Chapter 117

Back in his yard, Lin Zhiyuan packed up what was left, and walked out the gate of Jingyang Hou's mansion without any reluctance.

I haven't come back for a few years, but Jingyang Hou's mansion hasn't changed. It's still so prominent and dirty. My father remarried a new wife. The status is stable, and she has now given birth to two sons. Although the fourth sister is the concubine of the sixth prince, she has nothing but a daughter.

The uncle has both the right and the left, with the second and third bedrooms on each side. The prince's love for the seventh sister has fueled his father's arrogance. It's just ridiculous that the situation is clearly in danger.

Lin Zhiyuan's only thought was to take himself out. As for the relationship between the life and death of Jingyang Hou's mansion, he only felt worthless for his mother, and his father remarried a new wife less than a year away. There is no trace of mother and younger brother in the entire Jingyanghou mansion, which is really chilling.

After the early morning on the second day, Lin Zhiyuan asked in the imperial study and respectfully handed over a memorial for his resignation.

The emperor frowned and felt a little unhappy in his heart. Yunnan had won a big victory a few days ago. At this time, he was allowed to resign. What did the soldiers think: "Lin Lin is young and promising, just when he was serving the country, why did he suddenly think Resign?"

"Report to the emperor, the minister's ability is meager, and it is difficult to hold a big post. I ask the emperor's permission." Lin Zhiyuan's face was flushed, and he couldn't learn from Li Yaonan. .

The emperor was not happy in his heart, but he wanted to be right about his performance. The problem was that the situation did not allow it. If there was no suitable answer, it would be difficult to explain to the soldiers. Li Yaonan was right on this point, so he dared to ask his elder brother to hand over a memorial for his resignation.

Lin Zhiyuan didn't even dare to breathe. The first time he came to the imperial study, he was still very nervous. For the sake of his mother and husband, he felt that he had fought hard!

The emperor's expression was indifferent, and he couldn't see any joy or anger: "Lord Lin, go down, I will resign today, I just don't know, Lin Hou will probably not

agree." "Your Majesty." Lin Zhiyuan's expression is sad, his eyes are firm: "Since ancient times In the dilemma of loyalty and filial piety, Wei Chen only wants to disarm and return to the field." The

emperor's expression darkened, and the amount of information in this sentence was too large: "Lord Lin, what does this mean?"

Lin Zhiyuan kept his mouth shut, he could sue the emperor. However, he can't say anything wrong with the Jingyang Marquis Mansion, otherwise he is unfilial and will be accused by thousands of people, and sincerely said: "Your Majesty, Wei Chen's husband and mother have now settled in Yunnan, and Wei Chen just wants to disarm and return to the fields. Stay away from the capital." The

emperor pondered for a while, then suddenly remembered: "You are the eldest brother of the Li Qing family."

Lin Zhiyuan wiped a cold sweat, but he did not expect the emperor to even remember this. Don't be obvious, respectfully said: "Yes!" The emperor's mind changed, and he laughed angrily, and fixedly

stared at him: "The Li Qing family gave you a bad idea?"

Frightened, cold sweat broke out, and he said bravely: "Wei Chen really wants to resign." The

emperor was expressionless: "Then how did I agree to you.

" Over and over, how can the emperor be so fooled? After thinking about it, he said, "Wei ministers only want to go to war, father and the others...Wei ministers are only loyal to

the emperor." The emperor's eyes darkened: "You can speak."

Lin Zhiyuan chose Taking a gamble, he remembered that Li Yaonan once told him that the emperor did not like to be deceived, the way of the emperor and the minister was more sincere, and his eyes gradually became firm: "Wei Chen also told the truth, my brother-in-law once said that we are the emperor's ministers, Just keep your duty."

"It's good to keep your duty." The emperor smiled slowly, but he believed it.

Lin Zhiyuan just breathed a sigh of relief, only to hear the emperor say again: "An Shou's duty is to give you a bad idea. I wanted to promote him as an inspector, but now it's okay."

Lin Zhiyuan was choked for a while, but the emperor was in a bad mood. It's a lot better. Seeing other people feel uncomfortable, he feels at ease. Li Qing's official position should wait for the promotion, but he dares to try to figure out the Sacred Heart, and he really has to teach him a lesson.

"Your Majesty, Shengming." Lin Zhiyuan felt uncomfortable when these words were uttered.

The emperor was happy in his heart, and his attitude became more casual: "Tell me, what's the matter with Jingyang Hou's mansion?"

Lin Zhiyuan was overwhelmed, and his heart was like a storm. He never thought that the emperor was so fond of his brother-in-law. He decided to tell the truth: "My father asked Wei Chen to stop his wife and marry again." The

emperor raised his eyebrows and said lightly, "The matchmaker's words should have been ordered by the parents."

Lin Zhiyuan replied in an orderly manner, "Wei Chen's wife. The mother is the master, and the three mediators and six recruits are included in the mansion. Now that the child is two years old, the father must be filial, and the mother must also be filial. However, the father has a concubine, a stepmother, and now he is about to have a direct son. Mother, Wei Chen can only live up to his father's good intentions."

"What did Li Qing's family teach you?" The emperor asked lightly, which sounded like Li Yaonan's style.

Lin Zhiyuan was silent, feeling a lot of pressure, the emperor seemed to know his brother-in-law very well.

The emperor chuckled lightly. Who else but Li Qing's family could think of such a cunning quibble: "Tell me about the current situation in Yunnan."

"Everything is good in Yunnan, the terraced fields have been fully cultivated, and the commercial tax is currently on the agenda. After the war, some places are now being rebuilt, brother-in-law..." Lin Zhiyuan gritted his teeth and said in a hurry: "Brother-in-law copied the homes of many wealthy businessmen in the governor's lineage, and 30% of the money was turned over to the state treasury, and 50% was used for construction. , and 20% are in the yamen, just in case of emergencies."

The emperor's emotions were very complicated. He believed in Li Yaonan, but he felt very unhappy after being guessed by a courtier. He just remembered the war in Yunnan and the reminder from Li Qing's family before. He felt a little guilty and deeply. He glanced at Lin Zhiyuan: "Okay, you go down, you will take office today, don't worry about other things."

"Thanks the emperor." Lin Zhiyuan was surprised and happy, as long as he reported to the emperor, he could reject the Hou residence in an open and honest manner. , After taking office, everything in the capital has nothing to do with him, and even if there is any disaster in the future, it must not involve him.

The emperor sighed. It is rare that there is a sensible person in the Marquis of Jingyang mansion. In recent years, as the prince has grown up, the courtiers below have become more and more outrageous. After a hundred years, how can he be at ease, the prince... ...

He spoiled the prince like that, and gave him the crown since he was a child. I don't know if it was right or wrong. For the first time, the emperor felt confused.

Forget it, his old bones can still live for a few more years, let's take a look.

The next day, the emperor's decree came down, Lin Zhiyuan did not delay for a moment, and immediately set off to return to Yunnan. When Jingyang Hou's mansion got the news, he had already left the capital for twenty miles, so angry that Mr. Lin San jumped on his feet and scolded Lin Zhiyuan for being unfilial. .

Afterwards, rumors quickly spread in the palace. According to Lin Zhiyuan's words, it was announced that unfilial mother and unfilial father were both unfilial. In order to be filial to his mother, Mr. Lin specially asked the emperor's permission, and since then he has drawn a clear line with Jingyang Houfu.

Lin Zhiyuan's words were not in line with the rules, but they were reasonable, and others couldn't tell what was wrong with him. After all, he was the emperor who begged for filial piety to his mother.

The Duke of Jingyang's mansion fell silent, no matter how resentful they were and how they gritted their teeth, they had no choice but to settle for this dumb guy.

Suddenly, Mr. Lin recalled that since his brother-in-law went to Beijing, the reputation of Jingyang Hou's mansion has been declining, and it seems that nothing good has happened. It is simply a bum.

Even Lin Zhiyuan didn't expect that the emperor would sweep his tail clean for him, and he would have no contact with Jingyang Hou's mansion from now on.

The emperor actually had some considerations in his heart. Lin Zhiyuan was the apprentice of General Lian. This matter had advantages and disadvantages. The emperor wanted to install people in the army of the Lian family. Lin Zhiyuan was the most suitable candidate. As long as he holds Li Yaonan in his hand, he is not afraid that Lin Zhiyuan will not obey.

There is no other way to balance governance than this. The emperor's heart is very clear, and his move is just to follow Lin Zhiyuan's request and cut off his last retreat.

Many people laughed at Lin Zhiyuan for being stupid. However, how could a fish know the joy of a fish? Lin Zhiyuan was very grateful to the emperor for his intentions, and vowed to be devastated.

In any case, the emperor made a profit.

If Li Yaonan knew about this, he would definitely admire it in his heart. The big boss is worthy of being a big boss. The emperor's mental skills are used with perfection. I think he was the same as the big brother at the beginning. He was almost sold by the emperor and was very grateful.

Lin Zhiyuan returned to Yizhou, seeing familiar sights, seeing his son and his husband, and seeing his mother with tears in his eyes. His heart suddenly calmed down. Home is where my heart is at ease. The capital, Yizhou makes him feel warmer, like a real home.

Lin Jinghong was a little recognizable. He hadn't seen his father for more than a year, and he had long since forgotten what his father looked like.

Yang Yi touched his son lightly, pointed at Lin Zhiyuan and said, "This is my father."

Lin Jinghong blinked and tilted his head to think for a while, "Are you a hero?"

Lin Zhiyuan was stunned, not knowing how to answer, He is not Li Yaonan, how can he be so cheeky and boast.

"Pfft." Yang Yi laughed and said happily, "Ninth brother's brat keeps telling Hong'er all day that his father is a great hero who won battles, if you don't admit it, your son won't admit you. "

Lin Zhiyuan picked up his son: "When you grow up, your father will lead you to lead the army to kill the enemy." Lin

Jinghong giggled, raised his chubby hands and clenched his fists: "I want to be a hero too."

."

Yang Yi's eyes were flushed: "Come in, you're tired, go wash up first, the food is ready."

"Thank you." Lin Zhiyuan held his son in one hand and his cousin in the other. .

"Unfortunately and miserable, as long as you can come back safely, I am not at all unhappy."

Mother Lin was displeased, she coughed twice, interrupting their lingering, the son is a typical daughter-in-law forgetting his mother.

Lin Zhiyuan looked embarrassed and hurriedly greeted Mother Lin.

Mother Lin glanced at him, but she wasn't really angry. After this episode just now, the excitement of reuniting after a long absence disappeared a lot, and the tears in her eyes were forced back, and she smiled and said, "Come in, what does it look like to stand at the door? "

Yang Yi pursed his lips and smiled, he and Lin Zhiyuan supported Mother Lin and walked into the house, the whole Lin Mansion became lively because the master returned.

There are two flowers, one on each side.

When Lin Zhiyuan came back, the imperial decree arrived, and Li Yaonan was full of wonder. He thought that this post-war reward for meritorious deeds would definitely have his share. After all, he worked hard and paid a lot this time.

Who knows...

the imperial decree for the reward of merit and deeds came down, but it was not awarded to him.

"Fengtian, the emperor's decree said, I hereby have Li Lin's virtuous and virtuous family, serve the country and the people... Canonized as a three-class gentleman, I will give you a thousand taels of gold, a pair of jade Ruyi, a blue-and-white glazed flower bottle, and nine blue-and-white porcelain. There is a rotary top furnace, a screen for magpies and plums, and twenty dongzhus, all of them!"

"Long live, long live , my

emperor." "Thank you, Your Majesty." Lin Yixuan respectfully followed the imperial decree in the fog.

"Congratulations, Mr. Li." Eunuch Shun smiled and congratulated him. He and Li Yaonan were also old acquaintances.

"Thank you Eunuch Shun, please come in." Li Yaonan quickly became happy, looking at the husband's smiling face, he felt that it was worth more than anything.

Eunuch Shun walked into the room with good deeds and explained the events in Beijing in detail. Although this time he did not share the merits and deeds of Mr. Li, but a discerning person could see that Mr. Li was in the heart of the emperor, and the husband's official life was even higher than his. It is always right to have a good relationship with a high-ranking grade.

Li Yaonan was speechless after hearing this, the elder brother was so useless that even the emperor couldn't be fooled, and sold him completely.

Lin Yixuan snickered and gave her husband an angry look. Do you think everyone is as cunning as you?

Li Yaonan pinched his nose, you are naughty.

The next day, Li Yaonan held a banquet to celebrate, and other officials expressed their incomprehension about this. They had never met an adult, and the husband was happier than his own promotion when he got the appointment.

After returning to Beijing, Eunuch Shun also used the matter to joke with the emperor. Lord Li loved his husband very much, and his reputation was well-deserved.

The emperor shook his head, a little funny in his heart. In fact, he should have expected it a long time ago. The character of Li Qing's family has always been different from others. This time, he did not get a promotion. First, the promotion of Li Qing's family was too fast. It was because he wanted Li Qing's family to return to Beijing as soon as possible. After a few years of training abroad, it was just for him to come back. If he was promoted, the position in Beijing would not be easy to handle. The foundation of Li Qing's family was shallow, and if he was promoted too quickly, there would be no benefit in Beijing. .

Time passed without haste. In the past two years, Li Yaonan has managed Yunnan very well. The commercial tax has been fully implemented in Yunnan, and the money turned over to the national treasury every year can be compared with Jiangnan.

As for the unsightly Lord Huang, he also made him move far away. At that time, Lord Huang cried with excitement. After some encouragement, he recovered himself and vowed to be a good official and show it to Lord Li.

In addition, Li Youxin's future has been arranged by Li Yaonan for a long time, and all obstacles have been cleared for him. No matter whether he is in Yunnan or not in the future, within five years, Li Youxin will not encounter any trouble, and there will be no hidden dangers.

Li Yaonan had a hunch in his heart that his time to return to Beijing was coming.