Chapter 95

Li Yaonan strolled around the market again, buying some extremely cheap mountain goods, and finally set his goal at Qili Village, intending to go over there to take a look.

"Master!" Zhang Cheng hesitated before speaking.

Li Yaonan raised his eyebrows: "If you have something to say, say it."

"The road to Qilizhai Mountain is difficult, and it may be inconvenient to ride a horse."

Li Yaonan nodded, expressing his understanding: "Let's go ahead first, we can't go on foot before riding a horse."

Zhang Cheng With a frowning face: "It's nothing to be small, it's just walking on foot, it will take at least two hours, I'm afraid that the master will not be able to endure it."

Li Yaonan was silent, did not think for too long, and said lightly: "Let's go and have a look." In this situation, he would never understand the difficulties of the mountain people. A hundred-year-old ginseng was sold for only 22 taels of silver, and a tiger skin was only sold for 10 taels. There are treasures everywhere in Yunnan, so why is it still so poor, since he planned to To improve the lives of mountain people, we must first understand the local environment.

Zhang Cheng's persuasion was fruitless, and he hesitated for a moment: "

Master, wait a moment, I'll go buy some things." Li Yaonan nodded in agreement. After a while, when Zhang Cheng came back, he had some herbs, plasters, and a few more in his hands. Pair of shoes and straw hat.

"You are..." Li Yaonan looked at him in surprise.

Zhang Cheng picked up his things and smiled: "It's a hot day, the master is going to go, I'm afraid you won't be able to walk the mountain road with your shoes."

Li Yaonan chuckled, and immediately changed his shoes and put on a straw hat, he's not that kind of person A person who does not listen to advice is not a person who can endure hardship.

A group of people rode on horses. It didn't take long for the narrow mountain road to become a steep mountain. A road that was two people wide wound up the mountain, with cliffs on one side and rocks on the other. Just looking at it made me feel dizzy. .

Seeing his master's expression, Zhang Cheng grinned. He was determined not to admit that he was gloating. He explained, "Qili Village is named after the journey. If you go along the mountain road for about seven miles, you will arrive at the village."

Li Yaonan frowned, got off his horse, and went around . After taking a look, I have a little understanding in my heart, why the mountain people are so poor, there is a saying in modern times, if you want to be rich, you must build a road first. The mountain road is difficult here, and it is not easy for the mountain people to go to the market, and they all rely on their own backs. Go, how many things can be sold. What's more, the market is not every day, the mountain people don't have much time, they just try to sell things quickly, the price naturally can't go up, only some vendors are cheaper, and the resale is a big price.

"Go and have a look." Li Yaonan was very ruthless, and finally decided to go. Only one young servant was left, and let him take the horse back to the town first.

The weather in June was very hot, and the sun was burning hot on people's bodies. Within two miles of walking, Li Yaonan was too hot, and the soles of his feet were aching. Fortunately, Zhang Cheng had the foresight and prepared shoes and straw hats in advance.

"Master, take a sip of water." Wang Dayong handed over the kettle.

Li Yaonan took the kettle, drank more than half of it, and then drenched the water on his body, which made him feel more comfortable.

"Hey! Master, do you see?" Wang Dayong pointed to not far away, two mountain people were moving fast, Li Yaonan was ashamed compared to his own speed.

"Hey, where are you going?" The girl greeted them from a distance when they saw them.

"We're going to Qili Village." Li Yaonan took a closer look. It turned out that he was an acquaintance. He just bought two pieces of fur from them not long ago.

"Which one are you looking for? We have no wealthy relatives in our stockade." The girl was shrewd and capable. As they spoke, the two gradually approached and soon came to them.

Li Yaonan smiled: "I heard that there are a lot of goods in the stockade. I want to go and see. The husband is pregnant. I plan to buy something to make up for him."

Hearing him talk about the pregnant husband, the girl became a little more friendly, and she waved her hand and said, "You better not go, the mountain road is difficult, just you few." The girl looked at them up and down, and said with disgust: "Weak Like a chicken, the boar can't be lifted, so hurry back, what do you need, tomorrow I'll let Brother Zhuzi send you down the mountain."

Li Yaonan fell down, the wind was messy for a while, weak chicken, he actually became weak Chicken up.

"Pear flower!" The man hurriedly reprimanded, looking at them apologetically: "Pear flower is outspoken, don't take it to heart."

Li Yaonan has a strong ability to withstand pressure, and quickly regained his composure, and said with a smile: "It's okay, they're gone. Halfway through the journey, I'm not willing to go back, if you don't dislike it, how about we all go together?"

"Is there any land at home... uuuuu..." The

man hurriedly covered her mouth and said enthusiastically, "I'll show you the way."

The girl shot the man with a knife, and Li Yaonan just pretended that he couldn't see it. It was better for him to have a local mountain person lead the way. It was easier for him to understand the situation

. Not used to his sloppy words, he stammered, "You're welcome, yes, yes."

Li Yaonan curled his lips and smiled, walking forward slowly, gossiping with the man and asking him about the local situation , and some local specialties.

The man was very happy after hearing this, and answered Li Yaonan one by one, hoping that he could buy more things so that the villagers could also improve their lives.

Li Yaonan sighed in his heart that the man's requirements were really low. At the same time, he also understood that there was no concept of government in the man's mouth at all. If there was something wrong, the village chief should be consulted. Just find the local squire. As for what the government is, sorry, the man just shook his head honestly, I have no money.

Li Yaonan was in a heavy heart and couldn't tell what it was like. Who is to blame for the corruption of the government.

With their line of dragging oil bottles, the man's journey was much slower. The girl was in a hurry at first, but after chatting, she was not angry anymore. Anyway, she knew what the man's temperament was. If he was really angry, then she would still be angry. I can't eat anymore, I'm full of gas.

Li Yaonan looked at the happy couple, and his dull mood eased slightly. In the afternoon, the group finally arrived at the destination. The guards were better, but Li Yaonan was exhausted.

Because he was a big buyer, the man took him to the village chief's house, an earthen house built with mud and straw, the roof was covered with thick straw, the ground was full of potholes and there were traces of water leakage, which was more expensive than the pigsty of rich people Not as good, but looking around, it is obvious that the village chief's house is already the best house in the cottage.

Li Yaonan frowned and looked around. The living environment of the mountain people was worse than he imagined.

The village chief is about fifty, and his long-term hard work has made him even older, but with those bottomless eyes, he has a shrewdness and wisdom that cannot be ignored.

The village chief greeted them warmly, but his eyes were fixed on their clothes. In the afternoon, a sumptuous dinner was prepared. Of course, the so-called sumptuous means that there are vegetables and meat. Li Yaonan only ate a few casually. The children of the parents devoured them.

Li Yaonan was slightly startled, and couldn't help but sigh in his heart that the children of the village chief's family were well-bred, even if the environment was so bad, he was already drooling, he still endured to eat after the guests had eaten.

"I made you laugh." The village chief's attitude was very respectful, and he was very enthusiastic towards them.

It's just that Li Yaonan couldn't see any joy on his face, but in the village chief's eyes, there was a touch of nervousness and caution.

"You don't need to be polite," Li Yaonan said with a smile. He looked around, especially a few of his subordinates. His eyes were fixed on the big knife hanging from their waists. A flaw is revealed here.

Now that his identity has been seen through, Li Yaonan no longer pretends, and points to the seat next to him: "Sit." Straight to the point: "The village chief tell me about the stockade." The

village chief sat down with the situation, and his attitude became more and more cautious: "There are thirty-eight families in our stockade, two hundred and fifty-three people..."

Li Yaonan frowned and decided to ask the question himself. How much land has been planted this year, and what is the expected harvest? What are some local specialties in the mountains, have you ever thought about building roads in previous years? What is the average annual income?"

"This..." The village chief thought for a while: "This year, a total of seventy-eight plants have been planted. There are less than three acres of paddy fields per household, and the harvest is not enough for the villagers to eat. Everyone usually relies on hunting or selling herbs to make money. Thanks to the help of the housekeeper Yi, it is good that we can eat enough every year, and there is no money left. Li Yaonan was speechless, listening to the

village chief's meaning that he was calling the poor, and he was not a bandit who oppressed the villagers, so he didn't need to be so vigilant.

"Is Butler Yi from the Yi family?" Li Yaonan asked with a smile, feeling a little unhappy in his heart. When the village chief mentioned Butler Yi, his tone was the same as that of a living Bodhisattva who saved the suffering.

"Exactly." The village chief nodded in response, his expression unmoving.

It was only at this time that Li Yaonan realized that the village chief wanted to use the housekeeper Yi to oppress others and make himself afraid.

Li Yaonan laughed angrily. Today, when he knew that the Yi family was so powerful, he said unceremoniously: "You know, a tiger skin can be sold for at least a hundred taels, and even more than a thousand taels, a hundred-year-old ginseng. , I can't get down without five hundred taels of silver, and the supply is in short supply."

The village chief was startled, his wrinkled old face twitched slightly, and he said in surprise: "One, one hundred taels?"

Li Yaonan nodded, not surprised by the village chief's reaction. Convenient, as a native mountain person, even if he is the head of a village, how can he know the market outside.

The corners of the village chief's lips wriggled, his bright eyes dimmed quickly, and he asked tentatively, "What is your order?" No matter whether the Yi family is good or the person in front of him, what is the difference? No matter how much money you can sell, the premise is that There must be a buyer. Which businessman is willing to come here, and there are people from the yamen who are eyeing him. Compared with the stranger in front of him, he trusts the housekeeper more.

Li Yaonan pondered for a while, and didn't expect a word or two to impress the village chief. He decided to put down a bait first, and said with a smile, "Not for now, you will take me around the stockade later, it's rare to come here, just in time. Bring some mountain goods back, and think about it carefully, if you build a road, will there be a shortcut in the mountains?" " Building

a road?"

Laugh: "I'm the newly appointed Yuxi judge, and the villagers' lives are also responsible. I think transportation is the key to enriching the people. Otherwise, the mountain freight will not go down, and it will be a pity if the accumulation is bad." The

village chief looked at him suspiciously. As if he didn't believe that he would be so kind, he reminded: "Building the road costs a lot of money."

Li Yaonan laughed: "Don't worry, you don't need to pay for the money, but you have to provide the manpower."

"The manpower is no problem." The village chief He was a little more sincere, but he didn't fully believe it. The impression the government gave him was never practical. Listen to what this lord said. Anyway, the villagers won't suffer. .