Chapter 43

The next two days passed very peacefully. Li Yaozong didn't come to make trouble again. Occasionally, he snorted and looked at him with contempt. He turned around and turned his head away, as if Li Yaonan was some kind of filth.

Li Yaonan felt that it didn't matter, turned a blind eye to his attitude, showed his demeanor very tolerantly, and received a lot of praise instead.

Now Li Yaonan's name is considered a small name among the talents in Jiangnan. Speaking of Li Yaozong's great contribution, he has the opportunity to show it, and he has also made several friends.

Li Yaonan has always been able to tell which is more important and which is more important, so how can he not care about Li Yaozong.

On the third day, when the government released the rankings, the students were all excited and crowded to the gate of the government.

Li Yaonan looked at the crowd of people, smelled the smell of sweat in the air, and immediately retreated, only standing quietly waiting.

Surprise sound, cries came from the front.

I can't stop hearing someone shouting, someone hugging their head and crying, and some people are sad and frustrated.

Li Youtuo had already crowded in front, and Li Yaonan was not worried at all, anyway, he would know the result sooner or later, so why rush for a while, he was very sure of his answer.

"You got hit, got hit, Brother Yaonan, you got hit too." After a while, Li Youtuo ran over sweating profusely.

Li Yaonan smiled and gave him a handkerchief.

Li Youtuo was not polite to him. He wiped away his sweat, and said excitedly, "Congratulations to Brother Yaonan, the thirteenth of high school."

"Ah..." Li Yaonan was actually a little disappointed. I can't be at the top of the list, at least in the top few, but I didn't expect that I was only thirteen. I covered the loss in my heart and asked with a smile, "How about you?"

Li Youtuo touched his head and smiled embarrassedly: "I passed too. This time, there are eight people in the clan who took the test. I passed five, and I am ranked 53rd, hehe."

Li Yaonan patted his shoulder . , encouraged: "Yes, continue to work hard next time, let's try to rank higher."

"Yeah." Li Youtuo nodded heavily, secretly determined in his heart that this time he must take the exam and come back as a scholar.

Not to mention how sad and disappointed Li Yaozong felt when he saw the results, Li Yaonan wrote a letter to report his safety that day, and told Lin Yixuan some interesting stories in Suzhou and some fun in Lifu, which made his husband happy. Li Yaonan always knew very well. , Lin Yixuan is a ruthless man, but only slightly restrained in front of him, this restraint moved him and made him unable to stop!

well! Li Yaonan sighed and touched his chest. He missed his son and his husband a little bit. When they were not separated, he couldn't notice anything. When they separated, he knew what he missed in his heart. Where there is a husband and a child, that is his home. what!

Early the next morning, the prefectural examination began in full swing. Just like in the county examination, students from all over the country gathered at the entrance of the examination room, and they were called by the officials. After checking all the luggage, they could enter.

Seeing Li Yaozong again, Li Yaonan gave him a slight smile. If he remembered correctly, Li Yaozong should have done well in the test this time, although he was only a little worse than him, hehe, it was enough to kill his popularity.

Sure enough, Li Yaozong stared at his eyeballs, but they almost didn't stick out.

Li Yaonan ignored it and stepped into the examination room calmly. This time, he must answer the paper carefully, and he must raise his rank a little more, otherwise it doesn't matter who loses him, he is afraid of losing the name of lay master Qingyang.

Sometimes it is like this. People are too famous, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. The fame of Qingyang layman is too great, so that he is also timid as a nobody.

Now that he is not well-known, if it is announced that the ancient myth is written by him, people will not only believe it, but also think that he has deceived the world and can drown people just by spitting on the core.

People always like to be preconceived, a good book, if it is written by a famous scholar, they will take it for granted, if it is a wild boy who ran out of nowhere, hehe, it is light to be questioned, and even worse, it will be taken for granted. As a street rat.

Reputation is indeed a good thing. For the first time, Li Yaonan truly understood that the importance of reputation is no longer based on the original owner's memory.

After the examiner handed out the test questions, Li Yaonan calmed down, studied the ink well, closed his eyes and pondered for a while, rolled up his sleeves, and then began to answer the paper.

Li Yaonan's expression is solemn and solemn. The words in his writing are like dragons and snakes, and his behavior is like flowing clouds and water. If he hadn't known his background in advance, at first glance, if he didn't know, he would have thought that this was a noble son from a famous family.

The invigilator obviously noticed him, and he nodded his head. Suzhou is only so big. As the chief examiner, how could they not know what happened recently? The imperial examinations depended not only on how well the students wrote, but also how well they did. What is their character? If this person has a bad character, he will pass the exam as a scholar. Without the recommendation of the government, everything will be in vain.

Even if he is well-educated, people and gods are indignant, and he can pass the jinshi examination in one fell swoop, as long as there is a bad review on the file, when an official is dispatched, the officials will consider whether this person is qualified for the job.

In ancient times, it was fashionable to sit in a row, and officials should be cautious and cautious. For someone who has bad reviews, it is not worth it to implicate oneself. Under normal circumstances, as long as a person has a tainted reputation, his career will not go too far, unless otherwise There is an adventure, or someone appreciates it, and then it is possible to turn over.

The invigilator approached Li Yaonan and saw him answering the questions attentively. His writing was vigorous and his writing was astonishing. He instantly took this person in his heart, thinking that if this kid could pass the exam, he might be able to cultivate one or two.

Li Yaonan was completely unaware of this. He concentrated on the answer sheet, thinking about his husband, his infant son, the various faces of the Li family, and the Jingyang Hou Mansion in the capital. He was not reconciled. , for himself, for his husband, and for his son, he has to fight for a breath.

He obviously has very good resources around him, but he is not allowed to use them because of his poor reputation. How can he swallow this breath? Now in Yangzhou, he is only afraid that after he arrives in the capital, his husband and son will be arrested. People look down on it.

That's why he made up his mind that he would achieve good results in this imperial examination no matter what, and it was time to announce the status of Qingyang lay Buddhist to the public.

If a small person cannot have a place in the capital, then Lay Ching Yang can. The ancients always valued literati. With the name of Lay Ching Yang, dignitaries may still not regard him as a scholar. But he will definitely respect him and give him the etiquette he deserves.

As for the examiner's thoughts, Li Yaonan would also thank him for knowing it.

Although he needs to be cultivated, he doesn't need to stand in line. It's okay to have a good relationship with each other. If you want to use the name of the examiner to pull him into which boat, there is no door, and there are twists and turns inside. Li Yaonan's door is very clear.

The three days of the imperial examination were fleeting, and this time, when the results came out, the original thousands of students were brushed down by a few hundred.

There was a lot of crying at the door, even if he saw this scene again, Li Yaonan still felt very uncomfortable.

Except for him this time, there were three people in the Li clan.

Li Youtuo felt very happy, he moved up 12 places, this time ranked 41st.

Li Yaonan was also in a good mood. Although it was a little worse than expected, the fifth place was still passable. The final result still depends on how well he performed in the academy exam.

The students who passed the exam congratulated each other, and the students who failed the exam were saddened.

Li Yaozong also won this time, and his ranking was further down. He was 16th in the county exam and 48th in the prefectural exam. He must have been somewhat affected by his mood these days.

Li Yaonan said that he did not gloat at all, the Li family would only be passers-by in his life, and it was not worth keeping him in mind.

On the other hand, Zhang Dangyuan was quite surprised by him. Zhang Dangyuan actually took the second place in the exam this time, which is indeed a real talent.

Li Yaozong's eyes were red, and he said that it was impossible. He only took the 48th exam. Why did that bitch get the fifth place? Didn't Li Yaonan never win before? Seeing Li Yaonan's high-spirited face, Li Yaozong's heart was like fried oil, and he would never again. Unable to hold back the anger in his heart, he rushed forward and asked, "Are you cheating?"

Li Yaonan curled his lips, thinking that Li Yaozong had learned to be smart, but he looked at him and asked, "What do you think? ?" At the

entrance of the government office, Li Yaozong roared angrily: "You cheated, you must be cheating." He couldn't accept this fact, Li Yaonan had been trampled under his feet for a long time, even if he suffered a loss a few days ago, he still Very proud, his knowledge is the greatest asset he can despise Li Yaonan, but now it has vanished, which makes him feel bad.

Li Yaonan smiled lightly, but did not get angry, but said leisurely: "It seems that this brother can't trust our chief examiner, so please go home, don't roar here, and pollute other people's clarity, The younger brother is not afraid of being white in the first term, but he is only afraid of disturbing the name of the examiner."

Li Yaonan couldn't understand why the Li family didn't learn well, and they didn't even look at where this place was, and they dared to shout like this.

He will not take the initiative to trouble people, but he will not let go of those who trouble him.

Li Yaozong was shocked and immediately reflected that he was also dazzled by anger just now. When he saw someone from the government office, he hurriedly said: "I don't mean that, don't talk nonsense, I'm just a little curious, clan brother several times I didn't pass the imperial examinations, how can I be among the best this time, maybe there is something shameful."

"This clan brother said it was bad, the students naturally studied hard and failed twice, but for me, it is experience, the students have no experience. How embarrassing you feel, I believe that the students who fell out of the list will study hard after returning home. He will be the same as me in the future. A failure is nothing, the most important thing is not to lose confidence. I am confident that this time I will be able to high school. ." Li Yaonan spoke with great pride and was extremely inspiring.

"Okay!" Someone immediately applauded.

"Well said!" Immediately afterwards, someone applauded again, and the students who did not pass the exam also sorted out their expressions at this time, no longer lost their souls, and there seemed to be a bright light in front of them.

It's not that they don't understand what Li Yaonan said, and they also plan to take the exam next time, but if there is no one to encourage them, their thoughts will be their own, and their hearts will always be lacking. Get back your confidence faster.

Li Yaonan once again stepped on Li Yaozong's shoulders and climbed up. Once again, he became famous among the students, and he was also an inspirational role model for others.

The adult at the door smiled after seeing it, turned around and returned to the mansion.

This time, Li Yaonan really stood his ground among the students.

Next, is the college test!