Chapter 22

The words were divided, Li Youxin returned to his hometown in Suzhou, and he and his father closed the door to discuss it that day.

After Li Tai Anzu's entrance examination, the Li clan began to work hard one by one. There are many people who read, but few people who are promising. To put it bluntly, it has nothing to do with their own environment. There is no high starting point, even if reading There are a few people who can really jump through the dragon gate in a lifetime of books.

Faced with these two letters of recommendation, the current patriarch of the Li clan couldn't help but be moved. What their Li family lacked was opportunities. As long as there is a good reading environment, there is no need to worry about not being able to cultivate talented children. Both Guozijian and Mingwei Academy have obvious connections. Only with strong interpersonal relationships can the career go further.

Single-handedly taking the imperial examination, how many people have won the jinshi, but they can only stay in the ninth-rank official position all their lives. Although Li Yaonan's move is only an exchange of interests, it is a timely rain for them. Master, the imperial examination in the coming year, the title of the golden list...

As long as Li Jingxiang thinks about it, his heart will be excited for a while!

It's just...

Li Tai'an is an official after all. Although there is no hope of promotion, the Li family is also very famous in Yangzhou. How could he easily agree to adopt his son.

"Father doesn't need to worry, we just need to use an excuse here, Yaonan will think of a way to get Master Li to agree." Li Youxin understood his father's concerns, although he didn't know what Li Yaonan could do, but it didn't stop him. Understand, Li Yaonan's determination to adopt an imperative.

"Okay, that's the case, let's give Yangzhou a message first, so that Tai'an can be mentally prepared. After Mrs. Li's 50th birthday, we will formally propose the adoption. With this time as a buffer, it depends on whether it is successful or not. Does Li Yaonan's method work?" The

father and son made up their minds on this, and they discussed the successor for a while. The patriarch of the Li clan hurried out the door and didn't come back until evening.

The next morning, something big happened in Lijiazhuang.

The fourth uncle was heartbroken, he was making trouble at the patriarch's house, crying that his poor cousin went early, and there was not even a single person who fell into the basin, and no one offered incense after his death. Pity his nephew and be a good child , Good reading, good learning, but unfortunately not in good health, otherwise there will be another jinshi in Lijiazhuang. Last night, I dreamed of his nephew, and he was so lonely down there.

The fourth uncle was arrogant and unreasonable, and insisted that the patriarch choose a child for his nephew to adopt, otherwise he would be hanged on the big tree at the entrance of Lijiazhuang.

Lijiazhuang, who does not know that the fourth uncle is a scumbag, who will not retreat when he sees it, the nephew of the hell, who has been dead for more than 20 years, whoever has water in his head will adopt the child to him. , not to mention the deceased person, the property belonging to his nephew has long been divided up, and now he wants money but no money, wants land but no land, wants a house but no house, what kind of trouble is the fourth uncle trying to mess with?

The patriarch is in trouble, so let's take it over. There are so many children in the clan, it's not difficult to choose one, but the difficulty is, the fourth uncle said that his nephew is well-educated, so he insisted on picking a child who can read and let his nephew succeed him. It's safe to be on the ground.

I bother! Whose children can read, the elders are not considered treasures, and they are adopted. The fourth uncle thinks beautifully and dreams!

The matter was stalemate, the fourth uncle cried was a listener who was sad and weeping. The white ling in his hand was tossed from time to time, and he often shouted that he was dead. Gen, the fourth uncle is an elder after all, if he really has three strengths and two weaknesses...

The adults in Lijiazhuang hurriedly hid their children who could read, for fear of being favored by the fourth uncle.

Three days later, I don't know who reminded everyone that Li Yaonan's name appeared in everyone's ears. In order not to let their baby suffer, the people of Lijiazhuang were united, and their eyes were bright. They can read and have good knowledge. Li Yaonan is not a ready-made candidate. ?

As a result, the patriarch was forced to helpless. Under the unanimous request of everyone, he had to send a letter to Yangzhou. This was considered to be putting pressure on Li Tai'an. He could only do this if he helped Li Yaonan. The next step is to see Li Tai'an. It was decided that if he was unwilling, even if he was the patriarch of the Li clan, he couldn't force him to not.

But it was said that in Yangzhou, on the 50th birthday of the old lady, Ma Yulian was in trouble. The birthday banquet, the banquet, the congratulations, and the items needed for the birthday, which one did not require money, and the old lady would definitely not be satisfied.

As the niece of the old lady, she knows the heart of the old lady best. The old lady is stingy and likes to be luxurious. Go, what an immortal thing, only one son is still on guard, guarding the money and bringing it to the coffin.

Ma Yulian is full of grievances, but she has nothing to do. In this mansion, she still relies on the old lady a lot, and she can only endure everything, but when she thinks about her birthday and the money flowing out of Bai Huahua, she feels distressed. Even if he didn't get married, Yaozong would also say that he was married. One by one, which one didn't require a lot of money.

Ma Yulian thought about it, her eyes fixed on Lin Yixuan, she knew that these two were hard bones, but if a word of filial piety was pressed on them, would they dare not obey?

On the same day, Ma Yulian came to Lin Yixuan, and said in a pleasant color: "The second family, the eldest daughter-in-law is in Beijing, I can only rely on you in this mansion, I am old, and the housekeeper can't do anything, the old lady's 50th birthday , you have to use more snacks, I will leave the power in the mansion to you."

Lin Yixuan was vigilant and declined: "Yixuan has just come to the Li mansion and is not familiar with all things, please forgive me, Yixuan is really difficult to handle. This is a heavy responsibility."

Ma Yulian chuckled lightly: "Look at what you said, I also came from my daughter-in-law, and I will learn it slowly. You came from a big family in Beijing, can I still trust you?"

"This......"

Lin Yixuan pushed and refused several times, but Ma Yulian insisted. As the husband of the Li family, his wife gave the housekeeper power to be valued. If he didn't know how to praise, he would be unfilial. If he had to, Lin Yixuan could only take over this drudgery. .

Ma Yulian played the abacus well, and the power was indeed delegated, but the key to the warehouse was not handed in, and the accountant was unable to pay the money. If Lin Yixuan wanted to hold a birthday banquet, he had to pay for it himself.

Li Yaonan was full of anger when he heard the news, and before he could come up with a countermeasure, he saw his husband make a drastic move.

Lin Yixuan's method is very simple, credit, since Ma Yulian is uneasy and kind, don't blame him for being rude.

In general, the big family, who buys things is not the accountant to pay the bill, he just needs to tell the shop and let them come back to the Lifu to pay the money at the end of the month, the birthday banquet can be held beautifully, and Ma Yulian can't make mistakes. Is she still Can you shout loudly that her idea of ​​​​making a dowry for her daughter-in-law is not successful?

As for the warehouse, it's even simpler. For the sake of face and to show her virtue, Ma Yulian will definitely not spread her thoughts out. Without giving Lin Yixuan the key to the warehouse, only her confidant will know that Lin Yixuan only needs to take it quietly. The next person will block the news again, and when others see him go to the warehouse, they will only take the order of the lady, and will not feel that there is anything wrong.

Even if the news can only be blocked for one day, it is enough for Lin Yixuan.

Half of the good things in the warehouse were used for the old lady's birthday banquet.

Ma Yulian was kept in the dark. Seeing that Lin Yixuan was doing things seriously, and the merchants were sending things to the house, she was very happy, and her attitude towards Lin Yixuan became contemptuous, hum, sample, and fight with her, as long as she ignores it. Shi Xiaoji, Lin Yixuan still obediently took out the dowry to fill it.

Therefore, after Ma Yulian received the letter from Suzhou, she just glanced at it and threw it aside. With Lin Yixuan as a golden mountain, how could she let Li Yaonan take over, and what about the old family members, she really took herself as her business. The most promising of the Li family, but this one is the master.

It's a pity that Ma Yulian was happy for only two days. From the chat of the maids, a thunderbolt came down from the blue, and she was immediately dizzy and dizzy with anger, and a mouthful of old blood blocked her throat.

At this time, she didn't know that Lin Yixuan didn't even pay a cent to buy things. She only heard the maid say that Lin Yixuan went to the warehouse yesterday. This is the dowry she prepared for her daughter...

How could Lin Yixuan go to the warehouse, who gave him the right to take things in the warehouse!

Ma Yulian was trembling with anger, her face was terrifyingly gloomy, and her fierce eyes were like knives, and Lin Yixuan was immediately heard.

Lin Yixuan's face was innocent, wasn't the power given by his wife? You asked me to hold a birthday banquet, and it is natural for me to go to the warehouse. Don't you want to honor the old lady, and don't want to give the old lady a decent 50th birthday?

With a big hat pressed down, what can Ma Yulian say? If eyes can kill people, Lin Yixuan would have been smashed to pieces by now.

Ma Yulian was extremely helpless, so she had to change the topic and sternly asked Lin Yixuan why she took down her confidant.

Lin Yixuan was very calm and persuaded Ma Yulian very kindly. This mammy is not a thing, she is not a thing, she has lost all the keys to her master's warehouse, and hitting her 20 big boards is light. When he got down, he lost all the keys to the warehouse, and the warehouse was definitely not safe, so he decided to smash the door of the warehouse. If the lady wanted to punish him, he had nothing to say, but he firmly didn't think he was wrong.

Ma Yulian became angry that day. He wanted to punish Lin Yixuan, point at his nose and scold him for being unfilial. , the old lady's birthday banquet is indeed decent, and her decency is like a knife, and the blood is not stop.

Li Yaonan witnessed this house fight with his own eyes and was stunned. He only felt that his husband was so mighty, which made him feel unbearable.

Lin Yixuan has already done a great job, and Li Yaonan is not far behind. He wants to adopt a straightforward way to go out. Adopt him out.

Three days before the old lady's 50th birthday, Li Yaozong came back from school, Li Yaonan sneered, there was no time for his brother's new wedding, and the old lady rushed back after her birthday. Li Yaozong should be too obvious.

The elder brother taught his younger brother a lesson. Li Yaozong always disliked Li Yaonan, and it was common to find fault. Knowing that his mother was stunned by Lin Yixuan, Li Yaozong blocked Li Yaonan's way and insulted him. He did not expect that Li Yaonan was no longer him. The person who used to know.

Li Yaonan was waiting for this opportunity. After training his body for half a month, he wanted to try his skills for a long time. When Li Yaonan jumped up, he was beaten hard. As a serious scholar, Li Yaozong was his opponent. He looked at Li Yaonan in horror. It seemed that he couldn't believe it, that this usually timid older brother dared to attack him.

After hitting the top of the Li family, the matter became a big one, but Li Yaozong was disrespectful first, and the elder brother taught his younger brother. No one can say that Li Yaonan is wrong, he will only blame him for being too strict.

In the end, although Li Yaonan was punished by Li Tai'an to go to the ancestral hall, Li Yaozong didn't get any favors.

The distressed old lady and Ma Yulian wiped away their tears, and felt uneasy in their hearts. What if they left such a filthy person at home, what would they do if their best friend suffered again?

At this time, they hadn't thought about adoption, after all, adoption was usually done by a family without children or by a poor family.

The letter from the patriarch was to adopt Li Yaonan to a dead person. The Li family was a big family in Yangzhou, so how could they afford to lose this person.

If it can't be adopted, then split up the family. Ma Yulian thought about it, just split the two unsightly guys out, as long as she still occupies the status of the elders, and deal with them in Japan, the new hatred and the old hatred will be added together, and she will go back without revenge. Can't take this breath.

It's just that before she could make up her mind, Nails came to spread the word. Li Yaonan and his new husband were looking forward to splitting up the family. Since ancient times, when the family split up, the direct son accounted for 90% of the family business, the concubine 10%, and the Li family. There is no concubine, but Li Yaonan, as the first wife's direct son, can divide 40% of the family property.

Ma Yulian was very depressed, not to mention 40%, she didn't want to take advantage of Li Yaonan even 10%.

It's just that if you don't split up, you can only adopt it. Thinking of the adoption, Ma Yulian took out the letter written by the patriarch and read it carefully. After reading it, her mind immediately opened up. The blessings of the Li family are just so-called momentary and momentary. To put it another way, the Li family is kind-hearted and generous, and they agreed only after they could not stand the clan's request. They also hoped for the good of the clan's family, and they took pains to send the children who love to read. Adoption out, there is nothing to be ashamed of.

Ma Yulian blew the pillow wind with Li Tai'an that night.

As soon as the two of them make up their minds and discuss with the old lady, the matter of Li Yaonan's adoption will be finalized.

Adoption, first of all, I will go to my hometown to read the genealogy. When these two little beasts come back from the genealogy, they are no longer from the Li family. They still want to enter the door of the Li family, and they want to get the things of the Li family. Is it possible? Withholding Lin Yixuan's dowry seemed logical.

This plan is very good! The

three masters of the Loei Mansion kept silent and only waited for the arrival of the old family members.

On the day of the old lady's birthday, the house was full of friends. Although she was dissatisfied with Lin Yixuan's use of the things in the warehouse, the old lady also had to praise it. This was the biggest birthday banquet she had ever had in her life.

crap, can you? Not to mention that Lin Yixuan credited 50,000 taels on credit. There are so many good things in the warehouse, and the specifications are also organized according to the birthday banquet of the elders of the Hou residence. If the scene is not grand, I will be sorry for his thoughts. I wanted to see the faces of the Li family when the merchants came to ask for the account.

However, maybe he had already left the Li Mansion at that time and could not see this wonderful scene. With the convenience of the housekeeper, it was more convenient for him to change his dowry and leave the Mansion. Goods, I'm afraid it will take a long time for the Li family to find out that Lin Yixuan has slapped the Li family hard this time.

Li Yaonan was in a good mood. He felt that this buddy of the Lin family was so bad, but he liked it.