Chapter 113

In the next two days, Li Yaonan fulfilled his promise and took Zhang Xiaozhou and others to study the military book.

At noon on the third day, Lin Zhiyuan's troops arrived late, the people in Nanquan cheered with joy, and some wept with excitement.

"Big brother!" Li Yaonan took the lead to greet him.

Lin Zhiyuan got off his horse, pointed to the two armored soldiers behind him, and introduced, "These two are General Wang Can and Li Dusi."

"I have seen two adults." Li Yaonan bowed and saluted. Wei followed closely: "I have seen three adults."

After a few chats, Li Yaonan quickly told them about the current situation in Nanquan. Repel, but the lie will definitely be exposed, the reason why there is no action, he suspects that the enemy's successor is coming.

General Wang Shen's face was not good, but he didn't expect that the enemy still had troops.

Lin Zhiyuan seemed to understand what he was thinking, and said lightly: "The Southeast Army will arrive later. I have communicated with my senior brother a few days ago, so don't worry, sir." General

Wang Shen's expression softened, and he said in a high-sounding manner, "What did Lin Dusi say? This official is a soldier of the imperial court, and I will do everything in my power to save the people of Nanquan."

After a lot of benevolent and righteous words, Li Yaonan lowered his eyes slightly, and carefully observed their expressions from the corner of his eyes.

Lin Zhiyuan didn't take it seriously. It was not easy to coax General Wang Can, otherwise he wouldn't have been delayed for so long. He smiled and flattered: "My lord is righteous, and the lower officials admire it."

Li Dusi said calmly. : "Although we didn't bring many troops, the last commander thought we would be able to resist until reinforcements arrived."

General Wang Cang laughed, adding a bit of confidence in his heart: "What Li Dusi said is very true." Li

Yaonan's mind turned a few corners, and his heart was vaguely clear. Li Dusi should have come voluntarily, while General Wang Cang was arrested . Big brother cheating.

However, no matter what he thought in his heart, since he came to Nanquan, General Wang Shen would have no way to retreat. Otherwise, the Governor would definitely not be able to explain it, so he could only go one way to the dark.

Li Yaonan curled the corners of his lips, a person would have selfishness, he didn't believe that Wang Cang didn't want to climb up, otherwise he would be easily turned against by his greed for life and fear of death.

Lin Zhiyuan didn't change his face. After a few conversations, he asked to go to the city wall to see. Now that the enemy's successors have not yet arrived, they may be able to take the initiative to attack.

General Wang pondered for a moment and agreed with his proposal.

Li Dusi is naturally meaningless, seeking wealth and wealth at risk. Before the reinforcements arrived, if there was nothing for them, wouldn't it mean that they offended the Governor and did not get any benefits? He was amazed at Lin Dusi's brother-in-law. He didn't expect that this man could save Nanquan's crisis by himself. He is indeed a talent.

"Master Li, please." Li Dusi said with a smile, the generals and the military attache are not involved, Li Yaonan can't stand in their way, smart people will only make good friends, presumably this time the situation in Yunnan is introduced to the imperial front, Master Li will definitely have a bad future. Limited.

"How many adults please?" Li Yaonan walked in front to show them the way. After reaching the city wall, he saw the deep trenches and the traces of the war. Lin Zhiyuan only sighed in his heart that his younger brother really married the right person. Look, if you change any of the court generals, I'm afraid it won't do better than your brother-in-law.

After a few discussions, Li Yaonan quickly decided on an attack strategy. Li Yaonan breathed a sigh of relief and resigned to the second line. After all, this is also his intention in the letter to ask the eldest brother to bring more troops.

There are too few soldiers under Lin Zhiyuan to keep Nanquan. The second is that they shot the first bird. The Governor did not order them, but they brought soldiers here. Although they have made merits, their disobedience to the military order is a real fact, and I can't see it now. The drawbacks will be revealed after a few years, and no one in the upper ranks will like generals who make their own decisions. This is a taboo when deploying troops. Wang Shen will serve as the top of the elder brother and Li Dusi, and he has decided this black pot.

Li Yaonan has no guilt about this, and has two plans in hand. If Wang Cang is not greedy for merit, he will smooth out the drawbacks of the matter. However, from the current situation, it seems that it is impossible, just save him a moment. Fan things.

Lin Zhiyuan told him in private that if it wasn't for the sake of drawing more troops, he would have arrived at this time. General Wang Cang and Li Dusi were both elites, so he could do it according to his own weight.

Li Yaonan smiled lightly. He is not against smart people seeking profit for themselves. He is one of them. General Wang Cang and Li Dusi can come to the rescue this time. With the emperor's award, everyone can be regarded as mutually beneficial and reciprocal. It's just a cleanup. If it's worth it, continue it. If it's not worth it, he doesn't owe others anything.

At night, when the army had had enough rest, General Wang Can, Li Dusi, and Lin Zhiyuan took advantage of the darkness and led 30,000 horsemen to divide into three routes and headed to the enemy camp through the secret road.

Li Yaonan guarded the city with peace of mind, always paying attention to the movements of the enemy. At dawn, the screams of killing were loud in the place where the enemy was camping, and there were blazing fires everywhere. The soldiers on the city wall were so excited that they only hated that they could not kill themselves enemy.

The enemy general was shocked. He didn't expect Nanquan to have reinforcements. Si Yan regretted it in his heart. Nanquan was not equal to Fengshan. Will come to grips with.

Lin Zhiyuan and others bluffed, deliberately surrounded the enemy, and attacked from three directions.

Si Yan didn't dare to fight, he only felt that he was surrounded by enemy troops from all directions, and he hurriedly ordered to retreat. He didn't know how many reinforcements Dajin had come in total.

The enemy retreated very quickly, and Si Yan hated in his heart, but he had already missed it once. Li Yaonan led a night attack, and opened the city to lure the enemy the next day, causing him to lose tens of thousands of hands. Now he does not dare to make any mistakes. .

With an order from General Wang Can, he set fire to the enemy camp, and the fire was raging in the sky. Looking at the flag of our army's victory, cheers came from up and down the city of Nanquan.

The army quickly gathered up the formation and headed back to the city. This time, the victory of the enemy's victory was reported. After several letters for help, there was no news from the Governor's Palace, so he had no choice but to ask other generals for help.

General Wang Cang is very satisfied. With this victory, even if the Southeast Army arrives, his military merits are also fixed on the iron plate. As long as Nanquan is protected from being breached for a period of time in the future, promotion will definitely not be a problem.

Li Dusi is in a good mood, and he is very fortunate that he has a good relationship with Lin Zhiyuan. He is a good brother, and he has enough loyalty. He did not forget to pull himself when he was promoted and made a fortune. This time he came to the rescue. Friendship, who dares to do things that disobey military orders. Of course, with the exception of General Wang Shen, he would never remind him of this, that he and Lin Zhiyuan had the same mind and needed a shield.

The three of them have their own plans, but on the surface they look harmonious. Lin Zhiyuan knew in his heart that he belonged to the Southeast Army's lineage. If the limelight was too great, what awaited him might not be his achievements, but the emperor's jealousy. .

The victory this time, the whole of Nanquan was full of joy. Only the magistrate Yang had a sad face. Nanquan's grain and grassland could have lasted for half a month. Now there are 30,000 troops and no supplies from the court. What can I do.

Just when he was worried, the first batch of food and grass sent by Lin Yixuan arrived. All the items were complete, and there were three hundred ten arrows in a row.

Yang county magistrate was grateful and shouted Li Yaonan benevolent and righteous.

Yan Xiaowei was moved in his heart, if there was no food and grass, the situation in Nanquan would be even worse.

Lin Zhiyuan raised his eyebrows, feeling relieved that his younger brother was sensible.

However, General Wang Cang and Li Dusi were lamenting that Mr. Li married a good man. No matter what Li Yaonan's intention was, he was able to raise food and grass with his own pockets. This move is worthy of admiration.

Li Yaonan smiled slightly, and when he heard the praise from others, he was very proud, and the little husband gave him a long face.

"This is..." General Wang Shen was puzzled, looking at the ten arrows in the car, a look of inquiry flashed in his eyes.

"The repeating crossbow invented by the eldest brother is not bad. Fortunately, I have the blueprint. The husband just ordered someone to build it, and he immediately sent it." Li Yaonan replied with a smile, and his attitude was so open that no one had any doubts.

"Oh?" Wang Can's eyes flashed.

Li Yaonan didn't say a word, but the crossbow was just built to rescue the people of Nanquan. Don't think about putting the big hat on his head. His actions have always been upright and moral. highest point.

Wang Can will pick up the repeated crossbow and play with it for a while, then ponder: "It seems to be a little different."

Li Yaonan heard the husband mention it before. It was invented by the big brother, and the tricks in it are self-evident. Such a big handle, I hope Wang Shen will not let him down, he said with a smile: "That's natural, this kind of repeated crossbow ten arrows is more practical than the three arrows repeated crossbow, eldest brother just drew the blueprint. , let the lower official take it, originally wanted to use it for hunting, who knows..."

"Haha." Wang Cang smiled. Believe it or not, Li Yaonan couldn't find anything wrong with this statement.

Wang Cang glanced at Lin Zhiyuan with a smile, and said with sincerity, "I didn't expect Lin Dusi to have such ability."

Lin Zhiyuan's eyes drooped, and he said modestly, "Your Excellency deserves the prize."