Chapter 13

You woke up to a sunny morning, still wrapped up in your blanket. Yesterday's events flooded your mind, and you smiled. You got out of bed and checked your phone. 9:45. Arthur might be asleep, you thought. I should make breakfast. You didn't want a repeat of last time Arthur cooked.

Once downstairs, you discovered you had all the ingredients to make a pretty decent breakfast for two. You scrambled the eggs in a pan, and began to fry bacon after those were done.

As the bacon was finishing up, Arthur stumbled down the stairs, eyes clouded with sleep. he had on flannel pyjama pants and a plain white t-shirt. The blonde smiled when he saw you wide awake, holding a spatula. "So you're a morning person?" He yawned, and you nodded, setting plates of steaming hot food on the table. "I hope it's okay I made breakfast..." You said.

"Don't be silly, this is your house too, now." he said, sitting down at the table. You sat down on the opposite side, and you both ate in silence. "Oh," Arthur said, suddenly, "After breakfast you need to take some medicine."

"Okay." you said calmly. Pills didn't bother you, unlike some people your age. You finished up the last of your food and stood up, picking up your silverware and plate. As you rinsed of the plate, Arthur came beside you and opened the dishwasher, putting his plate in. "Thanks for cooking, (y/n)" he said, smiling as he walked away and sat on the couch. You smiled back, putting your dishes inside the dishwasher too and walking into the living room. Suddenly, you stopped, eyes widening.

You couldn't breathe, and an overwhelming sense of panic washed over you.

Arthur looked over at your horrified expression. "Something wrong, (y/n)?" He asked. You started to hyperventilate, slumping against the wall. "Oh my god, (y/n)! What's wrong??" Arthur said, getting up and running to you. You slid down the wall into a heap on the floor, still hyperventilating and beginning to rock back and forth. "Bloody hell!" The blonde exclaimed, sitting down next to you and pulling you into his lap. He brushed your hair out of your eyes, which were still wide and filled with panic. You tried to stop violently shaking, to tell him what's wrong, but you couldn't. All you could to was try to breath.

The blonde hugged you to him, rocking you in his lap. You kept shaking.

"It's okay, (y/n), I'm here. You're safe, it's okay." He said quietly, continuing to rock you slowly in his lap as you tried to calm down.

After a few minutes, your breathing became more even. The panic was subsiding, but you were still shaking violently out of fear. You started to cry, and Arthur put his chin on your head and kept rocking. "It's okay. I'm here," He said, and you sniffed and stared into your lap. The blonde rubbed your back. "Do you regularly have these?" he asked, stopping his rocking. "I haven't had a panic attack in a long time..." You said quietly.

Arthur stood up, still holding you, and walked over to the couch. He set you down on it, then went into the kitchen, getting a glass of water from the sink. You had stopped crying by now and wiped your eyes. "I'm sorry.." You said, sniffing. Arthur returned with your medicine and the water and handed it to you. "Don't be," he said, seriously, "It's not your fault. Take these, and i'm going to call your doctor about this." You nodded and took the medicine as he left the room.

He came back a few minutes later, sitting by you on the couch. "The doctor said that this was bound to happen eventually. She told me what to do during them, though, so hopefully if or when it happens again we can calm you down sooner..." he said. you nodded and sighed. Recovery was going to be harder than you though.

Hey guys! Sorry to have such a downer chapter, but reader's panic attacks are going to be important later on i think so it's best to address them now. i did research to see how to properly describe a panic attack, but i've never had one, so if you suffer from them/ know someone who does or has and i described it wrong, please message me and tell me! i want this to be as accurate as i can make it. don't forget to comment and vote! asta la pasta~