Chapter 116

Time flies, and it's spring again.

The battle at the border was about to come to an end. The Dajin army not only drove the Qiang people out of Yunnan, but also drove them out of the border for 500 miles due to the battle between Lian Jinghui and General Zhao Cang.

The Qiang people fought very hard in this battle, and now they can't stop if they want to. No matter how much they regret, it will not help them. Greed makes them more ambitious after the first taste of the sweetness. Victory blinds their eyes. To this day, seeing the Dajin army continue to attack, the Qiang people are shocked and afraid that they can really understand the situation.

Half a month later, the Qiang people handed over the surrender letter, and the imperial court soon sent officials to negotiate peace, signed a series of unequal treaties, paid tribute year after year and worshipped each year, and the war was completely over.

There was a celebration in Yunnan, and the news of our army's great victory spread like a fly to every corner of the Jin Dynasty.

As a general of the Great Jin Dynasty, Lin Zhiyuan also wanted to return to the capital, and at this time, Lin Yixuan was about to give birth.

Mother Lin and Yang Yi were worried. To be honest, they didn't want Lin Zhiyuan to return to Beijing. Life in Yunnan was very stable, and the situation in the capital was unpredictable. Jingyang Houfu was always a thorn in their hearts. Beijing will be harassed in the future.

Lin Yixuan was also worried that this time the eldest brother had made a contribution, and the Jingyang Houfu would easily let it go.

Li Yaonan couldn't bear her husband's troubles, and gave him a bad idea with a smile: "That's not easy. Since ancient times, loyalty and filial piety have been dilemma. Big brother should retreat to advance, and go to the emperor to sue him."

Lin Yixuan's eyebrows moved, his eyes sparkling: "Tell me more about it."

Li Yaonan pointed to his face, leaned in front of the husband, and said cheekily, "What's the benefit?"

Lin Yixuan kissed him, blushing, and said angrily, "The rest will make up for you later."

The smile on Li Yaonan's lips gradually expanded. It's been almost eight years since they got married, and his little husband is still so shy that he can't put it down. He didn't hide it immediately and explained his concerns in detail.

General Zhao Can's mistakes were more than one or two, but the emperor did not deal with them for a long time. Li Yaonan vaguely guessed that the emperor was for the sake of governance, and the Lianjia army was too powerful. This time he made a first contribution in Yunnan. For the Lian family, the emperor is afraid that even sleeping will not be at ease.

The eldest brother was born in Jingyang Hou's mansion, and is in the same family. If the emperor's doubts are not dispelled, there will always be troubles. Li Yaonan has always believed in, stifled all threats in the bud, and gambled on people's hearts with his own future. Stupid things only fools would do.

The big brother takes retreat as the advance, and it happens to kill two birds with one stone. One can get rid of Jingyang Hou's mansion, and the other can leave a name in the emperor's heart. No matter what the big brother will do in the future, at least the emperor will not be too defensive.

Lin Yixuan broke into a cold sweat after hearing this. The husband and wife discussed it one by one, and sent a letter to the eldest brother on the same day, asking him to gather at the mansion.

Lin Zhiyuan was resting in Dali because he wanted to return to the DPRK. When he received a letter from his younger brother, he hurried over, thinking that his younger brother was about to give birth.

They discussed this day for a long time. When Lin Zhiyuan left, his face was heavy. He was more worried than his younger brother. General Lian was his teacher. The relationship between them could not be measured by interests. It's so bad, the current emperor is okay to say, but as for the next emperor, who can guarantee that the next emperor will still tolerate the Lian family's power so much.

Lin Zhiyuan turned around and found Lian Jinghui immediately, the worry in his eyes was full of worry, and after talking about his various worries. I saw Lian Jinghui sneered and looked at him with a half-smile but not a smile. There was no rudeness between his actions, and he joked: "Xiao Linzi has actually grown a heart."

Lin Zhiyuan's face darkened, when did he have no heart.

Lian Jinghui patted him on the shoulder, his eyes darkened: "Don't worry, there will be nothing wrong with Lianjia, and I will never allow Lianjia to have anything to do."

Lin Zhiyuan was stunned for a moment. He was worried about himself. His political consciousness was still not high enough. Otherwise, he would not have let his younger brother marry absurdly, and his mother was forced to divorce. After the mother and Li, life was more relaxed, but what if, if the younger brother did not marry well, the mother and Li had no support, and he was constrained by the Jingyang Houfu everywhere, and he dared not think about the next thing. .

Lian Jinghui looked at him lightly: "You just need to lead the troops to fight, and don't worry about the rest. My brother's plan is good. Your family really has to find a way to get rid of it, and it won't end well if you have both.

" I see." Lin Zhiyuan's expression was indifferent, and there was some enlightenment in his heart. Looking at this familiar senior brother, he didn't seem to have no brains as rumored by the outside world. If he really had no brains, how could he be in a high position? Even his family's way of self-protection was kept in the dark.

People say that the men of the Lian family are rude and the daughters are sturdy. Who knows if this is deliberately made for outsiders to see. It is no wonder that the Lian family has never been a scholar, and even if he married the daughter of a scholar, his children would never follow the path of a scholar. , So that's the case...

Lin Zhiyuan was completely relieved, and he thought about the matter in Beijing secretly. After all, Mr. Lin San was his father, but compared to his mother and cousin, he always had only one choice. Just as his brother said, Anyway, the father's children are not much more than he is, and there is not much less than one of his children.

Lin Zhiyuan quickly made a decision in his heart.

Two days later, the day when the teacher returned to the DPRK came, and Lin Yixuan reluctantly said goodbye.

Lin Zhiyuan smiled and reassured his younger brother that he had his own measure of things in Beijing.

That afternoon, after dinner, Lin Yixuan was about to go for a walk in the garden when a sudden feeling of slumping in his abdomen made his forehead sweat, and he hurriedly held the table.

"Father." Li Xu was the first to discover his condition, his face turned pale with nervousness. The last time his younger brother was born, even though he was still young, he had a particularly deep memory of the panic and fear at that time.

Li Yaonan's heart tightened. He was very familiar with the husband's current situation. After the previous two experiences, he didn't seem so panicked this time. .

Li Xu held his younger brother and followed closely behind his father. He heard screams in the delivery room, and his tender face showed a calmness that did not match his age.

Li Xi is very good, neither noisy nor noisy, this little devil king, as if he knew something, quietly snuggled up beside his brother.

After three hours, the baby's cry was finally heard in the delivery room. Granny Wen's face was a little bad, and she pulled out a stiff smile: "Congratulations, sir, your lord has given birth to a twin."

"Okay! Reward!" Li Yaonan was overjoyed, and rushed into the delivery room in three steps.

The midwife was relieved. She was really afraid that Mr. Li would not like it. She was in the business of delivering babies. She had seen so many things. It was sold. It is indeed rare to like Shuang'er like Master Li.

Li Yaonan was overjoyed and finally waited for the long-awaited Shuang'er. Looking at Shuang'er's small body, her heart softened. From then on, Li Xu and Li Xi had another task of protecting their younger brother.

Lin Yixuan slept until the next day and woke up only to find out that he gave birth to a pair of children, both loving and worried. Not every pair had the same good luck as him. If they don't marry well...

"Why frown?" Li Yaonan asked with a smile, the more he looked at the child, the more he liked it. He gathered all the advantages of him and his husband, and he must grow up beautifully.

"It's okay." Lin Yixuan shook his head, the worry in his eyes dissipated a little, and frowned, "I'm only worried about the future of the child."

Li Yaonan chuckled, and immediately guessed the husband's mind, and said indifferently, "I still If it is a big event, tomorrow I will promulgate a family rule, but the children of the Fanli family can only take concubines if they have no children after the age of 30, and the son-in-law is the same as the brother-in-law."

Lin Yixuan glanced at him and said funny: "How can a child like you get married?"

Li Yaonan raised his eyebrows: "It doesn't matter if you keep him for a lifetime, there will be one more family rule in the future. In addition to the dowry, the daughter and Shuanger will have an estate at birth. , can only be inherited by my own children, I want to ask for my twin son, if I don't have the determination to have one for the rest of my life, I would rather raise him for the rest of my life."

Lin Yixuan's eyes were soft, and his heart was slightly warm, how lucky he was to marry her husband, lovingly and lovingly Looking at the baby next to him: "Okay, let's keep him for the rest of his life." The

husband and wife talked for a while, and named the child Chen. After a while, Lin Yixuan fell asleep.

Li Yaonan is not just talking about family rules. In fact, he has been thinking about it for a long time. If a family wants to have a long history, it will not work without a set of rules and regulations. He cannot control future generations, but he will do his best to create a good family for the family. surroundings.

Lin Zhiyuan returned to Beijing, and the emperor rewarded him for his merits and promoted him to be the third-rank commander.

Li Dusi was also promoted to the commander, and General Wang Can was promoted to the second-rank general soldier. Only General Zhao did not change. However, the emperor's non-reward and no punishment was the best reward for him. General Zhao was in his heart. Understand, what happened before is the past.

Lin Zhiyuan was silent in his heart. Although General Zhao is only a third-rank official, he has a deep foundation in Yunnan. Even if General Wang Shen is promoted to the general soldier, it may take a lot of effort to gain real power. Perhaps this is the emperor's way of balance. .

But no matter how they fight, everything has nothing to do with him, just as the senior brother said, he only needs to keep his duty, and the rest will take care of him.

The only thing that annoys him now is Jingyang Marquis Mansion. As expected by his younger brother, as soon as the news of his merits came, Jingyang Marquis Mansion's dignified attitude was disgusting. Lin Zhiyuan couldn't understand where they came from. Confidence, you will be obedient and be a puppet.

Lin Zhiyuan listened to his father's eloquent talk with a blank face, and thought to himself that when the written memorial was to be presented to the emperor, he had no patience to continue dealing with it. He missed his cousin and his child.

"I don't agree, Yang Yi can be a concubine, but being a wife is simply delusional, eating our food, drinking our food, the Hou family raised him from childhood to adulthood, and even seduced my son, raising him is better than raising a dog. Wolf."

Lin Zhiyuan looked at him lightly, and couldn't help but feel annoyed: "Yang Yi is my husband, my father is careful."

"I don't agree, if I don't have my Lin family tree, I'm not my Lin family's daughter-in-law, the Zhou family girl is very good. , your uncle has already agreed that he will be hired in a few days, you can stay with me in peace, don't imitate your younger brother."

Lin Zhiyuan sneered, knowing that his father was incompetent, and hearing these words from him, I still felt a chill in my heart: "I won't marry, I want to marry you, I'll go first if I have nothing to do."

"Presumptuous, presumptuous, you unfilial son." Master Lin San was furious.

Lin Zhiyuan was too lazy to look at him, and he met his eldest uncle as soon as he went out.

"Zhiyuan, your father is also doing it for your own good. The Zhou family girl is really good. If you really don't want to marry, uncle pushes it for you. Why hurt the relationship between father and son."

"Thank you uncle." Lin Zhiyuan thanked him. There was no trace of emotion on his face.

"You child." The eldest uncle was a little helpless, but also a little spoiled: "Okay, it's up to you, I will ask His Royal Highness to help you agree, don't marry if you don't, but you can't offend others, another day. You go and apologize."

"No." Lin Zhiyuan refused to eat, he threw down the words "floating", and simply turned around and left.

"You..." The eldest uncle suddenly became angry, and stared at his back with hatred, he was indeed an unfilial son.

Lin Zhiyuan raised the corners of his lips mockingly. The uncle's methods were more than a star and a half higher than that of his father. It seemed that he had been deceived in the past.