Chapter 50

After the rankings were released, the candidates completely relaxed, the students who failed the rankings went back to their hometowns sadly, and the students in the middle class began to be busy, making friends and banquets, visiting teachers, and drinking together in groups of three or five. If you are on the same list, you must at least have a good relationship with each other. Who knows that person will not jump to the dragon gate in the future, and it is always right to have a good relationship.

Li Yaonan was very busy. Of his several friends, only two failed the exam, and the remaining six were all successful candidates.

This time they met at the natural residence, originally to celebrate, but Sun Ruisi and Qu Junliang were not selected, so everyone changed their names to discuss politics and talk about the current situation.

Of course, the discussion will definitely not involve sensitive topics, and the small talk is only about what happened in the DPRK and China, as well as some situations in various places, as well as some of their own opinions.

This is why Li Yaonan likes to chat with them. Listening to everyone's speech can make up for his own shortcomings. At least for the government, he has a black eye.

Seeing a few friends talking freely, Sun Ruisi and Qu Junliang felt lost in their hearts. They only focused on drinking alcohol all night. Some time ago, they talked loudly about their high-spirited image, as if they were far away from them.

Everyone talked happily, according to their own opinions, talking endlessly, and occasionally arguing loudly, blushing, and after a while, after a few glasses of rice wine, it seemed that nothing had happened.

Li Yaonan likes this atmosphere, full of a kind of vigor that modern people have never had.

Sun Ruisi and Qu Junliang frowned, and several friends raised their heads one after another. The difference in their hearts can be imagined. However, the two also understand that the attitude of their friends at this time is the best for them, and any sympathy and pity at this time will only make people feel that it is an insult.

Still Zhu Haoyan couldn't see it, and frowned: "The two brothers don't have to be like this. They didn't graduate in the ken, and they come again. Why bother to act like this, do the two brothers have no confidence in their own knowledge?"

Sun Ruisi smiled wryly, looking a little melancholy: "I used to have confidence in my own knowledge, but now I have no bottom, alas!"

Li Yaonan's heart moved, and turned to ask: "Brother Sun, what's the problem?"

Sun Ruisi shook his head. , keep your mouth shut.

It was inconvenient for others to ask more questions when they saw him like this. After all, they had a shallow relationship, and their relationship was not that good. What's more, the literati paid attention to privacy, and Sun Ruisi didn't want to say things.

Qu Junliang was silent for a while, barely holding up a smile: "I haven't congratulated a few brothers for being in the middle, the younger brother will return to his hometown soon, I'm afraid I will never have the chance to get together with you again."

Li Mingzhang laughed: "Jun Brother, don't be discouraged, three years later, I will write an inscription for my brother to wait for you in the capital."

Li Yaonan glanced at him in surprise, Li Mingzhang's words revealed a lot of meaning.

Qu Junliang bowed his hands, but there was still an inescapable sadness on his face: "Thanks to the good news from Xiongtai."

Zhu Haoyan said displeasedly: "Don't be sad in the spring and autumn, come, drink, you won't return if you don't get drunk today, after drinking this game Let's see you in the capital in three years."

Qu Junliang was quite surprised: "Brother Zhu plans to go to the capital in three years?"

Zhu Haoyan said nonchalantly, "The teacher asked me to study hard for three years, although I will be able to participate in the exam next year, but There is a big difference between the jinshi and the same jinshi, and the teacher was afraid that my knowledge was not enough and he would be embarrassed, so he asked me to take the test again in three years, so as to try to get high school again."

Qu Junliang understood it instantly, and his mood improved, he took up the glass and drank it all. : "Okay, for what Brother Zhu said, my younger brother will definitely study hard and practice hard when I go back, and strive to see you in Beijing in three years."

"That's right!" Zhu Haoyan also took up the glass and drank it.

Everyone smiled knowingly when they saw that he was speaking generously. No one asked him who his teacher was, and no one inquired about his details. Everyone had a tacit understanding of each other, and they only talked about the world together.

The same is true for Liu Jingye and Min Bowen. They plan to take the exam three years later. This way, they have a better grasp. They need to know that they can only sit at the fourth rank in their lives. They have ideals and revenge, and naturally they are unwilling to be buried.

The gathering of several people this time can be regarded as the last goodbye. Although Li Mingzhang didn't say anything, everyone could hear that he was either originally from the capital or planned to continue participating in the meeting.

Zhou Qian was Li Mingzhang's friend, so they didn't mention their thoughts, and they didn't ask much.

Li Yaonan said frankly that he wants to go to the capital this year.

Lu Zhian also said with a smile that Jinke would try and he must go.

They didn't meet with each other, and they didn't make friends with each other. Except for Zhu Haoyan and others who didn't plan to participate in the exam, Li Mingzhang, Zhou Qian, Lu Zhian, and Li Yaonan, they all knew that whether this friendship could be deepened in the future depends on fate. . Putting aside the identity and family background like this now, I am afraid that it is no longer possible to get together and express one's own opinions. After the gold list is inscribed, the imperial court will assign officials to the jinshi, and there is no pure friendship above the officialdom.

Everyone talked for a while, and the wine was almost finished. They said goodbye to each other, and soon they dispersed.

This kind of plain friendship, after this time, I don't know if we can continue, but everyone seems very satisfied, so that's good.

Li Yaonan was in a good mood. The friends he made with him this time seemed to be smart people, much better than those talents who could only recite poetry. At the reception, a large group of literati moaned painlessly, feeling a little speechless. In that kind of occasion, to be honest, he didn't find anything substantial.

Oh! Of course, Li Yaonan suddenly remembered that he heard that a poem about a child who did a good job was seen by Jinling colleagues and planned to recruit him home to be his son-in-law. The family almost didn't tear his face, and in the end, he gave in to the same knowledge, after all, the first-level official crushed people to death.

On the prefect's side, Huanhuaxi exchanged famous posts for his daughter, and on the other side, he turned around and chose a romantic and talented man for his daughter as her husband, which was a good story.

After hearing about the typical bloody episode, Li Yaonan only felt that the thunder was rolling in the sky. No wonder he found out before the township examination that young students under the age of seventeen were almost likely to be engaged. It turned out that they were waiting here.

But in any case, those things had nothing to do with him, ten days passed in a flash, and under Zhang Qixian's reluctant eyes, Li Yaonan held him mercilessly and got into the carriage for the return journey.

Zhang Qixian frowned, and his handsome face was bulging: "I just made an appointment with my classmate. I will meet you at

Juxianlou this afternoon. You can't let me lose my trust." Li Yaonan said with a blank face and sneered: "You made an appointment yesterday. Huide Building, the day before yesterday made an appointment with the Qunfang Pavilion, where is the appointment tomorrow?"

"An appointment with Yanchun Pavilion tomorrow." Zhang Qixian answered smoothly.

Li Yaonan snorted, cruelly shattering his hopes: "Don't think about it, go back with me obediently, and have an explanation for the second uncle." Zhang Qixian was stunned in

an instant, and he was completely lethargic: "I'm just afraid to see it. He."

Li Yaonan couldn't help but get a little angry, and said angrily: "That's your father— " Zhang Qixian

scratched his head, knowing that he was going too far, and hurriedly said: "I didn't mean that, alas, I was just afraid of his nagging, who would let him You almost didn't take the test, just like my father's temper, my child is definitely not his own, and he will be locked up again when he goes back, and it's hard to be free for a few days."

Li Yaonan laughed angrily: "Do you still care about you? I got bad grades in the test, but I blamed me. If you have the ability, I will try again next year. If you can make the gold list, I guarantee that the second uncle will not bother you again. Zhang Qixian opened his lips to

refute, but after thinking about it, he felt that what he said was reasonable, and sighed: "Didn't you say that it is enough to recruit people in the test, why do you still need to participate in the general test?"

Li Yaonan said calmly: "You haven't been for a day." Zhongjinshi, the second uncle wants his son to become a dragon, and he will definitely discipline him strictly, if you go to another place to be an official like my grandfather in the future, even if you want to let people nag a few words, I am afraid it is impossible. "

"I don't like other people's nagging." Zhang Qixian retorted disdainfully, thought about it, and asked, "You mean the second uncle?"

Li Yaonan nodded, Zhang Qixian's second uncle is his grandfather, and now the family All are in Hunan.

Zhang Qixian pondered for a while, but he didn't know if Li Yaonan had made it through. For the rest of the journey, he didn't make a fuss about going back. Instead, he picked up the book and read it. He urged Li Yaonan to get ready for the Ancient Romance as soon as possible. The next volume of , now that the township examination is over, he is also anxious.

Li Yaonan didn't know whether to laugh or cry. His cousin's temperament really made people wonder what to say. I hope he can go smoothly in the officialdom in the future.

Besides, on Lin Yixuan's side, since Li Yaonan left, he has calmed down and only takes care of the children at home. Every time he looks at the raindrops falling from the sky, he can't help worrying about whether the husband will be freezing and hungry, although he has never I have passed the imperial examinations, but I have heard about the situation of the imperial examinations. My husband has just raised him for a month, and this time I don't know how much he will lose.

Lin Yixuan never felt that the waiting time was so hard, but fortunately, this situation did not last long. In mid-September, the congratulatory gift from the capital arrived, and Mother Lin learned about her son's situation in Beijing, and she didn't need it at all. Lin Yixuan warned that the salesman would not hesitate.

This one, Lin Yixuan, hadn't been busy yet. On the other side, in the early morning of the sixth day of October, the yamen was beating gongs and drums, all the way to Li's house.

Neighbors watched one after another. Unexpectedly, not long after the Li family moved in, there was a master of Juren.

Lin Yixuan was overwhelmed by the unstoppable surprise, and hurriedly asked for a reward, his thoughts were filled with the husband, and he was no longer in the mood to think wildly.

The capital was the place he grew up, it was also the place he hated, and it was the place he had to go in the future.

With the matter in front of him, Lin Yixuan's mind became complicated, and the next step was to rush to the capital!

Lin Yixuan struggled for many days. In fact, he also missed his mother, but thinking about the situation in Beijing and those bad things, he became restless again. Before he could understand, a pleasant voice came from the door of Li's house. He shouted and ran to the main courtyard, "Master Juren is back!"

Lin Yixuan was stunned for a moment, stunned for a moment, suddenly reflected, and ran out of the door quickly.

Li Yaonan stood not far away, thin and dark, but his eyes looked brighter.

"Husband." When Lin Yixuan saw that figure, he couldn't find anything else in his eyes, and the surrounding scenery seemed to lose its color.