Chapter 110

The group quickly came to the governor's yamen. At this time, a lot of people had gathered. The officials were furious and arguing, and they were all discussing what to do. The war came too suddenly and too violently, making them unprepared.

According to the rules of Dajin, people in the city exist, and people in the city die. They don't want to die, and they don't want to go into battle to kill the enemy.

The governor's face was as deep as water, which gave everyone a little more confidence. Pairs of expectant eyes looked at the governor, waiting for him to make up his mind, hoping that the governor can come up with a good plan.

Someone suggested: "The common people need to be appeased, otherwise the chaos will have unimaginable consequences."

Others are worried, not knowing whether he is worried about himself or the common people: "The streets are already chaotic, and people must be sent to maintain order."

"Now The chaos outside has just started, so you must come up with a countermeasure."

"People have already started to flee from the city gate." "When will the rescuers

arrive?"

"What if the Qiang people come over."

Bubbling, Mr. Wang said fiercely: "I want to send my family away first."

With his beginning, the rest of the people immediately began to think about how to protect their families. As for fighting the enemy, folks, who cares.

Li Yaonan watched from the sidelines, the last bit of guilt was completely annihilated, and it turned out that the upper beam was not right and the lower beam was crooked. Such an official is simply dead.

There were also a few people who were very silent, with low official positions and angry expressions on their faces. However, they dared not speak out. Li Yaonan carefully kept people in mind. , maybe he can use it too. It is true that a person's conduct can only be seen in times of crisis.

All the officials have said enough, I looked at the governor with all expectations, only the governor has soldiers and horses in his hands, although not many, only eight thousand guards, but it is enough to appease people.

The governor did not disappoint everyone, and his light-hearted words calmed the emotions of the officials: "The chief soldier will arrive soon, and this official has already sent a letter to the governor of Yungui. You don't have to worry, the Qiang people will not be able to fight.

" That's good." Master Liu showed a look of joy, and Master Zhang also breathed a sigh of relief.

Lord Wang is still thinking in his heart to send his family out as soon as possible.

Mr. Huang said righteously: "When will the city gate be closed, what will the people do? What will happen to the grain? How much grain is there in Dali now, please let the adults make up their minds."

Li Yaonan was quite surprised, but he didn't expect Mr. Huang to have such kind of courage.

The governor glanced at him lightly: "This is..."

Mr. Mao hurriedly apologized: "He is the governor of the Xiaguanyuan, and his brain is not very good, please forgive me." Mr.

Yang and Mr. Li echoed: "Mao It is what the lord said, and everyone in the yamen knows about this matter." Mr.

Huang felt very wronged, why every time he made remarks, he would always be ignored by others, but this time he was even slandered as having a problem with his brain, and looked at Li in grievance. My lord, I hope he can speak justice.

Master Huang thought that although Master Li had a bad temper, he was definitely a good official who was dedicated to the people. Even if he repeatedly hits the wall, he still can't stop him from admiring Master Li, especially when he sees Master Li actually beheading the magistrate of Huayang, Master Huang's admiration in his heart is like the flooding of the Yellow River.

"Lord Li, what do you have to say?" The governor's face was dark and his tone was not very good.

Li Yaonan felt that he was lying on the gun, and quickly took back the slight improvement of Mr. Huang just now. He was not afraid of a god-like opponent, but only a pig-like teammate. It was indeed a famous saying, and said lightly: "The lower official thinks that the people need to be appeased, and the food needs to be counted. What do all the adults think?"

Li Yaonan decided to bring misfortune to the east, food is related to people's livelihood, and it is also related to everyone's survival, he is not afraid that the officials should not be in harmony.

Master Liu nodded quickly: "Yes, the border has been at war, food will definitely be in short supply, we must count it as soon as possible."

Master Zhang's heart tightened, and then said: "There are 8,000 guards at the city gate to support, if there is not enough food, do you want to go? Civil expropriation?"

Li Yaonan gave him a cold look, and a burst of boredom rose in his heart: "Let's count the food first, you still think the people are not chaotic enough?" Master

Zhang's face darkened: "You are responsible for not enough food?"

Li Yaonan moved his lips: "You are responsible for the chaos of the people? What benefits did the Qiang people give you to do your best? The people were in chaos, and the Qiang people took advantage of the situation. What is your intention, Sir Zhang?"

"You..." Sir Zhang flushed with anger.

The governor said indifferently: "Master Li is very eloquent." Li

Yaonan cupped his hands and smiled: "Your honor." The

governor glanced at him casually: "In this case, the common people will leave it to Master Li to appease, and if there is a problem, the official is the only one to ask. "

Li Yaonan bowed and saluted: "I'm under your command." The

governor stopped looking at him, comforted the officials a few words, so that they didn't have to worry, and then sent everyone back to wait for news.

Lord Huang's eyes shone brightly. He just thought that Lord Li was so mighty just now. Just as he was about to take a few steps forward, he was stopped by Li Yaonan's cold eyes, biting a small handkerchief in his heart. Why is Lord Li always so cruel and true to him? color.

After getting rid of a plague god, Li Yaonan quickly returned home and called all the guards. Except for ten people who stayed behind, the rest went out with him.

Li Yaonan put on the official uniform, the color on his face was cautious, and there was a bit of sadness between his brows. Looking in the mirror, he gave his expression a full score. Li Yaonan waved his hand, and the whole person was very ambitious: "Go, go to the yamen." The

guard was startled by his master's expression, and his nervousness eased.

Li Yaonan led a group of people and stood at the gate of the yamen to speak loudly. The calm voice was not hurried or slow, there were no words of comfort, and there was no promise. There was a touch of sadness in the air. Li Yaonan only told everyone that the war was coming. There should be a way to deal with it. Food should be hidden, not just in one basket. The hiding place should be safe. It is necessary to protect the elderly and children at home. The strong people can dig traps and set up ambush.

With the passage of time, more and more people listened to the lecture, and such simple and unpretentious language is more reassuring than any empty promises.

The people listened very carefully, Li Yaonan explained it very carefully, and occasionally made an analogy to everyone, if you encounter an enemy, don't fight hard. The young men who listened were enthusiastic, and the old people praised them one after another.

The tense atmosphere gradually eased. No one does not love their hometown. If there is a modern person here, they will definitely understand Li Yaonan's intention. He is simply bewitching.

Li Yaonan spoke for three days in a row, and his mouth was dry. The people who listened to the lecture, from the officials of the imperial court to the common people, listened carefully and carefully, and several officials took out their pen and ink and recorded them one by one.

Of course, some people disagreed, anxious to settle down and ready to leave at any time. Li Yaonan wrote down the attitudes of the officials, and felt a little relieved, at least not all officials in Yunnan were in the lounge.

On the fourth day, news came from Fengshan that the Qiang tribe had already invaded the city, but the rescue troops had not yet arrived, and Fengshan could only last for two days.

The governor's mansion was full of gloom and gloom. As the backbone of Yunnan, the officials rushed to visit and put all their hopes on the governor, hoping that he could give everyone a surprising answer.

On the fifth day, the city of Fengshan was destroyed. The fleeing people were in rags, and their eyes were desolate. They lost their relatives and homes.

Li Yaonan closed his eyes, and his heart became heavy. He grew up in a peaceful era in his last life. He had never seen war, nor had he experienced the cruelty of war. At this moment, he suddenly felt a little regretful. For his own sake, he ignored the general public. Right or wrong.

Erwazi is thirteen years old this year. In order to let him escape, his parents died under the sword of the enemy. They went to a safe place and saw the parents and officials of the common people. He must be the master for us."

Li Yaonan's reputation is very good, not to mention Yuxi for three years, and in the past few months, he was praised by many people, and the people of Fengshan saw him as if they saw a savior, but In the face of other officials, his brows were furious, and the hatred in his eyes was undisguised.

When Li Yaonan asked, he found out that the prefect of Fengshan was greedy for life and feared death, but he had no resistance and opened the gate to the Qiang people.

Li Yaonan hated in his heart. The emotion just now was instantly annihilated. He was right. The so-called "no breaking, no standing", Yunnan has already decayed from the inside. If the torso is not uprooted, the loss will only be more severe.

More than 800 people escaped from Fengshan, and Li Yaonan handed them over to the husband and asked him to find a way to settle down.

Lin Yixuan carefully took over the tasks assigned by her husband, arranged them in a villa outside the city, and imitated her husband's appearance, brainwashing everyone every day, arousing their feelings of revenge.

The atmosphere in Dali became more and more tense, and there was no news of the rescue of the soldiers. The officials began to pack their bags and fled privately in twos and threes.

Finally one morning, an official visiting the governor found that the governor's house was empty.

A small number of officials showed sarcasm, as if to be expected, and most officials felt that the sky was falling and the people were not in chaos, but the officials were the first to be in chaos.

Li Yaonan immediately ordered the news to be blocked, and no one was allowed to publicize the matter. As soon as the governor fled, the Governor would definitely take action. After setting it up for so long, he would never allow others to take it first. This time, he not only wanted to steal the Governor's Credit, but also to catch the governor, let him steal chickens without losing rice, such a selfish governor, what is the use of him.

Li Yaonan summoned the people and gave a loud speech: "The Qiang people have already attacked Fengshan, where they are killing, burning, looting and looting. When they have collected enough food and gold and silver treasures, they will definitely attack Nanquan in the next battle. What about Nanquan? , have you thought about it?"

Li Yaonan looked at everyone with a heavy expression, and without waiting for them to reply, he continued: "Yes, it's Dali, they will definitely attack Dali, have you thought about what to do? It's standing here waiting to die. Or just rely on meager strength to resist the 100,000-strong army of the Qiang people." The

people were at a loss and didn't know what to do. Master Li taught them how to resist the enemy army and how to save their lives. Is it useless?

"There are no eggs under the nest, Nanquan is not guaranteed, how can Dali live in peace, this official does not want the Fengshan incident to repeat, this official decides to take people to Nanquan in person, this official swears that the city is alive, and the city is dead. , swear to protect the people of Yunnan to the death."

"Okay! Mr. Li, Xiaguan supports you, and Xiaguan wants to do everything in his power, and ask the Lord to lead Xiaguan there." Lord Huang immediately shouted excitedly.

Li Yaonan's lips twitched, too lazy to look at him, and continued to stare at the people below: "Do you have any ideas? This officer's life and death in Nanquan is unpredictable, and he is not reluctant to strengthen his family, but this officer will do his best to defend one's homeland. , how about you? Do you want to go into battle to kill the enemy, do you want to take revenge, do you want to go with this official to kill him, and say it out loud."

"Want to—" Master Huang replied in a tearful voice, emotionally overwhelmed. Self-sufficient, with a look of wanting to kill all the Qiang people in the world, a bit like a little angry youth.

Li Yaonan didn't want to see him at first, but Lord Huang's agreement was not without benefit. His emotions infected others, and a young man from Fengshan stood up with red eyes and said loudly: "I want to go into battle to kill the enemy, I want to Avenge my parents."

"I'm going too, I want to defend my homeland."

"And me."

Master Huang raised his hand and shouted: "Defend the homeland and drive away the Qiang people.

" They shouted: "Defend the homeland and drive away the Qiang people."

"Defend the homeland and drive away the Qiang people.

"

Li Yaonan was satisfied, and said a few high-sounding words, promising to live and die with everyone, and then assigned an official to let him register the people who volunteered to go to Nanquan, and prepare to leave early the day after tomorrow.

As for Mr. Huang, Li Yaonan had another task to explain, asking him to get food.

Mr. Huang was so excited that Mr. Li was finally willing to believe him, and he swore that he would definitely complete the task.

Li Yaonan nodded and patted his shoulder admiringly, saying that everything was up to him.

Lord Huang raised his chest and raised his head, with a serious look on his face, and suddenly felt that he had a great responsibility.

Li Yaonan breathed a sigh of relief, and finally found a way to deal with the brain damage, and his husband was also kept in Dali by him. Lin Yixuan was not happy, but his husband had no connections in Dali, and he could not count on the government in terms of logistics. If he did not stay in Dali, Dali If something goes wrong and the gains outweigh the losses, you can only accept it reluctantly.

Li Yaonan was about to go to Nanquan, but officials in Dali went to seven or eight overnight. Many people laughed at Li Yaonan for being stupid, but no one really admired him.

Li Yaonan's face was expressionless, and Li Yaonan decided to trust them if he could stay and perform the duties of an official regardless of their character.

Explaining the affairs of Dali clearly, the next morning, Li Yaonan led the 3,000 men and set out, constantly encouraging their momentum along the way.

When I came to Nanquan, there were people everywhere, the streets were a mess, and some people were robbing their homes in broad daylight. The enemy did not call, but the people were already in chaos.

Li Yaonan frowned, directly revealing his identity, and wanted to see Nanquan County Magistrate.

When the soldiers at the city gate saw them, there was nothing but desolation left after rejoicing. They thought they were rescuers, but it turned out to be a team formed by a group of civilians.

The magistrate of Nanquan came out to greet him, his eyes were red, and he was in his forties, and his hair was half white: "Xiaguan has seen Mr. Li."

"Master Yang doesn't need to be too polite, what's the situation now?" Li Yaonan got off his horse and bowed his hands in return.

Master Yang smiled wryly, with deep exhaustion on his face: "Last night the Qiang people attacked once, and today is not expected to be so fast, why did Master Li come here.

" Yanneng ignores it." Master

Yang gave him a deep look: "Nanquan's food can last for half a month, but the Qiang's offensive is fierce, I'm afraid I won't be able to support it tomorrow night."

Li Yaonan frowned and said lightly: "Bring this book first. The officials should go and have a look, besides, the people in the city should be comforted." He turned to look at Sun Ruisi: "You go to this matter, remember to bring a few Fengshan people."

Sun Ruisi understood: "Yes, sir." Only the Fengshan people, Only then can the people of Nanquan be united with the enemy and unite. The strength of the people should not be underestimated. If an army is formed, coupled with the arrangement of the adults, Sun Ruisi believes that it will not be a problem to resist for ten days and a half months.

Lord Yang took the lead and led Li Yaonan to the city wall. The soldiers stumbled and rested on the spot, taking advantage of the gap. The air smelled of blood, and the bright red blood on the city wall was too late to wash, and the redness was shocking.

Li Yaonan stood on the city wall and looked at the huge camp in the distance: "When do they usually attack?"

"Not necessarily, sometimes it's night, sometimes it's noon, there are five thousand guards in Nanquan, and now there are only three thousand left. , I'm afraid..." Master Yang said with old tears.

Li Yaonan spared no effort to smear Governor Yungui, and said lightly: "Master Yang doesn't have to be like this. My brother-in-law is the governor of Yizhou. He will come to rescue in a few days, and the Southeast Army will also arrive in a few days."

Lord Yang's lips trembled, how could he not understand the meaning of Lord Li? The Governor did not send troops, but only asked for help from the Southeast Army. The people of Yunnan are also citizens of Jin, why did it become like this? What if he came to the rescue, he wondered if Nanquan could last until that time.

"Definitely." Li Yaonan said decisively.

Lord Yang didn't speak any more. He knew that Lord Li was a good official. However, being a good official did not mean that he would lead troops to fight. It did not mean that three thousand people in the city could resist the enemy's army of 50,000, and another 50,000 army would follow. It's here, otherwise he won't be able to hold on for two days.

Li Yaonan quickly began to make arrangements. Some of the soldiers on the city wall stayed behind and some went to rest, and they had enough energy to kill the enemy. The 3,000 troops he brought just happened to replace the exhausted soldiers.

It's a pity that God didn't give them any buffer time, and everything has not been arranged yet...

"Woo-" The horn sounded in the distance.

Master Yang's expression changed: "The Qiang people are going to attack the city."

Li Yaonan didn't dare to be sloppy, turned to look at the three thousand people he brought with him, and said loudly, "Look, those people are going to destroy our homeland. What do you say?" The deep and powerful voice cheered people up.

"Fight to the death." The people shouted loudly.

"Kill him without leaving a piece of armor."

"Defend the homeland and drive away the Qiang people."

"Okay!" Li Yaonan smiled and pointed to the faint black spot in the distance: "The Qiang people have already started to gather up their troops, and they will attack soon. Come here, I hope all the good guys in Yunnan will show me well."

"Yes!" The 3,000 people have developed a habit of answering Li Yaonan's questions loudly.

"You are not afraid."

"Not afraid."

"Killing one is enough, killing two is enough, I am not afraid."

"I am not afraid, my parents are dead, I want revenge."

"I want to defend my homeland and protect my villagers. "

Okay, now we're all lined up and stick to their posts."

"Yes!"

With the loud and clear dialogue, the soldiers at the city gate seemed to be infected by this atmosphere, and their expressions became more determined.

Mr. Yang was deeply admired. Facing Mr. Li, he was indeed ashamed, and a kind of hope rose in his heart. With the help of Mr. Li, he could keep Nanquan.

Li Yaonan's face was gloomy, and he calmly ordered: "Prepare me with oil and spirits, the more the better, and all of them will be taken to the city wall." Lord Yang was taken aback,

why do you want those things.

Li Yaonan frowned: "Come on, Nanquan is your territory, and send things over quickly." Lord

Yang didn't dare to delay. Although he didn't understand what he meant, he thought that Mr. Li was a smart person and would never do anything useless. . The dark Qiang army soon approached the city. Li Yaonan

stared coldly at the front and asked the soldiers beside him, "How long can we delay them?

"

Here, let me drench it all down, and you should pay attention to attacking with fire." The

soldiers were puzzled, and some soldiers suddenly realized: "The oil is slippery, and the wine is flammable."

A stern look flashed in Li Yaonan's eyes: "Wait with them first, and attack at night tonight."

"Night attack—" The soldiers turned pale in shock, and the Qiang's offensive could not cope. Li Yaonan

rubbed his temples and explained, "The best defense is to attack. It consumes their strength during the day and surprises them at night." The Qiang people quickly attacked, and the city walls shouted and killed. It was the first time that Li Yaonan saw such a desolate scene. The shock in his heart was indescribable. One fell down, and could not raise any waves. Oil and spirits were quickly delivered, a cauldron was set up on the city wall, the hot tung oil fell, and there was a scream from the enemy. This battle was fought for a long time, and it was not until the evening that the Qiang people thumped their drums to withdraw their troops. "The enemy has retreated, and the enemy has retreated." The soldiers shouted loudly, cheering excitedly. This battle was not easy for them, but it was much better than the previous two days. After counting the number of people, only 328 people died. Li Yaonan's heart trembled when he heard it, the soldier's sad expression, with the smile of the rest of his life, this time very few people died, can they persist until they survive.