Chapter 44

After three days and three nights of torment, Li Yaonan stepped out of the examination room, looked at the scorching sun in the sky outside, took a deep breath, and finally finished the examination! He felt relaxed both physically and mentally. If it wasn't for the Master Xie Banquet the next day, he would have wanted to go home now. He had never been so desperate for his home, his son, and his husband. .

Dragging his tired body, Li Yaonan went back to the inn and slept hard. Until the day the list was released, he was a little absent-minded, and he just wished he could grow wings and fly back.

It was dinner time again, and Li Yaonan just ordered a few side dishes when Li Yaozong walked in from the door.

Li Yaonan frowned. He really didn't like seeing him, not because he was afraid of Li Yaozong, but because he was bored.

Some people just remember to eat but not to play. As soon as they saw Li Yaonan, Li Yaozong sneered: "Yo! You're so listless, maybe you didn't take the test. Some people let go of their big talk back then. I'll see how you see people."

Li Yaonan didn't care. He felt that this person was boring and annoying, like a fly after a meal.

Li Yaonan ignored him, but some people couldn't see it. Recently, Li Yaonan has gained a lot of fame among the talents in Jiangnan. You are also a scholar, how can you speak so aggressively, I heard that you are brothers, such habits, it is a shame for scholars, you can be worthy of the teacher's teaching."

Li Yaozong was in a hurry, he found that when he saw Li Yaonan, he couldn't hold his breath, Obviously he is the proud son of the family, obviously he is the one who is touted by others, why should he be crushed on his head by this little beast, he feels that Li Yaonan is really his nemesis.

Li Yaonan smiled slightly, ignoring Li Yaozong, and only said to the scholar: "This brother, there is still a table here for the younger brother, do you want to make a table?"

"Okay!"

Li Yaonan has a good reputation among the students. He is self-improvement and hard work. He is a role model for failing the list.

Of course, not everyone likes him, a small number of people have a dark mind, and they just hope that what Li Yaozong said can become a reality. If Li Yaonan falls off the list, the big words he put down that day will be self-defeating, and his reputation will definitely plummet.

But in any case, after thinking about it, until the day the list was released, Li Yaonan was third in high school, instantly breaking many people's hopes, hatred, and admiration. All in all, Li Yaonan has truly become a genius in Jiangnan, and his reputation has also improved. one floor.

Li Yaonan was quite satisfied with this result, and finally had the face to go back to see her husband.

Li Youtuo also passed this time. Besides him, another clan brother also successfully passed the exam as a scholar.

That night, everyone invited each other to drink, and made an appointment not to get drunk or not to return.

The next day, the yamen prepares a thank-you banquet, and everyone who has passed the exam will go there. If you count the time, it is exactly July 24th.

Li Yaonan's heart had already flown back to Yangzhou.

The thank-you banquet was held in the evening. I didn't see Li Yaozong all night, and Li Yaonan almost felt uncomfortable. After asking, I found out that Li Yaozong didn't pass the exam this time, and Li Yaonan was rarely in a happy mood. He can stay a little longer.

However, Li Yaozong stopped, and some people didn't like Li Yaonan. It's just that Li Yaonan's reputation rose too fast, covering up the limelight of many people.

After many investigations, the chief examiner seemed to have a different view on Li Yaonan this time, which made them not jealous, and with the approval of the chief examiner, they could get the quota of endowment students. You can go to the official school to study.

When you enter the official school, you will not only communicate with the children of the official family, but also people who are truly learned, which will help you a lot with your career.

On the spot, people started to attack: "Brother Yaonan looks uneasy, but what's on your mind?"

The words of clear concern were so loud that everyone present could hear them.

As the chief examiner of this children's test, Mr. Yang frowned. The students were uneasy at the thank-you banquet. It was obviously disrespect to the examiner. Even if he liked Li Yaonan, such behavior would make him feel in his heart. A discount on Li Yaonan's impression.

After all, there are so many students in the exam, he is not a must for Li Yaonan, he just wanted to win one or two when he saw that he was quite talented.

Li Yaonan was not hypocritical, admitted it generously, and hurriedly apologized to Lord Yang. At this time, no matter what he said, it was a sophistry. It would be better to be honest about his mistakes, but it made people feel upright.

"It's a student, isn't it, please forgive me." Li Yaonan smiled embarrassedly, paused, and said a little shyly: "The student just gave birth to a son before the exam, and I'm a little worried about it, so..."

Immediately, someone laughed: "It turns out that Brother Yaonan is thinking about his wife and young son."

"Pfft!" Others joked and said with a smile: "Brother Yaonan is so bad, a good man should aim at the Quartet."

"Haha, it's rare to see Brother Yaonan's blushing face. I'm going to see Mrs. Sister-in-law another day to see who is so capable, and has taken down all our eloquent Li Daguan people.

" Laugh without saying a word, do not answer.

Lord Yang's expression softened, and although there was still a little grudge in his heart, he felt excusable.

Zhuang Yingyan disagreed and said: "Brother Yaonan is thinking about it, let's study hard, in order to stand out, how can we have a long relationship with our children."

Lord Yang's expression condensed, Zhuang Yingyan said the truth, too much love between sons and daughters, in other words, he is indecisive, which is not a good material for an official.

Li Yaonan did not argue with him, but said frankly: "My little brother is a father for the first time, and he is inevitably happy in his heart. The so-called self-cultivation, ordering the family, governing the country, and bringing peace to the world. If you can't even take care of the small family, you can't talk about everyone, and you can talk about the society. "

Zhuang Yingyan was blocked by his words, and his face became extremely ugly. He couldn't refute, Li Yaonan's statement was wrong, so how could he be filial to his parents if he didn't care about his home and where he was, then wouldn't he have become a disloyal and unfilial person.

Someone applauded and shouted: "Okay, that's a good word!"

The rest of the people followed suit.

Li Yaonan returned the salute extremely humbly: "Xie Xiongtai second praise." The

Xie Shiban was held very smoothly. Lord Yang did not speak to Li Yaonan afterward. Looking at Li Yaonan's eyes, there was a bit of regret, a bit of entanglement, and a bit of consideration. , I guess I want to think about it for a while. Anyway, after the general test, the candidates don't go back so quickly. Obviously, Zhuang Yingyan's words still left a lot of impression on Mr. Yang. I feel that Li Yaonan is too affectionate with children. If it can be changed, it is impossible to say that he will be a talent in the future. It is always right to be kind to him.

Master Yang has a good idea. He wants to hang on to Li Yaonan for a few days, and then invite him to question him. As long as he is a smart person, he should know how to choose. However, if Li Yaonan is stupid, then there is no need to be a pity, a genius in the world. There are so many, Jiangnan is more talented, and there are many students who want to become his students, why bother to let one go, if it is not for Li Yaonan's red mouth and white teeth, he is indeed a bit smart, and he would not spend it. thought.

Of course, the most important thing is that Li Yaonan has very little background. The more he helps in the snow, the greater the harvest he will get in the future. It is best to completely grasp this person in the palm of your hand. In Master Yang's concept, Li Yaonan is just an empty scholar. But there are no poor scholars in the background. If he leaves the olive branch, Li Yaonan will not be happy, so he has to come and thank him?

In fact, Master Yang's idea is not wrong. As early as a few days ago, Li Yaonan's identity background was clearly inquired in Li Yaozong's revelations. After Li Yaonan's adoption, he has no parents and no brothers. In the eyes of others, he is a lonely and widowed person, very pitiful, and it can be called a difficult situation. After all, it is difficult to support Li Yaonan alone, and there is no one around Li Yaonan to help him. In what year and month, can we wait until the beginning of the day.

A person who is an official is not a bit selfish, and there are always too many connections.

Mr. Yang never thought that Li Yaonan would take the local examination, and he never thought about it. When he sent someone to the inn, the man replied that Li Yaonan took a boat back to Yangzhou the next morning after the teacher thank you banquet.

Mr. Yang was furious at the time. Since Li Yaonan didn't know how to lift up, he would have someone who knew how to lift up. Zhuang Yingyan also caught his eye because of this. He felt that although this young man was a little more thoughtful, it was not a big mistake. This is the kind of person you want.

After being promoted by Mr. Yang, Zhuang Yingyan and the other three were given a place to be a student and a letter of recommendation from an official school.

As for the top talent in the children's examination, Master Yang wanted to take over the group. The problem was that he had to take the township examination and have a famous teacher, so he had no choice but to give up.

There are also a few other scholars with good knowledge. However, they have a tough background, and my father is older than him. If they can't be recruited, they can only use the means of winning, but Li Yaonan has long been forgotten by him in the corner. After all, Li Yaonan is a child. Although the grades are good, they are not outstanding. The most important thing in Jiangnan is talented people. This is only the Suzhou examination room. The township examination will be held in the provincial capital. Mr. Yang never thought that when he saw Li Yaonan again, his identity was already different. Don't.

Mr. Yang regretted that his bowels were blue. He had known this, and on the day of the thanksgiving banquet, he should have attracted Li Yaonan.

Of course, our client didn't know anything about these things. Li Yaonan was sitting on pins and needles now, and the closer he got to Yangzhou, the more excited he became. Even though there was no separation for a long time, he felt as if a long time had passed.

After getting off the boat, I called a carriage and went straight to Li's house.

When I saw the gate of Li's house as before, I suddenly felt a sense of closeness to the nostalgia. All the thoughts in my heart seemed to pour out.

"Master is back." When the servant at the door saw him, he immediately shouted and ran in quickly to report the letter.

Li Yaonan burst into laughter, the moment of emotion just now turned into joy, and he finally arrived home.