Chapter 112

As time passed, the sky turned white, and the sound of the chasing soldiers gradually faded away. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Until now, their hearts are still pounding. Tonight is too exciting. Tension palms sweat.

Back at the entrance of the secret passage, the first thing that greeted them was a few sharp arrows.

The expressions of everyone changed in an instant, and Qi Qi began to be on guard, and some people had red eyes at that time. If the secret passage was occupied, the consequences would be disastrous.

"Stop, it's all my own." Li Yaonan quickly turned around and found that his group was still wearing the enemy's clothes.

Wang Erniu's heart was relieved: "Stop, stop, I'm Wang Erniu."

Only then did the few people hiding in the woods show their bodies, and someone ran up and punched Wang Erniu: "Damn it. , why are you dressed like this, it scares people to death." He almost thought that Captain Yan's sneak attack had failed and the secret passage was discovered.

"Haha." Wang Erniu touched his head, and began to talk about his great achievements, showing how he sneaked into the enemy camp.

The people who listened to it with gusto, they only hated that they couldn't participate in it, especially when they heard the enemy's firelight, their excitement was indescribable, and their eyes gleamed: "Really? Yan Xiaowei really succeeded in the sneak attack?

" Of course, don't even look at who we are."

"It's great, great."

"Finally avenged." "It's a pity I

can't kill a few more people."

"It's a pity I didn't go with Captain Yan. "The

soldiers were crying and laughing, whether it was sadness for those who passed away, or joy for the success of this night attack.

Everyone's mood became heavy unconsciously, and the joy just now was swept away, yes, what if the night attack was successful, it was just a delay, the people who passed away will not come back, and there will be more people in the future forever. Close your eyes, a small victory, what a joy.

Li Yaonan immediately asked, "Are you ready for the wound medicine?" The

soldier nodded: "It's ready, and the stretcher is here."

Li Yaonan was silent for a while, and then ordered: "Go and prepare some dry food, when Captain Yan comes back, what should I do? To save people, it's time to rest, there is still a tough battle to fight today."

"Yes."

The soldiers who stayed behind on the secret road began to work hard, and it didn't take long for the sky to become bright, and the sun shined through the trees between the branches and leaves. After waiting for another hour, Captain Yan led a group of people and finally appeared in their sight.

There used to be a thousand soldiers, but now there are only half of them. Li Yaonan felt uncomfortable and sour. Looking at the prepared stretcher, a feeling of powerlessness came to his heart. None of the men brought back by Captain Yan was seriously injured, so he was seriously injured. Man, where have they gone.

Captain Yan's face was expressionless, only a pair of eyes full of desolation remained: "I tell your lord, the subordinate has completed the task, this sneak attack was successful, and 433 soldiers were sacrificed."

As his voice fell, some people became red at that time. Eyes closed, some people sat on the ground in silence, some choked up, and some howled in grief.

"Ayan, Ayan, obviously can save him, obviously can save him."

"Wuwuwu——"

"I want to take revenge, I must kill all the damn Qiang people."

"Wow——"

"Brother Xiaoqiang is just injured, why don't you come with us, he's never been a drag, isn't—"

"I can carry Xiao Heizi, he's only seventeen years old."

"Aqi's son is only full moon, woo woo Woo- "

"Xiao Shanzi asked me to bring his savings back to his hometown."

Yan Xiaowei remained silent, allowing them to vent their emotions. There was a deep sadness in the air, and the atmosphere became heavy, but where is it now? It's time to relax. The soldiers left behind hurriedly took out the wound medicine and bandaged them one by one. After crying enough, tired, and venting their emotions, the expressions on their faces became firmer, and hatred took root in their hearts.

"Have a good rest." Yan Xiaowei said lightly, without resting for a moment, and immediately discussed with Li Yaonan about the next sneak attack.

There was no extra time to be sad. After the soldiers cried hard, they quickly restrained their emotions, filled their stomachs, and immediately sneaked into the cave at the entrance of the secret passage. They found a place to lie down and sleep at will. They were too tired, and the rest did not dare to. Delayed, hurriedly cleaned up the surroundings, erased the traces on the ground, and surrounded the entrance of the cave with branches and vines.

At noon, Sun Ruisi brought 2,000 people over and saw that Li Yaonan was intact, with a look that was as expected in his eyes.

Yan Xiaowei was taken aback: "What about the city gate?"

Sun Ruisi made a calm gesture and said slowly, "Master Yan, there is no need to worry, the people of Nanquan actively signed up to resist the enemy army, and now 2,000 people have been summoned. Today In the early morning, seeing the red light of the enemy army in the sky, the people were very excited, and they all tried their best to take revenge."

Yan Xiaowei's lips were wriggling, and the emotions in his heart were mixed. He was moved, sighed, and more deeply admired. He and Magistrate Yang could do nothing, but Master Li was able to turn the situation around in an instant, obviously with only 30 people. He went to disturb the enemy camp and returned not only unscathed, but also made the entire enemy chaotic. That gorgeous firework attracted the attention of a large number of enemy troops, otherwise even if he had wings on his back, I am afraid he would not be able to get rid of the tens of thousands of troops. Escape from the camp.

Yan Xiaowei deeply regretted that it was a pity that Mr. Li was not a military general. He planned every step of the way and figured out the enemy's mind very well. If it was him, he would never dare to act like this, but he blatantly infiltrated the enemy's camp.

Li Yaonan didn't stay here for a long time. He relied on Lord Yang in the city. He was afraid that the good layout would be destroyed. With the fireworks as a letter, Li Yaonan quickly returned to the city.

Compared to yesterday's chaotic county town, it seems orderly today. The elderly and women are fighting together. Even if they can't kill the enemy, they can do laundry, cook, and do whatever they can. The streets are lively and lively, talking about yesterday's red event. Guang, Yan Xiaowei and Li Yaonan became heroes in the eyes of the people of Nanquan.

Li Yaonan's heart was very heavy. How could he bear the word "hero"? The 433 soldiers who sacrificed were the real heroes and the martyrs of Nanquan.

Standing on the high city wall, looking at the enemy camp, and seeing that they were not in an attacking posture, Li Yaonan imitated the soldiers and found a corner to rest. He was tired last night, and now he is exhausted.

"Lord Li, you'd better go back and rest.

The enemy will not be able to fight for a while . We are here to watch." I know."

Seeing that he could not be persuaded, the soldiers all quieted down and did not dare to speak loudly for fear of disturbing him.

After squinting for a while, Li Yaonan slept very unsteadily, even in his dreams, it seemed to be bright red, and there were endless shouts of killing in his ears.

Not long after he slept, he was awakened by an angry voice, and opened his eyes suddenly, only to see the soldiers looking out of the city wall angrily.

"I'm going to snatch the body back." "

Shut up, do you want the people to be buried with you?"

"Don't you just look at it like this.

"

When he stood up, his eyes were red with anger like the soldiers, and a monstrous anger surged into his heart. He felt that he had never been so calm before, and the Qiang people really deserved to die. The soldiers who died last night, with their bodies in pieces, were thrown into the open space in front of them by the enemy to demonstrate, and they were beaten at will with whips in their hands.

"How dare they whip the corpse." The soldiers on the city wall burst into tears.

"Ah, I'm going to kill them—" the soldier shouted piercingly.

"Hahahahaha!" The enemy laughed more and more wantonly, and the team of several hundred people beat the corpses even more fiercely.

Li Yaonan's eyes were cold, and he raised his repeated crossbow at the enemy who laughed the most, "Whoosh whoosh!" He shot three arrows in a row. Life.

The enemy's laughter stopped abruptly, looking at the sharp arrow on his chest, full of disbelief, why did he still shoot himself even though he had already escaped? On the ground, dying.

Li Yaonan's actions completely aroused the anger of the enemy, cut off the head of a corpse, and kicked it out majestically.

"Open the city gate." Li Yaonan ordered calmly.

"Sir." The soldiers became anxious. Although they were also very angry, how could the city be preserved if the city gates were opened.

"Sir, no."

"No problem." Li Yaonan's face was gloomy, a dangerous light flashed in his eyes, and there was no warmth in his icy voice: "The enemy wants to provoke us, let us open the city gate, as they wish. Why not, ask someone to prepare the tung oil and sprinkle it all under the city wall. The speed should be fast. Today, you must kill him enough, and if you are skilled, come with me and get the body back."

"Yes, my lord." The

soldiers shouted loudly . In response, they don't know where the confidence came from, as if as long as it is what Master Li said, they can trust them wholeheartedly.

The enemy army was also very surprised: "Oh, really opened the gate of the city."

"It's still a good use of the general's strategy."

"Go back quickly and report that Nanquan's chickens and dogs will not be left today."

"Damn it. How dare you burn our food and grass."

At the same time as the city gate opened, the enemy troops also began to form a team, and the hundreds of enemy troops left behind were ready to kill the enemy.

"Everyone pay attention to cover, and don't let the enemy find clues." Li Yaonan asked everyone to spread out, quietly on the top of the trench, and put up ladders and wooden boards to ensure everyone's passage.

"Kill!" The

soldiers rushed forward frantically. Li Yaonan was unwilling to be left behind. This was his first real battle to kill the enemy, but he had an indescribable joy in his heart. The bright red blood of the enemy stabbed his eyes red. , as if the only way to extinguish the monstrous anger in his heart.

Seeing that the situation was not good, the enemy did not want to fight, and hurriedly retreated.

Li Yaonan ordered not to chase, and only asked everyone to quickly carry the body back. He understood that the enemy's brigade was about to arrive.

As the enemy's horn sounded, the dark crowd gradually approached.

The battlefield is always racing against time, and every minute is lost by a thousand miles. Li Yaonan shouted, "Hurry up." The

soldiers were sweating profusely.

The distance between the enemy was getting closer and closer, and Li Yaonan gave an order: "retreat."

"But—"

"Go, are you dying?"

"The body has not been cleaned up yet."

Li Yaonan said sternly: "This battle is over . I will have a chance in a while, but now, immediately return to me, and those who violate the order will be dealt with according to military law." The

soldiers froze, holding back the grief in their hearts, reluctantly glanced at the corpse on the ground, turned their heads, and ran quickly towards the city wall. , followed by a rain of arrows.

"Hurry up, hurry up." The

situation is extremely urgent, it can be said that it is a close call. The people on the city wall looked terrified, for fear of any accident, this time to open the city gate, it was Master Li's order. The bet can't stand any mishaps.

"Shushuashua!" The dense arrows surrounded them like a net.

"Sir, be careful."

Li Yaonan's pupils shrank suddenly, and he broke out in a cold sweat. For the first time, he felt that death was so close to him.

"Pfft!" A figure stood in front of him.

"Xiao Liang."

Li Yaonan didn't have time to think too much, so he quickly retreated with his people. As long as they passed the ditch in front of them, they would be safe. Another soldier hurried over and carried Xiao Liang on his back, obviously only ten feet or less. The distance, but they feel that they have traveled a long, long time.

After finally returning to the city wall and pulling away the ladder bridge on the trench, the soldiers sighed in relief and quickly retreated into the city. Li Yaonan hurriedly lit the agreed fireworks. He knew that Colonel Yan would always be paying attention.

Sun Ruisi stepped forward and scolded Li Yaonan for a while. God knew that he was almost scared, and a gentleman does not stand under a dangerous wall, doesn't he even understand this truth?

Li Yaonan was terrified, and he still can't calm down until now. He doesn't want to lure the enemy with his own body, but what can he do? Except for Colonel Yan, he can't find any equivalent in Nanquan, which can make the soldiers obedient and fast. The person who analyzes the enemy's situation. He is reluctant to let the child catch the wolf. This time he opened the city gate. If he did not go into battle in person, the soldiers would have deep feelings for the dead. If time was delayed in the action, it would be too late to regret.

Sun Ruisi glared at him fiercely, and he didn't blame him, and the time didn't allow it. The enemy approached quickly, and then there was a scream. The enemy ran too fast and stepped on the ditch, and all of a sudden they turned on their backs.

"Close the city gate, shoot me with all your strength now." Li Yaonan gave an order, and came to the city wall with lightning speed.

"Kill—" The

soldiers kept shooting arrows, killing red eyes.

The trenches could not stop the enemy for too long. The sharpened bamboos penetrated the body of the enemy's forward. The death was tragic. The enemy was so angry that he quickly came up with a solution. .

"Ignition!" With a cold voice, the enemy was thrown into the purgatory of fire.

"Boom!" A ferocious fire snake scurried at the foot of the city wall. The high temperature attacked the enemy's second wave of attacks. Aim and shoot quickly.

This is a protracted war, and they all know in their hearts that the disparity between the strength of the enemy and ours is too great. Under the strong attack of the enemy, this situation will not last long, and the city will be broken sooner or later.

Different from the previous attacks, this time the enemy was ruthless and didn't care about casualties. It seemed that the only purpose was to take Nanquan.

Li Yaonan's body was unconsciously infected with a layer of chilling air. Seeing that the situation was getting worse and worse, a thick smoke of gunpowder rose from the sky of the enemy camp.

Li Yaonan suddenly burst out laughing: "Successful, successful, our reinforcements raided the enemy's den, look, the Qiang camp was raided, kill it—"

Some people didn't know why, they just thought that the reinforcements arrived, and they killed even more excited.

Someone immediately understood and shouted: "The reinforcements are here, the reinforcements are here, let's attack back and forth, we must kill the enemy without leaving a piece of armor."

"Kill!" The

enemy camp was in chaos, and the offensive gradually eased. Another pile of gunpowder smoke rose over the camp, and the enemy generals, startled and angry, hurriedly thumped their drums to withdraw their troops, and did not dare to delay any longer. There is a way to live.

The soldiers shouted excitedly: "The reinforcements are here, the reinforcements are here." The

people danced with joy: "Nanquan has been saved, Nanquan has been saved."

Master Yang was full of puzzlement, and he was not ashamed to ask for advice: "Master Li, where are the reinforcements, and why are you down? Never heard of it."

"Yeah!" Some people were also full of doubts, wasn't the sneak attack by Captain Yan?

Li Yaonan twitched the corners of his lips, and once again had a deep understanding of the rigidity of the ancients, he rolled his eyes at Lord Yang and said, "There is no reinforcement." If they didn't lie that reinforcements had arrived, how would the Qiang people retreat easily, maybe because of the camp. Occupied simply go all out. With reinforcements, it is different. The Qiang people will start to be afraid, and they will not dare to take risks when they do not know the strength of the enemy.

Mr. Yang concluded, he was very ashamed of Mr. Li's contempt, the soldiers and the common people were disappointed, and it turned out that there was no reinforcements.

Li Yaonan comforted: "Don't worry, after this battle, the enemy will have to train for at least two days. I expect the eldest brother's troops to arrive soon."

Hope rose again in the hearts of everyone, and then they began to count the number of people. More than 600 people were sacrificed.

Li Yaonan was silent for a while, and asked them to collect the corpses, which must be buried well. Only at this moment did he realize how much he had taken for granted his previous plans. The battlefield was not a child's play, let alone a place to compete. Fortunately, fortunately He made preparations in advance, and fortunately he did think about the people. Otherwise, he was afraid that he would not be able to get through this psychological barrier, and that so many lives and blood were just for the Governor's selfishness, which was really hateful.

Captain Yan quickly returned with his men and horses. There were more than 2,000 soldiers, and only 1,500 soldiers remained, all of them in rags and wounds.

Li Yaonan couldn't describe his mood, and everyone was silent for a while.

The people of Nanquan were moved to tears, and hurriedly took out the wound medicine to bandage them, and recited their heroic deeds in their mouths.

There were also people who lost their relatives and burst into tears on the spot, but they still firmly thanked the soldiers for protecting their homes, and proudly told everyone that his son (husband) died to protect Nanquan.

The soldier smiled slowly, suddenly feeling that everything was worth it.

Li Yaonan asked them to rest quickly, and then went to see the wounded. He remembered that if Xiao Liang hadn't blocked him, he would not be able to stand safely.