Chapter 111

Emil stopped braiding your hair after a few minutes, opting instead to gently move the two of you so he leaned against the wall the bed was up against and you were in his arms, now sobbing into his chest. The male gently kissed the top of your head and rocked from side to side as he rubbed your back soothingly. "S-Sorry..." You hiccuped, your face still pressed to his shirt. "Don't be, princess. It's okay." He muttered. You pushed yourself away from him and wiped your eyes in an attempt to stop crying. "Nonononono," He said quickly, reaching out to you with both arms, "Don't make yourself stop. C'mere."

  "It's okay, i'm fine now." You sighed, reaching for your phone and squinting at the locked screen, "Ugh, I'm gross."

  "Don't say that." Emil said seriously. You snorted and looked to him with a small smile. "I'm fine, Em." You said. "More like fine as hell." Emil smirked, making your ears turn pink. "You nerd. I do look gross, though. No denying it." You laughed. Suddenly the screen lit up and vibrated, making you squeek in surprise. The name "Ettore" flashed at the top of the screen. "Fuck." You said, dropping your phone off the side of the bed onto the floor and scooting to sit by Emil. "Who is it?" He said. "Nobody important." You muttered. Emil frowned and glanced at you. "Is it another family member?" He asked quietly. 

  "An ex-stepfather. One of many." You sighed, "I keep his number so I know not to answer when he calls."

  "Did he...?" Emil trailed off. "No, he's not a creep. Just annoying. I tolerated him." You stated. "Who's not a creep?" Arthur called from down the hall. You heard his footsteps before his head appeared in the doorway, expression confused as he glanced at the phone that was still buzzing on the floor. "One of my billions of ex-stepfathers."  You said. "If he's not a creep, then why don't you answer it?" Arthur questioned. "He'll want me to talk about my feelings." You replied in a disgusted tone, "He's the most recent divorcee, so he probably knows." 

  "I don't think it'd be too bad of an idea to talk to him." Emil muttered, and your Dad nodded as the phone stopped buzzing. "He'll call later, knowing him." You sighed. "Ettore is a weird name." Emil laughed, and Arthur decided to make his leave and disappeared down the stairs. "He's Italian. My mom dated a lot of Italian guys." You smirked, "No idea how she found so many."

  "Speaking of things unrelated to that," Emil said suddenly, "The pocky game offer is still on the table, and your dad is downstairs."

  You rolled your eyes and gave him an unamused look. "We don't need pocky, you nerd." You stated before grabbing the front of his shirt and pulling him towards you to gently kiss him. "Good point." He grinned once you pulled away, placing a hand on the back of your head to push you towards him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "I'll get the dishes." You said as you shoveled he rest of your dinner on your mouth. "Oh, thank you." Arthur smiled, pushing his chair out and wandering towards the living room, "Matthew will be here in a few minutes." 

  "Okay." You said cheerily as you rinsed off the plates. As if on cue, Matthew threw open the front door and appeared in the living room. "Hey, Artie. (y/n)!" He said excitedly, walking quickly into the kitchen and smothering you with a hug. "Hey, uncle Matt." You said quietly as he pulled away and patted your head. "What are these?" He asked, gently tapping one of the black ears you still wore. "Cat ears." You smiled. "Cute. Ready to learn how hockey works?" He said enthusiastically. You tilted your head slightly and looked to Arthur in confusion. "He didn't tell you?" Matthew frowned, "Artie got to show you Harry Potter, so I get to show you Hockey and Football. Alfred called Star Wars."