Chapter 26

In the morning in the countryside, the air is extraordinarily fresh, and the fresh and fragrant air blows in, which makes people feel refreshed.

Li Yaonan and Lin Yixuan got up early in the morning, ate some breakfast at random, and prepared what they were going to bring. Li Jingxiang took them to the fourth uncle's house. It was considered to recognize people first, and then they would officially recognize relatives at a banquet after the adoption. .

Now is the time of autumn harvest. As we walked all the way, I saw a golden field in the fields, a scene of a bumper harvest. The people of the tribe had already started to work in the field. When they saw the patriarch, some people greeted the patriarch warmly and said hello to the patriarch. Li Jingxiang could be seen. It is very prestigious in the eyes of the clan.

Li Yaonan and Lin Yixuan also followed suit, and became familiar in front of the clan.

After walking for about a quarter of an hour, the fourth uncle's house arrived. This is a small farmyard built of blue bricks. There are two sweet-scented osmanthus trees planted at the door.

It seemed that they knew they were coming. A scholar in his thirties was waiting at the door.

"This is your third cousin." Li Jingxiang pointed at the scholar and introduced.

" Hello, third cousin." "Hello,

third cousin."

Li Yaonan and Lin Yixuan hurriedly saluted.

The book grows upright and dignified, smiled back at them kindly, bowed in a salute, and said with a smile, "Come into the house, my grandfather is waiting."

After entering the house, Li Yaonan discovered that there were only four in the fourth uncle's family. In addition to the uncle and the fourth uncle, there are three cousins, seven cousins, two cousins, and the three cousins ​​who have married off are not counted. There is also one cousin, six nephews and four nieces in the family. The family can be called four generations.

Seeing the room full of people, Li Yaonan's first impression was that there were a lot of people, and the second impression was that the ancient family planning really could give birth.

However, Lin Yixuan had already inquired about it a long time ago. He knew how many people there were in the fourth uncle's family, so he hurriedly asked someone to bring gifts, and then the two of them greeted everyone in turn, and everyone became acquainted in a short time.

It was only then that Li Yaonan realized that there were actually two talented people in the fourth uncle's family. The third cousin just now was the most promising one. He is currently studying his homework at home, and he plans to make a lot of money so that he can take the exam next year.

Several nephews are also studying in school. After Li Jingxiang revealed that the reason why the fourth uncle helped him so much was because he gave the fourth uncle's house a place in the Mingwei Academy, which is the second son of the third cousin. He is very talented in reading. He is only ten years old this year, and he has already finished reading the Analects of Confucius, which is even better than his father.

No wonder the third cousin would greet them in person. Li Yaonan knew it instantly, but he didn't feel angry. The exchanges between people are like this. If there is no exchange of interests, talk about feelings? Bullshit! Why do people help you for no reason? Even he and Lin Yixuan were involved because of their interests. If it wasn't for this marriage relationship, he wouldn't trust Lin Yixuan. If it wasn't for the adoption, Lin Yixuan wouldn't work happily with him. But never showed a good face to him.

But he himself was not much better. Thinking of him as a big man and bullying a teenage child, Li Yaonan felt a little ashamed, but next time, choosing between grievances against himself and grievances against others, Li Yaonan might still have to be right. Lin Yixuan said sorry.

In other words, Lin Yixuan is actually a good person, but his temper is a little cold and his temper is too difficult to handle. Putting these two points aside, if Lin Yixuan is really a woman, it doesn't matter whether he has a sweetheart or not, Li Yaonan really wants to take him back to be his wife. , He is so capable and virtuous. He was prepared for the second generation ancestor. Just looking at Lin Yixuan's efforts to the clan when he returned to the old clan, Li Yaonan felt ashamed. These trivial things were replaced by him. Come.

Back to business, Li Yaonan saw that the fourth uncle had clear eyes and acted a jerk. He couldn't help but admire him. The fourth uncle was really a talent. There are many children in the uncle's family, and it is not easy to be able to adopt him to the third uncle's family.

Li Yaonan had to admit that although one cry, two troubles, three hangings, although it was disgusting, it really worked.

On this day, the two stayed at the fourth uncle's public house for dinner, and it was considered a joy for the guest and host.

Early the next morning, Li Jingxiang invited seniors who were highly respected in the tribe to open the door of the ancestral hall and preside over the adoption ceremony for Li Yaonan.

The Li's Ancestral Hall is a large courtyard with a solemn and dignified architectural form. It is generally only opened when there is something in the family.

This is the first time Li Yaonan has seen an ancient ancestral hall. The houses with blue tiles and white walls are simple and solemn. The stones under the steps form a narrow road. Walking along the road, the main room is a lobby, and in the lobby are placed the tablets of the people of the past dynasties. , Going here, even the mood seems to have become heavy.

Li Yaonan was kneeling in the center of the main room and bowed to his ancestors first.

Immediately afterwards, the patriarch began to recite the sacrificial text: "There is Li Guangdong, a son of the Li family, who is sad that his brother died early, his nephew died early, and there is no heir. On the auspicious day of the 18th day of the 9th year of the year, I burned incense to report to the temple, and the son born at noon on the 22nd of June of the third year of Chengze, named Yaonan, was established as the heir of Taicheng, the son of his disciple..."

Li Jingxiang said Lazaza. Da Dui, and then told Lin Yixuan to be courteous and courteous, to keep the husband and the husband, and the husband and the wife to get along in harmony.

Li Yaonan and Lin Yixuan kept kowtowing, Li Yaonan felt that it was very hard, the ancient rules were trouble, and their foreheads were red.

As the husband of the Li family, Lin Yixuan knew very well that this might be the first and last time he came here in his life, and his expression became serious and cautious without realizing it.

Li Jingxiang finished reading the letter of establishment, and in the presence of the elders of the Li family, he asked for the genealogy. He turned to the page of Li Tai'an, and with a light stroke of the brush, removed Li Yaonan's name, and then replaced it with another genealogy. Li Yaonan's name is added to Li Taicheng's name, and next to Li Yaonan is Lin Yixuan. In the future, if there are women, the names of the children will also be recorded under their names.

After writing the last stroke, even if Li Yaonan and Lin Yixuan are officially adopted, they will no longer be from Lifu in Yangzhou.

Li Yaonan's mood was complicated. Seeing the patriarch writing his name stroke by stroke, he couldn't tell what it was like for a while. After waiting for so long, it was done in a few strokes. As the pen tip waved, an inexplicable sense of belonging flooded into his heart, and it took root. It was the first time that he had truly realized that he was an ancient person.

Li Yaonan and Lin Yixuan bowed three times under Li Taicheng's ranking.

After the ceremony was over, they went to the clan cemetery to visit the graves of the ancestors of the sixth family. After finishing everything, it was almost afternoon.

The patriarch invited all the members of the Li clan, and Li Yaonan put on a banquet, which was lively for three days and three nights before it ended.

On the second house, Li Yaonan took Lin Yixuan there on the day of his adoption. Just as the patriarch said, he became the heir of the sixth house. Uncle Qian did not turn them away, but he was not too friendly until Lin Yixuan promised, Will find a way out for his eldest grandson, the second uncle Qian smiled at them.

While Li Yaonan was moved, he also had some concerns. After all, others didn't know about it, but he knew very well that Lin Yixuan's marriage this time had completely cut off the relationship with Jingyang Hou's mansion. Is it alright to make such a promise to Er Bo Qian?

Lin Yixuan's expression was as cold as ever: "Although I have cut ties with the Hou Mansion, my brother is still in Beijing, and my mother is also the third wife of the Jingyang Hou Mansion. It's okay to help me with a little help." The most important thing is that he has met Er Uncle Qian. His eldest grandson, he was stable and mature at a young age. He was a talented person. Now he has just turned thirteen. He will take at least a few years to take the imperial examinations. A few years are enough time for him to arrange everything. My brother should have made his mark at that time.

What's more, he still has the biggest trump card. As the servant of the Prince's Mansion, the direction of the imperial court is clear to him. Even if everything changes, the examination questions of the imperial examination will never change. He was busy, but in the next few years, he remembered clearly the questions of the general exam and the palace exam. He and Li Yaonan were both prosperous, and the children of the Li family were promising, which was also a good thing for them.

Only when the whole family rises, others will look at you highly. No matter how brilliant a person's achievements are, once they lose power, they will collapse, and even their shadows will not be found. Otherwise, why do people say that aristocratic families have deep roots? Network!

In the next few days, Erbo Qian will give Li Yaonan some advice on his knowledge, whether he has passed the exam. Although Li Yaonan does not agree with him in some places, Erbo Qian's guidance has really benefited him a lot. Straight up.

The two lived in the old clan for half a month. During the period, the patriarch gave them ten acres of land, and they will be people of six houses in the future. It is impossible to say without land.

Li Yaonan politely refused, but Li Jingxiang said, that is for sacrificing fields, and they don't need to cultivate them. This is the case of the clan, but 10 taels of silver need to be handed in every year, which will be exempted after passing the exam.

Li Yaonan thought for a while, and accepted the kindness of the patriarch. After the adoption, he is now not a son of the official family, but a white body. Only if he is a talented person in the examination, he does not have to pay harsh taxes to the court, which is also beneficial to the clan.

The current imperial household registration system is strictly managed. In order to avoid tax evasion by farmers, a scholar can only have at most 50 acres of land under his name. Taking advantage of his status as a scholar to give tax exemptions to the clan, Li Yaonan actually couldn't understand. The owner of this body failed twice in the exam. Where did the clan leader have confidence that he would definitely be named in the gold medal list.

Seeing the end of the month, Li Yaonan and Lin Yixuan had a discussion, planning to return to Yangzhou as soon as possible, and some things in the Li Mansion should be stopped.

Before parting, Li Youxin told Li Yaonan that he would be leaving for the capital in the next few days, accompanied by three children of the clan who were around ten years old.

After Lin Yixuan found out, he gave Li Youxin a three-entry house. This was still the dowry prepared by Lin's mother for him. At the beginning, Lin's mother always thought that he would marry in the capital, and most of the properties he bought were in the capital and Yangzhou. After coming to Yangzhou, Lin Zhiyuan hurriedly purchased Zhuangzi and other courtyards.

Li Youyou was confident and grateful, but he was not polite to them. Although he was studying in the Imperial College, he always had to have a place to live. The cost of the capital was not yet known. Although Lijiazhuang was rich, it could not withstand the prosperity of Beijing. Lin Yixuan's thoughts were kept in his heart.

When they returned, Li Yaonan and Lin Yixuan took the same waterway.