Chapter 41

The next day was Xiao Baozi's three-day feast. The husband and wife were in Yangzhou City, and apart from Zhang's family, they didn't have any acquaintances or friends.

The Zhang family seemed to know this too. On the third day of washing, except for the uncle, almost all of the Zhang family were present. Mrs. Zhang and several sisters-in-law also brought their family relatives over to support the scene. The third washing was a lively event.

Although Li Yaonan didn't care about this, he still remembered the intentions of the Zhang family.

Last night, after Lin Yixuan woke up, the husband and wife discussed it and decided to name the child Xu, which means the rising sun. The son was born when the sun rose, and the couple were very satisfied.

After lunch, when the auspicious time arrived, the matriarch took Xiao Xuer out.

The incense table has already been neatly arranged, enshrining thirteen statues of gods.

The receiving mama hugged Xiao Xuer and bowed three times, the little baby, pink and toot, no more wrinkles on her face when she was born, and now she can open her eyes, clear eyes, don't say, still Really follow Li Yaonan.

After praying, the maids brought a basin of clear water, and the nanny held Xiao Xuer, took up the water, and gently patted the top of his head: "A dozen smart."

Feeling the coolness of the water, Xiao Xuer Excited, two small paws waved in the air.

The receiving maid patted him again: "Two dozen are smart."

Xiao Xu'er was very curious, pouting her little mouth and making bubbles.

"Three dozen illnesses and pains and disasters are all gone."

Xiao Xu'er waited for a while, seeing that there was no cool feeling on her head, and she couldn't touch anything, her mouth was deflated, and she burst into tears.

"It's good to cry, it's good to cry." Mrs. Zhang said with a smile, and threw a heavy piece of longevity into the water basin.

The ancients all emphasized customs and superstitions. Children must cry on the third day of washing, otherwise it is unlucky.

Li Yaonan sneered at this, but he would not be appreciative. He naturally understood Mrs. Tai's kindness.

It's just that children born in winter take up cold water for three hours of washing, and don't cry. Summer is naturally different. The coolness of water will make children find it interesting, and it is normal to laugh. That kind of unlucky statement is really bad. When you meet a feudal parent, you don't ruin your child.

Then Mrs. Zhang also threw a piece of suet jade into the pot, and then the uncle, cousin, sister-in-law, and some guests who came, in fact, some relatives of Zhang's family, and now they are also in the same family with him. distant relatives.

A woman who is married and has no children wants to take advantage of her luck by holding Xiao Xuer without letting go.

After a small three feasts, Xiao Xuer gained a lot, tired from playing, and fell asleep before the nanny took him back. After all, children are delicate and can't stand the toss. Now it's summer, but in winter, Generally, after the baptism, the child will be taken away to avoid catching a cold.

The three banquets came to a successful conclusion. That night, Li Yaonan and Lin Yixuan said their goodbyes.

Seeing Lin Yixuan's still pale face, to be honest, Li Yaonan was really a little uneasy, pinched Lin Yixuan's cheek, and said solemnly, "In these days when I'm not here, you have to make up for it, and when I come back, I will definitely see you grow a few taels older. Rou, did you hear me?"

"Yeah!" Lin Yixuan nodded, his concern for Li Yaonan was very useful, he stared at him tightly, and asked, "Xu'ermanyue, will you come back?" "Of course

I will." Li Yaonan answered without hesitation. Although most of the candidates will take the rural exam in Suzhou before leaving, but he has a son for the first time in his two life, and Suzhou is not far from Yangzhou. .

Lin Yixuan smiled with satisfaction, he felt that the most correct decision he made in his life was to hold on to the man in front of him.

The husband and wife talked for a while. Lin Yixuan had just given birth. After a while, he became sleepy and his speech became vague.

Li Yaonan quietly looked at the husband and child beside him, his heart seemed to be filled with something, and he only felt that the whole person seemed to be complete.

Early the next morning, Li Yaonan packed up and prepared to leave. Before leaving, he visited the main courtyard. He kissed his son twice, and kissed Xiao Xu'er until she cried.

Li Yaonan laughed, and Lin Yixuan gave him a reproachful look. He felt sorry for his son, and his face turned red from crying.

Li Yaonan handed his son over to the nurse, waved him off, and looked at his husband gently.

In the quiet space, Lin Yixuan was seen to be a little shy, and when he touched his cheek, he suddenly felt a little hot.

Li Yaonan sat beside the bed, wrapped his arms around her husband's shoulders, and said to him seriously, "Wait for me to come back."

"Yeah!" Lin Yixuan's eyes were filled with reluctance, and there was a strong attachment in his eyes.

Li Yaonan leaned down, pressed his lips, kissed him lightly, then stood up very quickly and strode out the door.

Lin Yixuan stroked his lips and was stunned. He didn't regain his senses until Li Yaonan walked away and lost sight of his figure. There was a touch of surprise and sweetness on his face, and the corners of his lips curved up unconsciously. One step further.

Li Yaonan was actually nervous. The first time he kissed a man, he still felt a lot of pressure. After the kiss, he felt the same way. Lin Yixuan's lips were warm and sweet, and it was not uncomfortable. Li Yaonan was relieved and felt that it was the first time. One step is difficult, when you come back, maybe you can try more.

At noon, he set foot on the big boat to Suzhou, and it is rare for a candidate to be slow like him.

There are still many people on the boat today, and he is the only student.

Li Yaonan felt ashamed in his heart, but it was a big deal for the husband to give birth to a child, so what if he delayed a few days, as long as he made it in time, Li Yaonan didn't take it to heart, but he was a little tired of the gossip of the ancients.

Knowing that he was a scholar who was rushing for the exam this year, the guests on the same boat shook their heads, obviously not optimistic about him, and their eyes were always on him.

Li Yaonan simply stayed behind closed doors and reviewed his homework in the cabin. So that someone would come up to talk to him from time to time, with a regretful tone, which would make people tired and panic.

To put it bluntly, Li Yaonan's name is too famous, even he himself does not know when Li Yaonan's name became "famous" in Yangzhou city.

I remember last year, when it was still fine, Li Yaonan was puzzled, but he was too lazy to think about it, it was not a good thing after all. Just listening to other people's pointing, I knew that it was a joke that he had failed the test twice, but this time he came too late, and people looked down on him.

Li Yaonan just wanted to understand, what was the pity in those people's eyes, and the feeling of hating iron for not turning iron into steel? And the obvious schadenfreude on some faces.

But he didn't need to argue. Anyway, as long as the results of the imperial examination came out, he would know the result. Why should he compete at this time? He only made up his mind in his heart that the next time he came to Suzhou, even if he spent more money, he would pay for it. Go on a boat, and don't sit on such a beautiful, but crowded passenger ship.

Li Yaonan was very calm, turning a blind eye to everything around him, reading in the cabin with peace of mind, or sleeping.

When we arrived in Suzhou, it was already the second evening. There was a brother in the clan to greet him at the pier. He was relieved when he saw him, and smiled and greeted him: "Brother Yaonan, you are finally here, the fourth uncle is so anxious that he must have a beard. It's all white, I'm afraid you won't be able to catch up."

Li Yaonan raised his eyebrows, and the corners of his lips curved. He didn't look very handsome: "How come, the fourth uncle's beard has never been darkened.

" He Xi said: "I haven't congratulated Brother Yaonan on his son."

Li Yaonan bowed back, and the smile on his face became more sincere: "You're welcome, let's go back first, we have to enter the examination room tomorrow morning, you have to keep your spirits up first, you I'm afraid I'm tired today."

"No, I've inquired, your boat arrives in the evening, and it didn't take long for you to wait. Dad knows that you have a son, so let me congratulate you, and I will go to celebrate on the full moon day."

" If you dare to be good, Xiaosheng's home will definitely be full of brilliance." The

two came to the inn chatting and laughing, and Li Youtuo had reserved a guest room for him a few days ago.

After settling down, Li Yaonan thanked again.

Li Youyao pretended to be angry: "Brother Yaonan looks down on me, and if you thank me again, you will look like an outsider."

Li Yaonan said with a smile: "That's okay, I'm not welcome to you, but there is no food nearby, I have to go. Get ready."

Li Youtuo was startled: "Brother Yaonan, why isn't it ready yet?"

Li Yaonan let out a haha, but was ashamed to tell him that since he didn't want to leave the cabin, he ate almost half of the food prepared at home. After entering the examination room, it takes three days and three nights, and the rest of the food is definitely not enough.

"There is a restaurant nearby, but I suggest you go buy some pancakes, so that you can be more hungry and save money."

Li Yaonan nodded, the food in summer is easy to go rancid. The second Xiucai, one of them passed the government exam, but unfortunately he didn't pass the academy exam, and now he has to take the exam again.

Ancient scholars, like modern civil servants, also need to be assessed. If they can't pass the test, I'm sorry, you have to pay the tax that you should pay.

After buying some pancakes, Li Yaonan filled several large pots of water and prepared everything. It was already night.

Before leaving, Li Youtuo pointed in the direction of Yangzhou and told Li Yaonan: "The second young master of Li Fu is here too. If you meet, don't be too impulsive."

Li Yaonan's face flashed a clear look, Li Yaozu He and Li Yaozong were carefully cultivated by the Li House. It is not surprising that he came to take part in the scientific examination this time, but when he heard the second young master of the Li House, he felt a little awkward, but then he was relieved. The affairs of the Li House had nothing to do with him. related.

After saying goodbye to Li Youtuo, Li Yaonan went back to the room. Tonight, he has to keep his spirits up so that he can better cope with the next three days of exams tomorrow.

Early the next morning, students from Suzhou City rushed to the examination room.

Looking at the compound surrounded by wooden fences in front of him, Li Yaonan disliked the examination room. He said that the examination room actually raised this place. It was obviously a big shed with tiles covering his head, but he thought that the original owner had already taken the examination twice. Almost everyone in the officialdom has experienced this, and Li Yaonan's heart was balanced, and he just waited patiently.

It didn't take long for his name to be called.

Li Yaonan came forward with the package in his arms, the guards looked over him for inspection, then checked and saluted, and found that there was nothing wrong, so he let him go, and then called the next candidate's name.