Chapter 25

In the afternoon, the two were going to talk to the patriarch, and by the way, they met the patriarch's wife. Before they went out, the servants came back and reported that it was the second room that returned all the gifts they sent.

Li Yaonan and Lin Yixuan looked at each other. They knew from Erfang. They heard that Erfang's clan uncle had once been a juren, and he had quite a position in the clan. The two of them were new arrivals, and it stands to reason that there should not be any festivals with Erfang.

The two were puzzled, and they were going to see the patriarch, so they didn't delay, and they walked to the main room with the gift they had prepared in advance.

The patriarch's wife is a shrewd and capable woman, about forty years old. She is dressed neatly. When she saw them, she smiled and said, "I guessed that you would come over. Just as you were talking, someone arrived.

" Madam of the patriarch." Li Yaonan bowed and saluted.

"I've seen Aunt Yun." Lin Yixuan had long since inquired about the name of the patriarch's wife, and now he's seen her, but he doesn't see anything.

When the patriarch's wife heard this, she smiled, looked at Li Yaonan and said, "What lady is not a lady, she is just an old woman. In the future, just like your wife, just call me Aunt Yun."

Li Yaonan touched his nose, and he was really inferior in terms of inner house. Lin Yixuan was smooth, and called out with kindness: "Yes, Aunt Yun."

Aunt Yun smiled with satisfaction, and pointed to the people around him and introduced: "This is my eldest daughter-in-law, eldest grandson, and second daughter-in-law, you come here. See you ."

"Good old sister-in-law, good brother and sister." Lin Yixuan hurriedly asked people to present the prepared gifts. The patriarch's family had a share. The two daughters-in-law were given two brocades, and the one for Aunt Yun was Four brocades and a gold bracelet. In addition, the grandson of the patriarch's family also sent a good pen, ink, paper and inkstone.

Li Yaonan had an expression of being struck by lightning, and he was so dizzy that he couldn't find Bei. Li Youxin was only eighteen years old, and he didn't expect his son to run away.

"Uncle Nan, Aunt Nan." The child called in a milky voice.

"Good!" Li Yaonan touched his head, always feeling that a child like a creature is not a lovable existence.

Lin Yixuan took out a piece of jade pendant from his arms and looked at the child's eyes unconsciously softened: "Take it and play, this is the intention of the uncle and aunt." The

child's eyes widened timidly, not daring to take the thing. He first glanced at the elder sister-in-law, and when he saw the elder sister-in-law looking at Aunt Yun, he looked at his grandmother again.

Aunt Yun disapproved and scolded: "You come as soon as you come, and the gifts are also given, what's going on, the child's family can't be used to it, he knows something, and it's a waste to give him good things. "

Lin Yixuan saw that although her mouth was reproachful, her eyes were full of joy, so he smiled and said, "This is nothing, but it's just a matter of luck. It makes Sun smart and clever, and the elder sister-in-law teaches very well. I like it."

It was the first time Li Yaonan saw Lin Yixuan smiling outside the Lin Mansion, and he felt a little jealous at the same time. What's so cute about a child? Why didn't Lin Yixuan smile at him.

Seeing that Lin Yixuan insisted and didn't stop her, Aunt Yun nodded. The little guy happily took the jade pendant and said softly, "Thank you, Aunt Nan." The

elder sister-in-law was full of joy. Others praised her son. Who doesn't like it, let alone Lin Yixuan also praised her indirectly, saying that she taught well.

Aunt Yun glanced at Li Yaonan and Lin Yixuan, laughed and joked: "I like children so much, hurry up and give birth to one, so that I can inherit the incense of the third uncle's family."

Li Yaonan blushed and felt uncomfortable. He hadn't been so embarrassed for a long time. He quietly glanced at Lin Yixuan, seeing his expressionless face, and felt a little empty in his heart. But after thinking about it, he felt that something was wrong. He felt guilty. He and Lin Yixuan were not a real husband and wife.

Li Yaonan thought so in his heart, his face softened, and he hurriedly made an excuse, saying that he wanted to talk to the patriarch, and hurriedly left as if his eyebrows were burning. The inner courtyard of the back house is really not a place for men.

Aunt Yun couldn't help laughing and gasped with laughter: "Look, you're such an old man, you're so embarrassed and shy."

Lin Yixuan didn't answer, only he knew that when he saw Li Yaonan's performance, his heart was filled with emotion. A burst of coldness.

Let's talk about Li Yaonan's side, after seeing the patriarch, he was teaching his younger son, Li Youxin went to his uncle's house, Li Yaonan and Li Youyan greeted each other first, looking at the young boy in front of him, Li Yaonan was shy, again Lamenting the precociousness of the ancients, marrying a daughter-in-law at the age of fifteen, Nima, is it good to mutilate the seedlings.

After talking with the patriarch, Li Yaonan asked his doubts: "The second room is dissatisfied with me. Today, the husband sent a gift, but he was returned." After all, the second room is very famous in the clan, if you can't fight A good relationship is not good for him and Lin Yixuan.

Li Jingxiang let out a long sigh and was silent for a while, and then he spoke in a succinct manner. It turned out that after several generations of unremitting efforts, the Li family is now not only a farm family, but a farming family. It is also well-known in the Suzhou area. There are many students in the family, and there are several scholars. In addition to Li Tai'an's ancestors, there was also a concubine in the second room. It happened a few years ago. When he was in the middle school, he was already 46 out of 40, and he had no hope of continuing to take the jinshi exam.

It was also because of this time that the second room had a feud with the Li Mansion. Ma Yulian was able to seek officials for her nephew, but she did not care about the old family members, and even suppressed them faintly, for fear that the old family members would have a bright future and go over to the Li Mansion. How could the second room not hate it.

Li Yaonan only smiled bitterly after hearing this. He has yet to take over, so he has one more enemy. The people of Li Mansion are really doing some bad things.

"It doesn't matter." Li Jingxiang said indifferently: "After you take over, he will be Li Taicheng's son, inheriting the incense of the six families. Uncle Qian is not an unreasonable person. At that time, you and your husband will be the son of Li Taicheng. If I go to see him again, I will definitely not be turned away."

"Thank you, Uncle Xiang." Li Yaonan thanked him cautiously, and he was relieved. Erbo Qian taught in the clan, and his dozens of disciples were all from the Li clan. , If he really offended him, Li Yaonan would have a headache just thinking about it because of the students he taught.

Li Jingxiang smiled casually: "Why are you being polite with me? Today, you can rest in peace, and tomorrow you will visit the fourth uncle. The day after tomorrow is the auspicious day of the zodiac. We are opening the ancestral hall, just to record your daughter-in-law.

" Do you want to record him?" Li Yaonan was stunned for a moment, feeling a little worried. He had promised Lin Yixuan that he would be set free after he adopted it. If this is recorded on the genealogy...

Li Jingxiang laughed: "Of course, the only thing to remember is to record the genealogy. , your daughter-in-law can justifiably become a member of the Li family." Li

Yaonan frowned, but he didn't know how to explain it. He could only put this matter aside for the time being, and only hope that Lin Yixuan would not be too angry when he knew it.

Not long after, the elder sister-in-law came to ask them to eat.

Seeing Lin Yixuan again, Li Yaonan's expression had already returned to normal, and he was not ashamed at all. Seeing that Lin Yixuan was still indifferent, he couldn't say whether it was disappointment or what, but the heart on his chest was relieved. .

After eating and chatting for a while, Li Yaonan and Lin Yixuan said their goodbyes politely when they saw a little tiredness in the patriarch's eyes.

After a long journey, they stayed up all night last night, and they were a little tired now.

Back in the room, Li Yaonan told Lin Yixuan the matter.

Lin Yixuan was silent, not because he didn't want to speak, but because he didn't know what to say. The so-called letting him free was all Li Yaonan's idea, and he never agreed.

Seeing this, Li Yaonan gave a lot of assurances, all of which reassured Lin Yixuan. He only regarded him as a buddy, and there was absolutely no relationship between men and women. Even if the family tree was recorded, if Lin Yixuan wanted to leave, he would never stop him.

Lin Yixuan poured him a bowl of tea: "You're thirsty!"

Li Yaonan was so flattered that he almost threw the tea bowl on the ground. After licking the corners of his lips, he realized that his mouth was indeed dry, like a cow chewing peony, and he drank half a bowl in one go.

Lin Yixuan looked at him lightly: "I'm going to sleep first."

Li Yaonan was stunned for a while, is this the end? Lin Yixuan didn't scold him, he didn't get angry, this is unlikely, seeing Lin Yixuan's cold face, he suddenly felt a little uncomfortable.

Lin Yixuan ignored him, took out two quilts from the cabinet, spread them on the bed, then took off the hairpin, his long black hair poured straight down, and the candlelight made his cheeks even more cold.

Li Yaonan felt stuffy in his heart, as if he was blocked by something.

Lin Yixuan didn't look at him again, as if no one else was combing his long black hair, he took off his shirt after he was done, leaving only a thin undershirt, took off his shoes and socks, and lay on the bed, the quilt left outside was very Obviously it was for Li Yaonan.

Li Yaonan was stunned for a while. Seeing that Lin Yixuan was really sleeping, he slapped himself angrily. It was a good thing that Lin Yixuan was not angry. With a shudder, he hurriedly took off his clothes and slept on the outside. When he turned his head, he could still see Lin Yixuan's sleeping face.

Lin Yixuan noticed that someone was lying down beside him, and didn't want to open his eyes. He didn't know where Li Yaonan heard the rumors, and thought he had something in his heart. He couldn't explain it, and he didn't want to explain it. So what if he explained it, Li Yaonan didn't like Shuang'er at all. , explain clearly and maybe he will be pushed further, that's all, he is a little tired today, let's take a rest, tomorrow will be fine, tomorrow he will cheer up, no matter what Li Yaonan thinks, he will be the wife of the head of the family. Sit down.