Chapter 122

"Where were you?" Arthur croaked weakly from the couch as you walked in the front door the next morning, grocery bag in hand. "I went to the store. You were asleep and I didn't wanna bug you. Sorry..." You said quietly. Arthur shifted so he was sitting up slightly, adjusting the ice pack he held on his stomach, "No, it's okay. I was just worried. Why did you go to the store?" He asked. You dug in the bag and pulled out a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, holding it so the label faced him before putting it back into the bag. Arthur narrowed his eyes as you walked into the kitchen. "Why did you get the expensive ice cream?" He muttered. You ignored him as you pulled a spoon out of the silverware drawer and walked back into the living room, holding out the ice cream to him. "You gotta ice the inside of your guts too." You said seriously. Arthur's gaze softened, and he gently took the ice cream, unable to hold back a smile. "Awe, thank you!" He cooed, "You didn't have to do this."

   "It is my fault, so..." You muttered as you turned on your heels and approached the stairs. "No, it's no-" Arthur began before you disappeared into your room. A moment later, you returned with your old (f/c) blanket and  the plush blanket he had given you for Christmas in your arms, draping the latter over him carefully. "It's not you fault." He said quietly. You ignored him and adjusted the blanket so it covered his feet. "Wait, this is your blanket." He muttered, "Why didn't you grab mine?"

   "Because this one's the softest." You replied, wrapping yourself in your old, shredded blanket and sitting on the other end of the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Arthur: "You gotta ice the insides of your guts too dad"

He sent a photo of the pint of ice cream in his hands.

Matthew: That's too precious I cannot believe

Alfred: You gotta

Arthur: She walked to the store all by herself when I was asleep to get this.

Alfred: That's dedication man

Arthur: When I thanked her and said she didn't have to do this she muttered that this was her fault and now I feel terrible

Matthew: Less precious

Alfred: Shit do I need to come hug her again

Arthur: No, I think she's fine. She didn't buy herself ice cream though, I should get some on the way home from work.

Matthew: From what Francis said she was fuckin thrown to the ground I think she needs to ice her guts too

Arthur: You talked to Francis about this?

Alfred: I did too man I mean our precious child got the shit beaten out of her 

Arthur: I feel terrible that she bought me ice cream because she thinks this is her fault and she ignores me when I say it's not