the first time, he feels that he is actually a country bumpkin who has never seen the world.

After thinking about it, Li Yaonan decided to ask He Zhifu for advice. No matter what He Zhifu was like, since he can serve as the prefect for four consecutive years in Yuxi, he must have his own way of survival.

Li Yaonan never underestimated anyone, especially those in officialdom.

He brought some gifts at random, all of which were silk, embroidery, and some popular gadgets in Beijing that the husband insisted he bring.

Li Yaonan misses his husband very much at this time. There is a big difference between someone taking care of the house and no one taking care of it. Not sleeping well.

When he came to He Mansion, the housekeeper greeted him respectfully. He Zhifu is a person who enjoys a lot. He Mansion is beautifully furnished, with a layout similar to Jiangnan Courtyard. In Changchun, the flowers and trees in the courtyard are very beautiful. Walking in a sea of ​​flowers, you can smell the faint fragrance, which is refreshing.

Li Yaonan secretly guessed that He Zhifu should not be frustrated in his career, so he simply spent his energy on enjoyment. Just thinking about it in my heart, there was a sound of silk and bamboo music in front of me.

The housekeeper was the first to go in to report. After a while, He Zhifu came out with a rather surprised expression, as if he did not expect Li Tongjuan to come to visit. After all, Mr. Li's various performances in the government office all proved that he wanted to work hard. One, running counter to his laid-back prefect.

"Master Li came here today, and he is really full of brilliance. Let's walk around and sit in the room." He Zhifu said with a smile, and quickly calmed down the emotions in his heart.

Li Yaonan asked someone to send the congratulatory gift: "Your Excellency the prefect is very polite, the lower officials take the liberty to visit today, don't disturb the people."

"Whatever Mr. Li said, if you can come, this official is very happy, and I He is an incompetent boy, and I hope Lord Li can give more advice." He Zhifu said with a smile, looking at He Li, his face unconsciously showed a touch of nostalgia: "This is something from the capital, I have not been to Beijing for many years, I don't know. How big is the change?"

"The sages today are wise, everything is fine in Beijing, and the people live and work in peace and contentment." Li Yaonan said, and followed He Zhifu into the house, then the corners of his lips twitched, Mr. He really enjoyed it.

"Haha! Mr. Li laughed." He Zhifu sat leisurely on the chair, surrounded by beautiful women. A beautiful woman danced gracefully in the field of the house. Some of the beauties beside them were stroking the strings, some were holding the pipa, and there was a beautiful woman. With a graceful posture, he sat on the table and played the flute.

Li Yaonan smiled and didn't say anything about it. If he didn't have a husband, he might also be a prodigal son.

"Don't be polite, Mr. Li, Ripple will serve you." He Zhifu pointed at a beautiful woman and smiled, winking at Li Yaonan.

Ripple was the girl who played the qin. Hearing He Zhifu's order, her cheeks were blushing, she looked at Li Yaonan shyly, and Lian Bu gently moved her money forward. The two beauties next to him showed a look of jealousy at the same time. Master Li was young and promising, and who didn't want to go and serve.

Li Yaonan didn't refuse, just let her stand aside to serve tea and water.

Ripple glanced at him aggrievedly, her pupils shone with water, but Li Yaonan turned a blind eye to it, and the woman also did this trick.

He Zhifu was a little unhappy, no matter who was in the mood, someone pretending to be serious next to him would feel unhappy in his heart, and said displeased: "Master Li doesn't like Ripple?" Li

Yaonan smiled lightly: "How come, Miss Ripple is so beautiful. It's just that the subordinate only loves the husband."

"Oh!" He Zhifu suddenly realized and took it for granted. He knew that some people only loved Shuang'er, and he couldn't help this point. No twins, he shook his head regretfully, and was too embarrassed to only care about himself, he waved his hand and let the beauties all go down.

Ripple stomped her feet angrily, but she didn't have much nostalgia for it. She could still compete with women. People only like Shuang'er, so how could she fight, it's a pity that she lost a big fish.

"Master Li is here today, but what's the important thing?" He Zhifu asked sternly. He believed that he would go to the Three Treasures Hall for everything. Regarding Master Li's idea, he neither supported nor opposed it, at most he would only give it to him. Some jobs are convenient, others are not.

"Exactly." Li Yaonan was not pretentious, and said with a smile: "Master He has been entrenched in Yunnan for several years, and many places in the lower ranks are not clear, so I came here specially today, and I hope Master He will give me some advice." "Master

Li has something to say . ." Mr. He smiled and looked kind, don't look at the promise he said, but the meaning of the words did not contain any promise.

Li Yaonan is not surprised by this, since Mr. He can be re-elected as the prefect of Yuxi, even if he behaves incompetently, how can he really be a fool: "I'll tell you the truth, I have received a lot of bribes in recent days, and I don't know how to deal with it. That's why I wanted to ask your lord if there were any conventions in previous years."

He Zhifu was relieved after hearing this, and the smile on his face became more sincere: "Lord Li don't need to worry, you can keep them when they give them gifts, and new officials have to go through this experience when they take office. , just like you went to visit Zhizhou, commonly known as the dock."

Li Yaonan nodded, and then asked, "I'm just here for the first time, what should I worry about?" Mr.

He was a little surprised, and he didn't come to Mr. Li's meeting. Asking him these things, according to reason, he is not very conspicuous as a prefect, and Master Li really looks down on himself.

Mr. He was in a very happy mood. He was very satisfied with Li Yaonan's insight and knowledge. He immediately did not hide it, and pointed out: "There are five famous families in Yuxi. Except for the Yan family, the other four are all local tyrants. It's complicated, you have to remember not to act rashly. In addition, the Yi people also have their own set of rules. In their eyes, the patriarch is bigger than the government. If you can't move, it's better not to move. The Yi people are extremely xenophobic and united internally. The Yi people will not give up."

Li Yaonan frowned: "What if someone commits a crime?" Mr.

He twisted his beard, poured a glass of wine, took a sip, and said indifferently, "Leave it to the Yi clan chief, he will deal with it. ."

Li Yaonan only felt that his head was big, if it is true as Lord He said, what is the majesty of the government?

Mr. He happily sipped the small wine and ate the side dishes. He only thought to himself that when Mr. Li touched a few more bad heads, he would naturally retreat in spite of the difficulties and understand his good words.

Mr. He has two sons and two daughters. He kept Li Yaonan for food that day, and did not let him go back until evening.

Li Yaonan couldn't refuse. He went out of the room and stopped talking about business affairs. Mrs. He liked the gifts he brought, and everyone was happy. Mr. He took a high look at Li Yaonan. Current affairs, know the proportions, know how to advance and retreat, it depends on whether he will make a difference.

Returning home with a depressed mood, Li Yaonan didn't struggle for too long. Seeing that June is coming, Yunnan rice is ripening early, and July harvest is just around the corner, he doesn't have much time to think. Benefiting from the direction and the word for profit, he does not believe that there is no way out.

As long as Yunnan is prosperous, the local residents have a better life, and the country's tax revenue is raised, the rest is left to him. The current situation has already been overridden by the government, and the formal channels will definitely not work.

The next day, Li Yaonan recruited all his guards and asked them to go to various townships and counties to investigate some local conditions. Whether it was the customs or the geographical environment, he would write them all down.

Li Yaonan once again thanked the husband for being well prepared and let him take a lot of guards out, otherwise he might be a bare commander now. , and where to shout moving. It is better to let the yamen know the situation first, and then make plans.

As a result, the yamenli soon discovered that the newly appointed general judge was quiet, and he would wander around every day, or look at the files, chat with people at will, and become extremely leisurely.

Li Yaonan is actually very fortunate. No matter how complicated Yunnan is, at least it is not deeply involved in the capital. This is a barren land in the eyes of Beijing officials. Most of the devolved officials do not have a backstage. better.

The so-called pros and cons, in turn, think about it, Yunnan is far away from the capital, and the news is inconvenient. If He Zhifu knew what he did in Beijing, he would not be so polite to himself. He can rest assured and bold in the boundaries of Yunnan. Pulling the tiger's skin and pulling the banner, the fox fakes the tiger's might!

However, the main thing to do at present is to know ourselves and our enemies. He has always only believed in one sentence, there is no relationship that cannot be destroyed, and there are no loopholes that cannot be found. He does not believe that Yuxi will be an iron plate.