Epilogue

10 years later

   "Shit, where is it?" You muttered, digging through the pile of your clothes on the chair with one hand and holding the hem of your dress with the other, "Any of you seen it?"

   "Don't look at me. I dunno," Tino said behind you, "Did you leave it at home?"

  "No, of course not. Maybe it's in my purse?" You muttered, snatching the bag off the ground beside the chair. "Aha!" The box was in the large bag. "Here, let me help." Your friend said, taking the veil out and pushing you towards the mirror. She slowly set it on your head and clipped it in place. "See? You look amazing!" She said. Tino nodded. "Beautiful." He said gently, moving some hair out of your face. 

   "Ah, (y/n)," Gilbert said softly, poking his head in the door, "You ready? Arthur's out here."

   "Oh. Uh..." You said nervously, looking around the room, "I, ah-"

  "(y/n), you look beautiful." Tino smiled, cupping your face in his hands. Your best friend put her hands on your shoulders and rubbed them. "It's true." She muttered, "Go get your boy before I get him myself."

  "But what if-"

 "It's going to be okay." Tino said, ushering you towards Gil. "You look like a princess." The German assured, extending his hand. You gently took it and followed him out the door. Arthur had his back to you, his gloved hands clasped behind him as he bounced on his heels. "Dad..." You said quietly, tapping his shoulder gently as Gilbert scurried away with Tino and your friend. He whipped around, his green eyes watering. "Oh..." He sighed, putting a hand over his mouth, "You look lovely." 

   "Thank you, Dad..." You smiled, wiping at your eyes, "For... For everything."

   "Now, don't smudge your makeup." He said, gently grabbing your wrist, "We gotta go. You have your vows?"

  "Yes." You sighed. "It seems like just yesterday, you and him were off to that school dance." Arthur chuckled, extending his elbow as the organist started playing in the other room. "Yeah... And you took me to 'take your kid to work day'..." You sniffed. "Don't start crying, now." Arthur grinned, "Save that for when you get up there. You really do look beautiful, (y/n)."

  "T-Thanks, Dad." You whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too. Now come on, they're waiting for us." He said, extending his elbow. You gently placed your hand on it as he led you around the corner, where everybody stood expectantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dearly beloved, we have come together in the presence of God to witness and bless the joining together of this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony." The priest said, once you finally made your way down the aisle and stood in front of your fiance at the altar. Arthur had retreated to the frontmost pew of the church, wiping his tears with his gloves. Alfred put a hand on his shoulder and gave you a thumbs up, while Matthew merely smiled. "The bond and covenant of marriage was established by God in creation, and our Lord Jesus Christ adorned this manner of life by His presence and first miracle at the wedding in Cana of Galilee. It signifies to us the mystery of the union between Christ and His Church, and Holy Scripture commends it to be honored among all people." The priest continued, "If any of you can show just cause why they may not be lawfully wed, speak now, or else forever hold your peace."